Author Topic: Wing Option for squad's  (Read 7457 times)

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
Re: Wing Option for squad's
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 01:34:30 PM »
Are all the members active or do many get recruited and no longer fly?
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 02:18:56 PM »
I don't think all those wings are fully manned and online at the same time stroker.  The most i've seen was claim jumpers filling over a page on the roster.   To get that many guys you would have to spam recruit and take anybody regardless of skill.

The Few will only ever have 32 players because i'm a lazy C.O and we wouldn't be the few anymore  ;)

The most we have ever had online together has been about 12,  still when we do go after a base it will get done in a fair, well executed, skillful manner.  It's hard when you recruit a very niche type of player on an invite only basis.   Reputation alone has caused people to come to me.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 02:22:06 PM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »
I have to agree with Bruv.  I never see 12 members of the same squad on at anytime together.  Limit all you like.  The communication option is already there to join as many wings, countrymen, vulchers, pickers, toolshedders, or  :D skilled pilots as you want.  Now, for a squad like mine that never has more than 3 or 4 on at the same time, a new squad search command would assist in finding other similar small squadrons that we find in our respective time zones that are willing to help out (period) :salute

I find the paranoia in the forums a bit much. :noid

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 07:47:59 PM »
Christ are you blind the CLAIM JUMPERS do recruit anyone who steps foot on Aces High and the horde bases. 1 CLAIM JUMPER Finds an enmy CV= 50 more come and auger into it trying to take it down.
Strokes

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 08:10:03 PM »
I have to agree with Bruv.  I never see 12 members of the same squad on at anytime together.  Limit all you like.  The communication option is already there to join as many wings, countrymen, vulchers, pickers, toolshedders, or  :D skilled pilots as you want.  Now, for a squad like mine that never has more than 3 or 4 on at the same time, a new squad search command would assist in finding other similar small squadrons that we find in our respective time zones that are willing to help out (period) :salute

I find the paranoia in the forums a bit much. :noid
I've seen nearly 30 Bop's on at once, you aren't looking very hard
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 08:44:36 PM »
Hey BJ where in Va. do you live? 

Birds of Prey and Claim Jumpers, yup I have seen them around and never anywhere close even to 20.  So, let's be real.  You just named 2 squadrons, and without search options so that kind of proves my point.  It is the folks that don't fly prime time and the small squads that need it.  Evidently BOP and CJ's don't. :lol

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 10:56:21 PM »
I don't agree..  If you know who you're looking for, you can ".f" them..
Write up a list and put a little star next to the names you frequently hang out with while logged on..
Or you can enter any arena and find out who's on by looking at the roster...
If you want to have several wings in your squad, this is what you'll have to deal with as a consequence...
What you guys want is like extra hot fudge on a hot fudge sundae that already has extra hot fudge, extra whipped cream and extra nutts...

I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2009, 12:17:00 AM »
Hey BJ where in Va. do you live? 

Birds of Prey and Claim Jumpers, yup I have seen them around and never anywhere close even to 20.  So, let's be real.  You just named 2 squadrons, and without search options so that kind of proves my point.  It is the folks that don't fly prime time and the small squads that need it.  Evidently BOP and CJ's don't. :lol
Used to see 25+ Bops every mon or tues night, (whichever their squad(s) night is)---mind you, that's prime time est (I live near Roanoke). Before HT lowered boom on squad size/put in arena caps you could see 50 plane Bop missions (right up until they swarmed you;) Ya gotta catch such squads on squad night--Claim Jumpers are a squad(s) I've never noticed before, as they weren't rook until now. But the bigger thing is massive squads (be they 'wings', or one huge borg cube)---are an absolute buzz-kill for game play, and the biggest reason a lot of folks leave this game. The slight changes HT has made in this area would lead one to conclude he doesn't like it either....it becomes more like Quake High...then you choices become..FLY with a horde and be safe, or die futilely in a massive wail of ho's trying to fight one

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2009, 02:14:19 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 03:21:14 PM by Skuzzy »
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2009, 03:25:17 AM »
Well said (minus the name calling) :uhoh  I wouldn't take offense either for mentioning your squad for membership numbers.    :salute Having said that, whenever flying for Rooks, I would be honored to help out in any operation that doesn't involve me spending 2+ hours to capture a single base.

The "slight" changes that I have noticed, have promoted teamwork.  No more furball maps, so what's left to do but take bases?  How do you take bases?  ...... Horde?

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2009, 06:54:22 AM »
Mega squads   vvvvv

:lol
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 06:56:12 AM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2009, 06:58:42 AM »
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 07:00:50 AM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline dashed

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2009, 08:56:32 AM »
A lot of reading, so little info.

It seems a lot of people worry about large Squads, saying the "quality" of pilots is in some way harmed by the idea of mass recruiting?  If the large squads don't have quality, why complain?    It would seem to me that this situation would make life simpler for those that fly carefully and consider RTB to be a good term, rather than a weakness or "cowardice".

As far as communications, we have a lot of options.  I would like to see a Squad name search to locate by squadron name, and other options.  I know that in the Claim Jumpers we have a standard text and vox channel, but would like to see the "squad" channel allow all in squadron, not just the wing.  But, you must also remember that having more than about a dozen squad members on a channel causes a number of difficulties, mostly many different Ops going on at the same time, social chat by some while others are in a tight situation requiring coordination, and such.

Putting limits on Squad size can be circumvented, in any case.  People would simply build closed missions between "different" squadrons, or devise other systems.  As far as hoards, at least in the Claims Jumpers, even on squad nights we tend to have some on a main mission, some in small ops, and a number of roamers.  Although I don't fly a lot of primetime, when I do I am usually either roaming or working with other squad members on wingman tactics, communications systems, or general social runs that hit and run so as to allow watermelon chat more than fighting.

One of the reasons that I joined the Claim Jumpers is that Racdogg understood that I do roam, even to other countries when the numbers are too unbalanced, and I am here partially for the "skilled game", but also for fun.  I can't believe the whining that I hear about "unrealistic" play by people that die a dozen time a day, HO knowing they are simply rolling the dice, ram because "I'm low on fuel anyway", bomb and bail, etc.

This is a game, with all sorts, all skills, all reasons.  When we complain about how others view or play the game, it seems we lose track of a basic fact:  It is the number of people that fly here that allows for the game to exist, as it takes money to keep improving and just running this SIM.   IMNSVHO, this is the best simulation online, and may be for the foreseeable future.

Fly your way, do your thing, enjoy your time, and allow others the same.  I complain and squeak about things sometimes, but I always try to remember this is a game, and want all to be here next month.

Have fun all
Dashe

Offline skullman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2009, 09:24:35 AM »
all we are asking for is when going to lobby and doing an .sr search we would like to see ALL of our squadies. .I dont understand all the whining about the large squads.At most when I am on there arent alot on.When we do reach critical pig mass it is a just over slider size.I joined the pigs right after my 2 weeks were up and have stayed because of the friendship.I dont care about score or rank or OWNING someone.I am here for the fun and hanging around with my friends and having some fun.Like it was said before -mad skills an a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.
been there destroyed that

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2009, 09:35:46 AM »
This is an age-old argument....we'd sooner reach agreement on abortion, or artificial turf :rolleyes: