Author Topic: altitude starts offline  (Read 945 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
altitude starts offline
« on: January 13, 2009, 04:50:20 PM »
How do you do it?
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: altitude starts offline
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 04:53:27 PM »
How do you do it?

I am pretty sure it only works on certian terrains that has this capability designed into them

ie.... The current Training Arena Terrain or like some of the FSO used Terrains....... and you will only be able to launch at altitude on the pre designated launch areas
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 04:53:38 PM »
Programmed into certain maps, you do mean the air spawns right?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 04:57:26 PM »
Programmed into certain maps, you do mean the air spawns right?

Yes.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 05:03:48 PM »
Anaxogoras,
when you launch from an Air spawn, you will need to immediately raise your Gear and point the nose down a bit to gain some immediately needed speed. Your engine will being starting up just as if you was launching from a sealevel airfield.....

Lowering a notch or 2 of flaps can be helpful as well.......

plan on losing a lil bit of altitude until you come up to a favourable flight speed

hope this helps
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 05:04:22 PM »
Cool.  Thanks for the help.  The Rhinesum map has air spawns.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 06:58:16 PM »
AHTA08 has 5, 10, 15, 20, and 30k airspawns.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 05:55:38 AM »
In the TA terrain if you roll a level bomber from the south spawn points, you'll get airstart over target in the bombing range. Same for fighters but its NE as I remember.

Also A3 (30k field) has a series of airstarts, SE puts you over A1 as I remember.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 08:47:01 AM »
Isn't there some kind of offline arena setting you can edit to create air-spawns anywhere?  Sorta like giving yourself 10x ammo load for your offline practice?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 08:54:15 AM »
Isn't there some kind of offline arena setting you can edit to create air-spawns anywhere?  Sorta like giving yourself 10x ammo load for your offline practice?

That's what I was looking for, but it's not in that list.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 09:06:11 AM »
No ya can't.  A spawn point is an actual object that the map maker must lay down, setting it at an altitude(y-axis) if there is going to be an air start.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 09:09:33 AM »
Geez, I would think that would be something easily changable for offline practice.  I can't see someone who wants to practice high-alt flying/bombing offline spending 20 minutes climbing to 20k - I know I wouldn't.  Yes, you can go online and use the features of the TA, but if someone (as I did myself) wants to fly offline for a few weeks before activating the free 2-week online trial, there's no way to start yourself up in the air?  Bummer.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Old Sport

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 09:27:48 AM »
Geez, I would think that would be something easily changable for offline practice.  I can't see someone who wants to practice high-alt flying/bombing offline spending 20 minutes climbing to 20k - I know I wouldn't.  Yes, you can go online and use the features of the TA, but if someone (as I did myself) wants to fly offline for a few weeks before activating the free 2-week online trial, there's no way to start yourself up in the air?  Bummer.

Back in AH 1 I made my own terrain with 25K spawns and moving cloud fronts with 35K thunderheads (sort of). It was great.

I bet you could go to the Terrain forum and suggest-request someone take the BOB or Slot terrain - add various alt spawn points, and then make these modified terrains available, packaged with the AH download, as you said, for 2 weekers to see if they like AH II.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 09:37:29 AM »

You can "wind" yourself up to 20k pretty quickly even taking off from the ground.  I notice though that AHTA is not on the terrain downloads page.  I'll make an effort to correct that.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 06:52:22 AM »
Imadot it is sort of changable in the mission editor for offline missions.

Airstarts, or shortly after launch "warp" to chosen location, altitude, and heading.

I have a series of offline missions by Baumer that I do use regularly for gunnery practice.

Much much better than shooting at the drones, but still not as tough as shooting at people.