Author Topic: Should I Stay or Should I Go?  (Read 1623 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Should I Stay or Should I Go?
« on: February 05, 2009, 01:34:19 PM »
With all the recent posts about the "Bish Borg" missions and such and the fact that since I generally oppose that type of play I may be POing my own countrymen I've begun to seriously consider switching sides at least for a while for the first time ever after 8 years as a Bish.

Are Bish really that easy to kill?  Will my score go up?  Are the people in rookdale and nitland really that much better?  Are the sheep more friendly?  I really want to know... should I stay or should I go?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Should I Stay or Should I Go?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 01:35:59 PM »
I guess you missed the Knight Borg missions last night? Every country has easy kills but thats not where the fun is. Do you actually track score?  :huh
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 01:38:50 PM »
With all the recent posts about the "Bish Borg" missions and such and the fact that since I generally oppose that type of play I may be POing my own countrymen I've begun to seriously consider switching sides at least for a while for the first time ever after 8 years as a Bish.

Are Bish really that easy to kill?  Will my score go up?  Are the people in rookdale and nitland really that much better?  Are the sheep more friendly?  I really want to know... should I stay or should I go?

Well I don't think you have to struggle with some weird LOYALTY issues enough to post it here looking for some validation!!  ---> just,  GO  <  :aok

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 01:40:49 PM »
Join the dark si --- errrr knights  :aok 

I don't think game play would change that much, to be honest.   But we'd love having ya!  Besides, who else can move forward AND sideways at the same time?  (or backward, or any other direction...mwahaha!)  Cable pullers can't even make our awesome moves. 

Anyway, fly knight  :aok

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 01:44:27 PM »
Are Bish really that easy to kill? 

Yes.

Will my score go up?

Probably. Mine did ;)

Are the people in rookdale and nitland really that much better? 

You will discover: For every dolt senslessly spamming the country channel , there's an exact counterpart in Nit- & Rookland. It's like someone cloned them

Are the sheep more friendly?

Not as willing as Bish sheep   :uhoh

I really want to know... should I stay or should I go?

GO! You can only win... not by leaving Bish, but by getting around, flying together with other guys you have fought against countless times. Meet new people. Just get some thick skin for all the clueless "traitor! spy!" stuff

A final word: The only thing you should stay loyal to at all costs is the game and all the good people in it. Stay honest, do support the team you are on, don't take advantage of any knowledge after each switch... and you will see most players won't mind being shot down by you a few days later. Just squelch the rest
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 01:49:27 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 01:46:01 PM »
I have flown for about 3 1/2 yrs 3 of them exclusivly with the rooks. I switched just because the rooks where vulching the heck out of a field one night and had no intention of taking the base.

So I switched and upped to fight against the vulch horde. One of the funest night Ive had in a long time.

I like to fly the most disadvatage side when i get on. I just look who has the lowest numbers and switch to that side first. Then start to look for some good fights.  I just ignore the horde and look for a decent fight. There is always as horde on the country side you are on can't be helps its human nature Herd mentality.

I just can't learn anything or get better by vulching fields for no reason. Once in awhile i will fly cap if they are trying to take base. Within reason.

I have had more good fights switching country and flown with some great guys. It has been lots of fun.

So I say GO.

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 01:46:57 PM »
if you have to question the fact of the staying, then you should go!

knights are always the underdog so we always have a bunch more targets to shoot at  :lol
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 01:48:27 PM »
Just remember, spies will be shot!
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 01:49:00 PM »
Come on over to the Rooks Baldy. We don't have the massive squads and someone is always willing to give you a check. I wish I could get that those Sick Puppy dweebs to come over once in a while. I do miss them. :)
Lighten up Francis

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 02:04:14 PM »
Only you can discover if you will have more fun as a knight or a rook.
Since it costs you nothing, give it a shot.

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 02:11:02 PM »
Just remember, spies will be shot!

Reactioinst Counter-revolutionary mentality there Stodd.

Come on over to the Rooks Baldy. We don't have the massive squads and someone is always willing to give you a check. I wish I could get that those Sick Puppy dweebs to come over once in a while. I do miss them. :)

Also trye; plus you get to meet the ppl you were killing before and find out what nice folks they are to boot.

Fight Like a Girl

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 02:25:32 PM »
:) Good idea to switch! If you find that the dark side is horrible, you can always switch right back.  It's also a little bit fun to kill folks that you already know. :)
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 02:27:44 PM »
Eagle my squad and i suffered with this decision before, so we decided to try a tour and see what its like on the darkside :rofl so to speak!!. However after our tour we returned to bish and seen all the hordeing and running from a fight that was going on and collectively decided to switch back to rooks. Theres a great bunch of guys over here even though all countries suffer from some of the same ailments as the others we have yet to see a full blown 50+ horde mission and it was a welcome departure from the constant NOE horde nonsense we were used to seeing.The rooks have welcomed us with open arms and we feel that the mob contributes to the cause. We may not win every war but we sure enjoy playing the game more. :salute

However the decision is all youres my friend

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 02:29:05 PM »
You'll grow hooves and a tail. Don't even try.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 02:30:17 PM »
I'd switch before quitting. Other countries might have the same flying style as you, but with better wingmen etc. Even go on tour for 3 months. One with knight, one with rook, and back to Bish to see which one you like better.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com