Author Topic: Plane you fear most?  (Read 6172 times)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Re: Plane you fear most?
« Reply #165 on: June 15, 2009, 12:32:06 AM »
Just watch out for the ace who sprays a wild ho shot and misses from D2000 only to trick you and destroy you before you realise it is not a 2 week zipcode.

*WARNING* to all players: If you do this, you may have fun winning at AHII now, but you *will* got to Hell later.  :devil They'll marinate and fry you on the same level with all the cannibal serial murderers and that guy who keeps producing Ben Stiller movies.... :noid
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 12:35:39 AM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: June 15, 2009, 12:42:58 AM »
I fear the picker! :aok

Amen...  Most of them fly P51s or Typhies...  Throw in an occaisional 190, well maybe a bit more then occaisional... 

Basically anyone who won't fight unless they have at least 5k in alt advantage.

I actually much prefer anything that comes in for a relatively co-alt merge.  Even a Spixteen will usually go for a couple of turns before he tries to run.  It's the wildly popular hi alt Pony horde, which is waaay too common, that I fear.  It usually results in me moving to a different area of the map to look for someone who actually wants to try and fight, instead of someone whose idea of fun is attempting to shoot the proverbial fish in a barrel and padding their score.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 01:38:55 AM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: June 15, 2009, 01:03:17 AM »
It's the wildly popular hi alt Pony horde, which is waaay too common, that I fear. 

Us pony drivers are so typecast. 
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: June 15, 2009, 01:19:38 AM »

Us pony drivers are so typecast. 

You know...  I have run across a few Pony drivers who are interested in fighting.  Very few.

The vast majority fall into the one pass haul buttocks category.

Steve, my apologies if you get lumped into the group that flies your ride in the snooze mode...

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: June 15, 2009, 01:27:26 AM »
You know...  I have run across a few Pony drivers who are interested in fighting.  Very few.

The vast majority fall into the one pass haul buttocks category.

Steve, my apologies if you get lumped into the group that flies your ride in the snooze mode...

Aww I don't mind...you are right about them, with some few exceptions.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2009, 01:37:18 AM »
Aww I don't mind...you are right about them, with some few exceptions.

I always enjoy the exceptions...  Unfortunately they ARE exceptions to the rule...  The normal are the bore tards, as I like to call them. 

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2009, 01:53:17 AM »
well my new plane I fear/hate!

the damn Typhoon/ temp pilot, Flys in with 5k alt advantage, dives, shoots and runs away, turns around and repeat
JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2009, 05:44:15 AM »

I think "slyguy" and "skytiger" are one and the same.
[/quote]

Sounds very plausible :lol
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2009, 07:26:41 AM »
i fear no plane because:

its the man, not the machine

<S>

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #174 on: June 15, 2009, 09:55:58 AM »
I don't know about Fear, but I think the KI84 is the hardest to fight against.
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #175 on: June 15, 2009, 10:04:28 AM »

OlDemon in that 51 of his. No matter what I'm in, he will be behind me and shooting me down in no time!  :(

Oh, and don't kid yourself...Fear the peeelot!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 10:15:58 AM by Twizzty »

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #176 on: June 15, 2009, 11:16:18 AM »
Subject pretty much sums it up, which plane do you have the most trouble fighting? Mine is the KI84, I have a heck of a time shaking them, Seem to dive fairly well, they turn on a dime, and climb forever. Absolutely hate finding one of them 1v1.

any one of them in the set, if they're flown by a skilled pilot. an excellent pile-it can take an ew plane, and in most cases easily take on a poor, or average pile-it in just about any plane of his choice.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #177 on: June 15, 2009, 12:31:02 PM »
I think people who stick to 1 particular type of fighting are the least to fear, they fly planes that are REALLY REALLY good at 1 thing..  speed, turning, or guns.. etc

and what kills them is the mentality that they go into the fight with..  "im in a good turn fighter, so thats what im going to do, turn fight"  they have no other game plan beyond that, so if you refuse to fight their fight, they are lost..

the people (in the plane) to fear the most are the people who fly the fight, not the plane.  they go into the fight with a game plan too, to kill you, and they know numerous ways to do this. With people like these there is no "your fight" or "their fight" just THE fight.

these people seem to gravitate more towards aircraft that have no 1 magic power, but that are useful all around, decent speed, turning, useful guns...   they don't need 1 overwhelming superpower to be effective, they know what they can do, and what you CANNOT do, and will move forward along those lines until you are dead.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #178 on: June 15, 2009, 12:33:31 PM »
I think people who stick to 1 particular type of fighting are the least to fear, they fly planes that are REALLY REALLY good at 1 thing..  speed, turning, or guns.. etc

and what kills them is the mentality that they go into the fight with..  "im in a good turn fighter, so thats what im going to do, turn fight"  they have no other game plan beyond that, so if you refuse to fight their fight, they are lost..

the people (in the plane) to fear the most are the people who fly the fight, not the plane.  they go into the fight with a game plan too, to kill you, and they know numerous ways to do this. With people like these there is no "your fight" or "their fight" just THE fight.

these people seem to gravitate more towards aircraft that have no 1 magic power, but that are useful all around, decent speed, turning, useful guns...   they don't need 1 overwhelming superpower to be effective, they know what they can do, and what you CANNOT do, and will move forward along those lines until you are dead.

:aok :aok :aok

One of the best posts I seen in a long time 
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #179 on: June 15, 2009, 01:16:28 PM »
I fly the BF 109-K4 and I like it because it is a picture of many colors to say, I haven't found a real weakness except for my skill's. But it still does things that surprise me and I have to log to watch the film to see just how I did it. And I'm just now starting to realize some of it's potential's, I have heard it wasn't a TnB but at time's I have surprised spits (and myself :O). It pull's E out of no where, it has great rudder control (got me out of a pickle more than once), "One Shot One Kill" enough said about that, and it comes from under enemy planes and just flat out climb's them. I have been playing for about 3 years now and it is the only plane that I have flown that I can't wait to log on and hunt for a fight in, I have so much confidence in it. I'm not intimidated by other planes in the game because I know I have a chance and if I can time my lead turn right on the merge the fight is all but over ( not always, but that's how I feel when flying the K4). And if anything, I get killed more now because I  think my little 109 is top dog and its capable of anything, than me second guessing myself and making all the wrong moves. I don't want to sound arrogant and that's not what I'm trying insinuate, I just found a ride in the game that fits me like a glove, so I can honestly say I don't fear any other plane in the game no matter who the driver is.  :salute   
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher