Author Topic: Oink !  (Read 9195 times)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Re: Oink !
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2009, 04:39:16 PM »

In terms of the DFC..i support its mission but not the tactics of SOME of its members....of course i recognize that a few vocal members do not fully represent their squad OR club...but the fact is they do represent when they are "wearing" their avatar or sig...they should take this into consideration or their other members should address it.

But for "the usual suspects" to again dogpile a thread and suggest that a squad break its traditions seems dictatorial to me...and I choose to take a stand against it. 

In all candor, do you even read what you type?  You are doing the exact same thing you've chosen "take a stand against;" all in one post.

Although an attempt is made to hide behind some sort of strange guise of nobility (the "salutes" are a nice touch), I think your post history, at this point, is transparent enough for most members to see that your opinions with respect to the squad or the club, neither of which started this thread, are based almost entirely upon a personal need for attention from those groups.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2009, 04:48:04 PM »
Mazz, you're full of it  :lol

But i must say, very eloquently written however stupid and false your point is.  :P
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2009, 05:09:24 PM »
Dont talk about something you dont know about, Mr. Idontplayaceshighnemore. I am pretty good about how I get my kills, they are never hos, i never jump into a fight without asking or being in it already, and the only time i pick is when someone is dumb enough to rope themself or when clearing a sqauddies six,  <finger> bipolar
Just keep digging.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2009, 05:14:48 PM »
In all candor, do you even read what you type?  You are doing the exact same thing you've chosen "take a stand against;" all in one post.

Although an attempt is made to hide behind some sort of strange guise of nobility (the "salutes" are a nice touch), I think your post history, at this point, is transparent enough for most members to see that your opinions with respect to the squad or the club, neither of which started this thread, are based almost entirely upon a personal need for attention from those groups.

:huh

It took me a few reads to try and understand what you were saying. Am i right in interpeting your post as saying the reason I posted was because I need attention from the Muppets or DFC???

If so then you are wrong.  I would be thrilled if their members behaved respectfully and didn't need to draw attention to themselves or create arbitrary rules they feel need to be enforced (such as not oinking...Bruv nailed it...whats next "no wtgs"?

I have friends in both groups and I communicate via PM/email with them.  I wish for both groups to tone down their rhetoric and bbs dogpiling anytime one person disagrees with one of their members.  It hurts their image and their cause.  

In terms of my use of the phrase " the usual suspects" there is a common group of individuals who emanate specifically from both above mentioned entities who seem to believe they "know what is right for the game/game play".  IN multiple posts now, they have attacked me, my squad, many other squads and (just like you are doing) instead of staying on topic, change the thread to issues with my post or squad simply because i choose to make an observation in a thread.  I'm a big boy...so be it :aok
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2009, 06:59:37 PM »
Mazz, you're full of it  :lol

But i must say, very eloquently written however stupid and false your point is.  :P
are you a fisherman that humping ankles?

hmmmm
seems that way
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2009, 07:22:07 PM »
This story was fake from the start.  The real reason the pigs are ranting on the muppets is that a couple of us said one time too many (not many required to strike a nerve) that they horde.

tanktown tonight is evident of that.... 15v1 odds and oinks all around when 2 landed in a spit16. good job!

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2009, 07:25:18 PM »
Dont talk about something you dont know about, Mr. Idontplayaceshighnemore. I am pretty good about how I get my kills, they are never hos, i never jump into a fight without asking or being in it already, and the only time i pick is when someone is dumb enough to rope themself or when clearing a sqauddies six,  <finger> bipolar
you arent even worth the time.
stay with the hordes and continue to be part of the down fall of this game  :aok

oh and thanks for the finger. that was very nice of you
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2009, 07:25:24 PM »
...whats next "no wtgs"?

Another nosensical attempt at a point  :rolleyes:

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2009, 07:35:50 PM »
All it comes down to is pigs oinking on squad channel out of their own kindness when enough people requested it. I did not notice how this whole mess started, so I am not casting any judgments as to the blame. All i know is that asking the POTW to oink in private politely has gone right out the window and it comes down to the classic human mistake of all time, nobody gives in till someone is obliterated.

:rock
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2009, 07:38:16 PM »
All it comes down to is pigs oinking on squad channel out of their own kindness when enough people requested it. I did not notice how this whole mess started, so I am not casting any judgments as to the blame. All i know is that asking the POTW to oink in private politely has gone right out the window and it comes down to the classic human mistake of all time, nobody gives in till someone is obliterated.

:rock

When I calmly pointed out in the arena when this was only going on for a couple months (eg. well over a year ago) that such things would be better on squad channel, I was effectively told to go to hell.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2009, 07:40:36 PM »
Fully appreciate that quote murdr, and your honour is not in question. You still cannot deny the validity of my last statement.

If that is the whole story then maybe it's down to you POTW to appologise to murdr and do the oinking less publicly?

come on, when does it all end if not?

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #146 on: March 08, 2009, 07:42:02 PM »
create arbitrary rules they feel need to be enforced (such as not oinking...Bruv nailed it...whats next "no wtgs"?
:lol
they have attacked me, my squad, many other squads and (just like you are doing) instead of staying on topic,
:rofl  That's what you do buddy.  I point out facts and argue them... you spin and dodge and hold people guilty with moral snobbism. The pigs are reaching for any and all excuses to spam the forum with anti muppet rants, from saying we ordered em not to oink, to oinking being justified by someone dying (nice respect of the dead there), etc. I just point out what I think is wrong, regardless of who says it.  Heck, in a previous thread you clearly said yourself that you support people based on how friendly they are to you, not whether they're right.  You took a factual conversation and spun it to mud slinging. In that thread and others before it.

Batfink - no one asked any apology or ceremonial anything.  Just that people stop spamming the channel.. The same way you'd ask someone to stop spamming channel 6. But then that's not what this whole fuss is about. It's about getting back at the guys who dare shoot everything and everyone down and call things like they see it (hording in the game, BS in the forum).  How dare they do such things? 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 07:53:36 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2009, 08:07:29 PM »
You still cannot deny the validity of my last statement.
Well, that's a tough one Bat.  (by the way, this is my observation in general, and not specifically about any person, squad, or topic) The most pleasent and reasoned statement as to why doing "X" might be better for AH overall, is more and more stopped dead in it's tracks by the "It's my fifteen buck" attitude.  And really, if that person is unwilling to acknowledge that some minimal level of courtesy is appropriate since they are in the sandbox with thousands of others with "their fifteen bucks", then all the arse kissing in the world is not going to change their obstinance.

In fact, IMO it seems more and more that people have to be beat over the head with a point in the developers own words, because they're just plain obstinate, or simply don't like the person stating the point.

If that is the whole story then maybe it's down to you POTW to appologise to murdr...

No interest in that.  Just stating the history.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 08:12:36 PM by Murdr »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: March 08, 2009, 08:13:12 PM »
 :salute murdr

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: March 08, 2009, 08:19:26 PM »
POTW has taken it one step further. some of them have begun to randomly oink. This seems to coincide with some muppets, including mine, first text on nit channel as we log in. Obviously some of themn aren't doing it for squad comraderie, but to inflame others.

The oinks don't bother me any, but several people in this thread have mentioned it is distracting and or/ irritating. POTW response to this:  do it more.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve