Author Topic: Perceptions of fight quality  (Read 5185 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: Perceptions of fight quality
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2009, 03:41:10 PM »
perception is a funny thing...the base is in the lower left corner of your picture showing "all" those guys that were on just one...how many were just taking off and not actually involved with the one you speak of?  Was that one just the last remaining one from 4-5 that were there? I know the enemy base was to the right of your picture. 

If there had been 4-5 there, I probably would have jumped in.  You see me up higher because I didn't want to bother with one low bandit.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2009, 03:48:33 PM »
From my perspective, the best advance in gameplay since I've been a customer was chaining the bases.  I was very disappointed when that facet of MA architecture went away.  The best fights I have had are the most even--20v20 or 1v1.  Anything we do that focuses the fight is a catalyst, in my opinion, for better individual gameplay.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2009, 03:49:58 PM »
From my perspective, the best advance in gameplay since I've been a customer was chaining the bases.  I was very disappointed when that facet of MA architecture went away.  The best fights I have had are the most even--20v20 or 1v1.  Anything we do that focuses the fight is a catalyst, in my opinion, for better individual gameplay.
Get ready for the stoning...Stoney.
See Rule #4

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2009, 03:50:53 PM »
I asked for linked base capture to be brought back and got this response: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,258428.0.html
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2009, 04:00:05 PM »
Get ready for the stoning...Stoney.

:rofl

I'll continue to go on record that I thought it was a huge success.  Perhaps with a fair review, it would have been modified a bit, but overall, the concept is the most promising technique I can imagine to improve MA quality.  Others are free to disagree, but for 80% of them, their motivations are questionable.  It would be interesting that with (2) LW MA's now, HTC could set one arena for the free-for-all we have now, and one with chained bases, and we'll see how things actually compare; just an idea.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2009, 04:03:16 PM »
I agree 100%. Some of the best combat to be had was with that system.
See Rule #4

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2009, 04:08:05 PM »
  HTC could set one arena for the free-for-all we have now, and one with chained bases, and we'll see how things actually compare; just an idea.

That will separate the wheat from the chaff.   +1
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2009, 04:16:46 PM »
Make Orange the "chain linked" one. This way it will get a good test as EVERYONE knows ORG is the better arena  :noid

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2009, 04:28:03 PM »
:rofl

I'll continue to go on record that I thought it was a huge success.  Perhaps with a fair review, it would have been modified a bit, but overall, the concept is the most promising technique I can imagine to improve MA quality.  Others are free to disagree, but for 80% of them, their motivations are questionable.  It would be interesting that with (2) LW MA's now, HTC could set one arena for the free-for-all we have now, and one with chained bases, and we'll see how things actually compare; just an idea.

I think it will probably get the same response that EW and MW has received.

The boards were ablaze with firey retoric about separating the arenas.

That worked out well.

And even if you funneled people into an area to fight, you would find guys at 20k+ and on the ground avoiding fights the best they can.

I've said it before, most guys in this game just want kills, they don't wanna have to fight to get them.

Forcing them into a situation isn't going to change that type of thinking.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2009, 04:34:09 PM »
come to MW the fights are more personal and ther is far less gangbanging
I went there a couple weeks ago, you and pretty much your whole country were popping gv's near a base, when I got in a good fight with a nearby D9, you picked me with your dreaded A20. I went back to LW
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2009, 04:34:17 PM »
You know a third LW arena might not be a bad idea as long as it isnt even harder for our squad to get together. The squad is the thing I think.  :aok

:confused:
I remember when the arenas first got split up and all the opposition to it.
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2009, 04:41:27 PM »
I went there a couple weeks ago, you and pretty much your whole country were popping gv's near a base, when I got in a good fight with a nearby D9, you picked me with your dreaded A20. I went back to LW

You got into a fight with a D9 in Mid-War?!?!
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2009, 04:51:46 PM »
There are 4 now.

I said LW (late war).  :aok
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2009, 04:58:51 PM »
  um i dont hunt gv,s i dont even carry ord  :P

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2009, 05:37:11 PM »
5 friendlies ignoring 3-4 bandits just in icon range and barely 2k higher for the one lone guy 5k lower that was already engaged by 1-2 friendlies is not rare at all.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you