Author Topic: Global Warming :D  (Read 2928 times)

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
Re: Global Warming :D
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2009, 01:37:20 PM »
Well I think I started a fight not a discussion.

We could argue that you knew what you were getting into... :rolleyes:
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2009, 03:36:14 AM »
We are also in a solar minimum, at the start of solar cycle 24. (apparently, the sun can't make up its' mind, as evidenced by a Cycle 23 spot that formed a few days ago for about 6 hours.)  Solar output is currently at about the lowest it has been measured.
The solar cycle is about as accurate as a woman's period. This is not clockwork. Now that I think about it, if the sun is "late" maybe it is about to give birth to a new planet?

By the way, no one claims that the solar radiative output is what affects the climate - there are some suggestions that it is the solar wind which is launched from the solar upper atmosphere (the corona). This is considerably increased during high solar magnetic activity and have a very complicated effects on the earth, the cosmic radiation flux and in particular, the formation of clouds.

And, yet, this past summer the arctic still was almost ice free.  Antarctic ice shelves are collapsing..... at a solar MINIMUM.  It doesn't take rocket science or a PhD to figure out things are screwy.
To me it says that our model are the screwy thing. I wouldn't want to act based on these things. There have been absolutely crazy suggestions to partially eclipse the sun by orbit "blankets" or filling out upper utmosphere with crap to increase the earth's albedo - talking about polluting our planet...
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2009, 04:07:43 AM »
Well, clockwork or not...:

It ticks roughly on a stable course just like a healthy woman...or a cow:D
And from a cow's ovulation cycle one can predict pretty much well about the next one...with in a reasonable margin of error. (Normal 21 days, but can go from 18 to 24). So, one learns about it and masters the art of prediction:
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline pallero

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2009, 02:29:07 PM »
The solar cycle is about as accurate as a woman's period.

A bun in the oven?  *click*

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2009, 11:44:32 AM »
Just wait till it pops out :D
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Animl

• Copper Member
      • Animal Tactics
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2009, 01:21:06 PM »
global warming is a political ploy - you can't discuss it properly without bringing up political agendas..

thought political discussions were banned?

Global Warming in a scientific fact. If you're listening to a politician talk cons about it, then that's your first mistake. If I want to know about Taxes I'll ask a politician, if I want to know about science I'll ask a scientist.

Animl
Animl (from the ashes of Air Warrior nation) http://home.comcast.net/~animl/

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2009, 01:35:08 PM »
Global Warming in a scientific fact. If you're listening to a politician talk cons about it, then that's your first mistake. If I want to know about Taxes I'll ask a politician, if I want to know about science I'll ask a scientist.

The problem is that politicians define politicians as 'scientists' because they study 'political science.' Political thinking at work for you...

Oops, Rule #14.  :(
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2009, 05:34:57 AM »
LOL like the end of the world Nostradamus shows the History Channel put on every week..... Not fictional????

Seriously...  Read more.  Talk less.

What that show was probably talking about is the recession of other GALAXIES away from our own.  

Most of the other galaxies are accelerating away from each other..Except for the Andromeda Galaxy,which is on a direct collision course with earth.3 billion years from now our galaxy goes poof.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2009, 06:45:12 AM »
Maybe not collisions, but lots of interesting stuff.
Anyway, isn't that close to the time when our sun goes poof?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2009, 01:00:35 PM »
Actually most galaxies are holding relative position but the space in between the galaxies is expanding. Just think of it as the universe being a huge body hosting the galaxies and the space in between is growing with the host (and spontaneously creating dark matter).
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2009, 02:57:03 AM »
Actually most galaxies are holding relative position but the space in between the galaxies is expanding. Just think of it as the universe being a huge body hosting the galaxies and the space in between is growing with the host (and spontaneously creating dark matter).
Quote from: SirLoin
Most of the other galaxies are accelerating away from each other..Except for the Andromeda Galaxy,which is on a direct collision course with earth.3 billion years from now our galaxy goes poof.

It is a little more complicated than that. Most galaxies are falling into their local groups which is actual movement through space. Andromeda and the Milky-way are falling toward each other, as well as a few other small satellite galaxies around us. This bunch in turn falls toward our local group. This is the scaling of structure in the universe. Close galaxies eventually merge, not destroyed. This is a fairly "violent" event, but the stars do not collide, or destroyed, the environment will endanger life though. Actually, mergers usually lead to a renewed episode of rapid star formation.

The Hubble expansion is space being stretched that you described. Take a piece of stretching material and draw a few points on it - then stretch it. The distance between the points increase even though the ink spots cannot move on the sheet. If you put ants instead of ink, the ants will walk about while you stretch and this is the superposition of the two "speeds".

The nature of a stretch is that the farther a way a point is from you, the faster it will move away from you - the distance it gains is the sums of all the stretches between you and all the other points along the way. This means that the cosmological expansion dominates over large distances and essentially all distant galaxies move away from us. For nearby galaxies, the "falling" speed will dominate over the stretch and we may see them even coming toward us.

What is created in the added space is dark "energy", not dark matter. While dark energy tries to make the universe "shrink" (attracts by gravity just like normal matter), dark energy is the equivalent of "pressure" that makes the universe expand. The nature is this energy is completely unknown. The space density of the energy (the pressure) is taken to be constant for lack of better information - this is referred to as "Einstein's cosmological constant" if you heard the term.

Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2009, 03:36:41 AM »
All makes our GW look so...tiny  :devil

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2009, 07:23:33 AM »

Animl

with over 90% of the US at 32 degrees or below yesterday  - I think "global warming" now called "climate change" is the least of our worries.
restrictions need to be lifted now and worried about when companies stop laying off 10's of 1000's of people a month.
It is now as it has been a political ploy to push an agenda more than an actual concern.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2009, 09:18:26 AM »
There is only one cure for MAN made global warming, climate change, whatever it's being called today, and that cure is to get rid of at least HALF the worlds HUMAN population. If MAN is the problem then lets get rid of half the oxygen wasters on the planet. I vote for ALL of those who think man is the problem. Want to save the world from the damages that MAN causes, go kill your self and contribute. Otherwise STFU and stop telling me how I need to change my ways to "prevent" the end of the world acourding to your dumb ideas.

Have a nice green day, yeah right. :furious
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2009, 11:07:10 AM »
That makes the US a good target, since each member there is 10 times more of a consumer compared to....a chinaman.
Seriously, if we want to pollute less, use less energy, and keep earth's resources for some time longer, we have plenty of opportunity.