Author Topic: Flashing the BIOS  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: Flashing the BIOS
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2009, 09:16:41 AM »
I have the 3 1/2" floppy from when I flashed the BIOS originally just before I nuked the system. I think it is a boot disk, see the quote below for the instructions given me on how to make it. Maybe that will tell you if it is a boot disc or not. However when I stuck it in and let the system run for about 2 minutes there was no response.

Quote from: Yuku
- If you are using Windows 2000, you can make a DOS 7.0(win95) boot floppy by inserting a blank formatted floppy disk and your Windows 2000 installation CD and go to the folder [CD drive letter]:\VALUEADD\3RDPARTY\CA_ANTIV and run MAKEDISK.BAT
Afterwards, Delete the extra programs from the floppy. It is important that there are no memory mangers or any kind of CD drives etc. on the disk. To ensure this, delete everything on the floppy disk but these files:

command.com
io.sys
msdos.sys

(Tell Windows not to hide system files or files with "known extensions", so you can see all files on the floppy).
That means that except for the AMI Flash utility and the .ROM file, the following files are all that exist on the floppy:
command.com
io.sys
msdos.sys

Would that be a boot disc?

By the way, I got a response from ECS and they do not have any .ISO images available for the BIOS. They apparently won't make me one, either.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.