Author Topic: 30mm damage  (Read 15775 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: 30mm damage
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2009, 05:18:07 PM »
Even if the answer is "We aren't sure but are looking into it" would be perfectly adequate imo.

Grizz: "Eh hitech? Wink, wink...nudge, nudge..." :pray
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2009, 05:41:41 PM »
:noid  :noid

I've been keeping an eye on this thread for awhile... I would like to see an awnser as well

Take the number of 30mm's that kill outright, one shot, or 20mm for that matter, and divide by the number that do not.  Then, don't worry about it so much.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2009, 05:50:04 PM »
Take the number of 30mm's that kill outright, one shot, or 20mm for that matter, and divide by the number that do not.  Then, don't worry about it so much.

wrongway

It'd be nice for the rules we play within to be defined.  I don't think anybody is worried...  :huh

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2009, 06:25:01 PM »
It'd be nice for the rules we play within to be defined.  I don't think anybody is worried...  :huh

Rules?

How about anomalies instead.  I would speculate that it is not programmed to happen that what looks like a hit isn't a hit.

It's another mystery of the internet vs. "It's Hitech's fault".

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2009, 06:26:53 PM »
I imagine that during the war there were a certain percantage of 30mm rounds which failed to explode on impact.  I figure that this is representative of the duds.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2009, 06:30:59 PM »
Tater Dud in Me262.  Wasn't a very 'clean' hit but a hit is a hit with 30mm.

http://www.dasmuppets.com/public/Grizz/Tater Dud Me262.ahf

It'd be nice if HiTech could respond in this thread and let us know if a) This is normal that 30mm's are not intended to insure death or b) There is a minor bug with damage model or c) something else.

Hi Grizz,

Watched your film a few times and I think the problem is that it was a 20mm hit. Though I could be mistaken... the explosion seemed more like a 20mm that a 30mm hit.
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2009, 06:31:01 PM »
Yeah it's possible that it's an internet thing.  An explanation is the best thing anyone who has posted films in this thread could ask for.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 06:35:43 PM by grizz441 »

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2009, 06:32:18 PM »
Hi Grizz,

Watched your film a few times and I think the problem is that it was a 20mm hit. Though I could be mistaken... the explosion seemed more like a 20mm that a 30mm hit.
The Me 262 doesn't carry 20mm cannons...
I imagine that during the war there were a certain percantage of 30mm rounds which failed to explode on impact.  I figure that this is representative of the duds.
We don't have reliability modeled on any system in the whole game. I don't see why 30mm cannon rounds would be any different...

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2009, 06:36:12 PM »
You're right... why I thought the loadout was like a TA-152 is due to my own ignorance. Okay, Grizz. That is definitely odd that your tater round was rendered completely useless. (I still say the explosion resembles a 20mm...)
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2009, 07:17:47 PM »
The Me 262 doesn't carry 20mm cannons...We don't have reliability modeled on any system in the whole game. I don't see why 30mm cannon rounds would be any different...

It's not modeled.  It just happens.  It's the internet's fault.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2009, 07:18:04 PM »
Rules?

How about anomalies instead.  I would speculate that it is not programmed to happen that what looks like a hit isn't a hit.

It's another mystery of the internet vs. "It's Hitech's fault".

wrongway

Is anyone applying blame or are we trying to figure out "the mystery"?

Consider that HTC has a bugs forum (this thread is linked to in there) encouraging players to come forward with evidence of problems. They take that evidence, examine, and determine if it's a problem that can be fixed. Read over the last few update logs. Reporting bugs helps the progression of the game. Ignoring it and pretending everything is fine, is stagnation and allows no growth. If this were an arcade game fine, but the powers that be have invested large amounts of time and money into making their product as accurate as possible while still balancing game play. This does not seem to be an issue of balancing though.

Consider the statements made by HTC on the effects of lag vs damage and how they contradict the "anomalies" in the films.

Consider we're seeking a solid answer and not speculation.
I really don't understand why examining what a large population of players consider a bug is bad.
-AoM-

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2009, 07:25:49 PM »
We don't have reliability modeled on any system in the whole game. I don't see why 30mm cannon rounds would be any different...

Well, I'm sure the Germans didn't "model" misfires and duds into their ammo either.  Things like that just kind of happened.  I also don't think this problem is limited to just 30mm ammo.  How many times have you lit somebody up with 20mm rounds and they didn't go dow?  Or maybe a good burst of 50 cal?  It just seems more obvious with the 30mm because you are so used to single hits being lethal.

I just shrug it off when it happens, not anything to get worked up about.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 07:33:08 PM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2009, 07:27:50 PM »
All speculation till HTC says otherwise.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2009, 07:33:00 PM »
My 30mm rounds never have this problem... :D

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2009, 09:58:00 AM »
He's a kid I believe AWwrgwy........ Maybe even almost at a highschool reading level.

It's not modeled.  It just happens.  It's the internet's fault.

wrongway
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.