Author Topic: Land Grabbing  (Read 5352 times)

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
Re: Land Grabbing
« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2009, 02:24:05 PM »
many kids today have no idea of honor. It is just something they read in the history books.

They always seem surprised when you say something about their family being one way or another. They don't realize since we do not know their family, that they, by their actions, are all we have to base their family type on.

I've had video games in my life since I was practically born. I've had NES, SNES, N64, 3DO, PS1, and PS2. I've battled my friends in games like Madden and Golden Eye, and let me tell you those matches were grudge matches. We cuss at each other and call each other names, and rub it in when someone wins. At the end of the day my friends are my friends....we are still friends. That's the only style I know. That was the video game culture I grew up in.

So when people talk about honor in video games, I just laugh. When I compete in the sky it is super hard for me to be respectful to the enemy. When I lose a fight it is hard as hell for me to salute them. In game, I HATE the enemy. I try my hardest to accept the video game culture that most of you participate in, but it's really hard. Maybe I'll change, you never know.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 02:26:06 PM by TwentyFo »
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2009, 02:31:13 PM »
large volumes
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2009, 03:57:47 PM »
nb i know want your taking about. in midwar there's certain guys that use the same planes to do exactly what your describing. im to the point now i just ignore them and keep doing what im doing. and you know in a few minutes thats the next target to be attacked.and the funny thing is on tuesdays the people that do this dont show up. there's could be only 1 reason. i think because of TT a lot of LW guys show up .and by the way MW was a good time last nite

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2009, 04:33:07 PM »
I wanted to make a point in the spying thread that directly related to this topic...but it got locked so hate me now for posting here.

The battllecry thats yelled in response to why people have taken to the concept of winning the war as fast as possible is " we use the tools given to us by HTC and play within the parameters of the game". I take that as " HTC gives us the tools to form this huge #s missions so we are going to use them and use them to our advantage"
Great!! you guys have fun doing what your doing..I can respect that. I know you guys are very competitive its a part of the game that some like and some hate.

Now..whats there to stop me from using the same tools that HTC gives me and exploiting the same advantage that makes your "fun" well FUN?
My mouth would be watering on the day that I decide to up a tempest and stumble across a NOE mission with 30+ cons when I have the alt/speed advantage. (given Id probably auger).
Why on earth wouldnt I do it the easy way and have some dweeb in your country spot these missions for me so I can have FUN shooting you guys down?

Why? because even though I hate getting ganged by 20 niks/110s, I still have respect that its YOUR fun I dont want to ruin. Im not preaching that I want to ruin your fun. Im just stating an oppinion that this type play is in my mind excessive and wayyy overused and dominating the overall gameplay. Mix it up a bit guys. I was in LW blue last weekend and it was comical..3 bases at the same time got horded with the NOE attack..doesnt it get boring?
Joker..I know some of you guys had it out with some of our guys the other day..throw out any misconceptions that there is hard feelings amongst us. You guys put up a great fight and we respect that..its what makes the game fun :aok
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2009, 05:02:31 PM »
I never told anyone how to play the game.  It's just frustrating that in an aerial combat game in a given night in the MA you might find one good fight.  The only way to get a challenge anymore is to put yourself in situations where you are going to get ganged by dweebs and hopefully kill them all.  This is why so many vets leave the game.  I did get one good fight last night though: Was fighting an F4U in a K4 and the fight didn't dissolve into a sustained one and a half minute flat turn nor did is dissolve into him running to allies.  It was almost as if both pilots knew what they were doing and thought they could win the fight.  Of course, it was A8Grind (  :salute  ), who will never pass on a fight which probably has a lot to do with why he is a good stick.  They should really just change the front picture of HTC.com to a P51 dive bombing a fighter hangar from a suicidal angle since winning the war seems to be top priority nowadays.

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #140 on: January 28, 2009, 07:48:19 PM »
grizz441, Am I missing something here??? Sounds Like you would enjoy smaller 1X1 furball type action right? It seems Hitech has provided the structure for this type of fun in many ways ... While as I type this there maybe close to 400 in the large MA......However couldn't you find what you want in the Early war arena(14), Midwar (28),Axis verses Allies(4) or as some have said the dueling arena????(47)
<S>999000..and yes you are implying that we should play the game your way.

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #141 on: January 28, 2009, 07:49:27 PM »
Getback sorry been a bit busy ........ it would be an honor to fly with you Sir!
<S> 999000

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: January 28, 2009, 08:27:23 PM »
grizz441, Am I missing something here??? Sounds Like you would enjoy smaller 1X1 furball type action right? It seems Hitech has provided the structure for this type of fun in many ways ... While as I type this there maybe close to 400 in the large MA......However couldn't you find what you want in the Early war arena(14), Midwar (28),Axis verses Allies(4) or as some have said the dueling arena????(47)
<S>999000..and yes you are implying that we should play the game your way.

No, EW MW are worse than LW for landgrabbing believe it or not.  I am in the DA quite a bit.  AvA I need to check out more often.  As for MA game play, it is good fun some nights have it be a furball or GVing.  I never implied anything, play the game your way, whatever motivates you.  Just saying... :noid

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #143 on: January 28, 2009, 08:55:04 PM »
grizz441, Am I missing something here???
acm.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #144 on: January 28, 2009, 09:16:57 PM »
trying to explain the value of acm and the fun of actually furballing and/or fighting to some people is a moot point  :rofl
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #145 on: January 28, 2009, 09:19:34 PM »
I've had video games in my life since I was practically born. I've had NES, SNES, N64, 3DO, PS1, and PS2. I've battled my friends in games like Madden and Golden Eye, and let me tell you those matches were grudge matches. We cuss at each other and call each other names, and rub it in when someone wins. At the end of the day my friends are my friends....we are still friends. That's the only style I know. That was the video game culture I grew up in.

So when people talk about honor in video games, I just laugh. When I compete in the sky it is super hard for me to be respectful to the enemy. When I lose a fight it is hard as hell for me to salute them. In game, I HATE the enemy. I try my hardest to accept the video game culture that most of you participate in, but it's really hard. Maybe I'll change, you never know.
quite often, the way someone carrys themself in something like a game....any game, be it baseball, football, soccer, bowling, or these video games.........accurately reflects the real person.

you'll learn this someday when you grow up, since it sounds as if you don't get out much.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #146 on: January 28, 2009, 09:33:23 PM »
No, EW MW are worse than LW for landgrabbing believe it or not. 

Then you missed one tonite. MW. Baltic. 41,44 & 45 each held by different country. Marvelous fun for a couple of hours. Lots fought, killed, died and saluted (I tried not to whine too much :)). One of those "magic moment" things. :D

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: January 28, 2009, 09:39:37 PM »
Then you missed one tonite. MW. Baltic. 41,44 & 45 each held by different country. Marvelous fun for a couple of hours. Lots fought, killed, died and saluted (I tried not to whine too much :)). One of those "magic moment" things. :D

cc, I know MW has good fights sometimes. EW is rare though. Sea2 last night was awesome.

Offline Grind

• Copper Member
« Reply #148 on: January 28, 2009, 10:16:23 PM »
Thanks for the compliment Grizz.  :salute  Fights like that are very rare (the last one I was in like that was with Gixer a couple weeks ago and I had to PM him to set it up).  I actually switched to Knights last night to make that happen.  I saw in the roster that the muppets were Bish at that time and figured out by looking at the map and reading the chatter on 200 you guys were fighting the Knights.  So off I went.  My first sortie up was against you, I upped again and flew all the way to the Bish base only to find the FHs down.  Then it was off to the DA.... That was a lot of fun!

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #149 on: January 29, 2009, 01:32:35 AM »
quite often, the way someone carrys themself in something like a game....any game, be it baseball, football, soccer, bowling, or these video games.........accurately reflects the real person.

you'll learn this someday when you grow up, since it sounds as if you don't get out much.
Relax Cap, If you have been around Twentyfo, you can realize what his personality. He gives quit a bit of humor to what is sometimes a bit of an uptight enviroment. His head would of been on the chopping block a long time ago with the squad when he has this habbit of finding the most obnoxious squeaker in the game..invites him to our vox...and leaves to go to work. You wanna kill him..but I promise you will always laugh about it later.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz