Author Topic: Far east players  (Read 1161 times)

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
Far east players
« on: February 17, 2009, 01:11:07 PM »
Has HTC ever tryed to advertise to a bigger group of players?
I know when i played fighter ace we had a lot of players from Japan that made a big hord in the AM.
the sky was filled with tojo's and zero's.
I always see the add on the military channel late night and was just wondering if we ever had plans of broadening the playing field.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: Far east players
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 01:18:55 PM »
The only forners i know are in UK, Finnland, France, Swiss, Germany, Norway, and Central America.  I was wonding if there might be any Southeast Asia ppl on.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 01:25:45 PM »
Yancyan lives in japan, I believe nagoka if I remember correctly.  He always on our squad chn so I will ask him again.  Never heard him speak.  I know he understands engilish but I believe he can't speak it well.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 01:35:29 PM »
I love when the russian and brits are on channel yapping. Great for the emersion in chatter. <S>
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 01:46:59 PM »
I think Rolex is out yonder as well.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 02:31:13 PM »
Freezeman is in Israel.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 02:53:42 PM »
i believe we got some guys from Austria, Italy, Romania, and Aus.  How can i for get Aungus in Iceland
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 03:05:22 PM »
Blade, Wingzero and GTR all from J pan or close to those parts.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Heretic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 04:07:06 PM »
Taxi is from Guatemala

Pretty sure  Tan is from Japan.  He has sent text to me on range channel but does not use the  in game VOX.   I know of other guys from Japan but can't recall their in game names off the top of my head.

Are there other Asian countries represented here in the game?

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 04:12:17 PM »
I used to be so good at shooting those JP players down that usch mentioned,   I called it my in built lag aim,  you had to guess lead and warp to get anywhere  :P

whenever i get rubber bullets and finally nail em quick check of the roster always suggests they far east.   Funny thing is their connections are probably way better than mine its just ping time that lets them down,  pacific is pretty big by all accounts.

check out hthide, wing, sakae, busa, tan, etc.

I'm glad Htc player base is mainly american I love you guys.  You speaker de engrish too  :aok   i got bored of saying konichiwa and hi all m8s
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 04:14:27 PM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 04:28:45 PM »
Well i think that expanding to the far east would be beneficial because alot of countries are very in involved with computers and technology.

:aok
Strokes

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 05:20:00 PM »
Tan is in Korea. There are more Australians and Kiwis than Japanese players, even though Japan has at least 5 times more population. There are a variety of reasons for that, the biggest being that Japanese speak Japanese. How many of you could go to a Chinese game website and figure out how to get started, how to play, or even how to pay? Would you give your credit card number to a Chinese game company? Those are some of the hurdles that any company has to overcome. It's a similar feeling for people in non-English speaking countries.

Fighter Ace had many Japanese players because it was owned by a Japanese company at one time (I have no idea if it still is).

Bruv's rubber bullet problems are most likely Bruv's connection or computer. Japan infrastructure is rock solid -- probably the best on the planet. The latency from California to Texas is more than it is from my house in Japan all the way across the Pacific. We go directly into AT&T backbone once in the US, same as HTC. Aussies and Kiwis have much higher latency, and I don't have trouble shooting some of them down.  :D

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 06:29:54 PM »
I stayed in a Holiday Inn once, does that count?

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 08:03:46 AM »

Bruv's rubber bullet problems are most likely Bruv's connection or computer. Japan infrastructure is rock solid -- probably the best on the planet. The latency from California to Texas is more than it is from my house in Japan all the way across the Pacific. We go directly into AT&T backbone once in the US, same as HTC. Aussies and Kiwis have much higher latency, and I don't have trouble shooting some of them down.  :D

Coming from the UK I have the exact same problem as Bruv.  Busa for instance is a good fight but the lag I experience with him is a tad frustrating.  I filmed him a few time and watched him shoot when I'm out of his gun solution but he gets hits on me.   Conversely this doesn't happen with his squaddie KazWRF.
Would be interesting to know their location to each other and type of connection.
The same happens with Dantoo from Australia but not the others like lyric.  Not taking anything away from Dantoo....he's a good shot in those bombers but I don't see him firing untill after I'm getting pinged.  It's like he has a 1 to 2 second head start lol.

Untill my ISP was bought out by Virgin media my connection went the wrong way around the world.  Coventry, London, Paris then to Korea then over to the USA.  It's now to London then over to New York and across that way.  Surprisingly only 3 hops less.

Keeping with the OP....ish.  Perhaps now the pound is in the chitter HTC could consider UK advertising.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 08:31:05 AM by LYNX »

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 08:04:53 AM »
GTR, one of my all time favorite players, is a Far Eastener too.