Author Topic: Oink !  (Read 9190 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Oink !
« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2009, 07:15:41 AM »
POTW has taken it one step further. some of them have begun to randomly oink. This seems to coincide with some muppets, including mine, first text on nit channel as we log in. Obviously some of themn aren't doing it for squad comraderie, but to inflame others.

The oinks don't bother me any, but several people in this thread have mentioned it is distracting and or/ irritating. POTW response to this:  do it more.
LOL funny Steve, I dont know if you know yet but I recently changed my name to Cassidy, I flew with you all the other knight on rook attacking where POTW had been attacking all night. You upped with about 4-5 other muppets (I think it was you , Scotch, SkyRock, and Dano i know it was him because he was stealing my kills :aok) and all the sudden the text buffer is purple with range channel text saying things like "oink" and something i thought was actual pretty funny when someone said "get out of our way we are here to kill POTW" which was followed by acouple of oink on range channel. Everyones throwing jabs at everyone sir why cant this just be alil trash talk to spark a fight :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2009, 07:29:35 AM »
You just don't get it.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2009, 07:38:53 AM »
You just don't get it.
Please tell me what I dont get :salute
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2009, 07:45:33 AM »
Good luck.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2009, 07:59:52 AM »
Good luck.
Now your really throwing me off, you still mad I called you a ho and picktard today on 200
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2009, 08:26:05 AM »
:lol  That's really the only possible explanation for my telling you good luck huh?.  Good luck..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2009, 08:44:51 AM »
:huh

It took me a few reads to try and understand what you were saying. Am i right in interpeting your post as saying the reason I posted was because I need attention from the Muppets or DFC???

Yup. 

You have correctly interpreted the theory advanced; your desire to post in threads even remotely applicable to your favorite squadron or club is driven by the lack of any reciprocal interest.

Much like the oink, it smacks of "LOOK AT ME!"

:salute

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: March 09, 2009, 09:06:49 AM »
Falcnwng....actually it does look that way... the way mazz is seeing it....I mean every post that has to do with muppets, even when we didnt start the post and even when the other poster is wrong..you seem to automatically stand to defend them....which leaves the impression that you just like talking to Muppets.  A squad completely spams country channel with selflatulations...Muppets chime in....and here you come running to jump in on the side of the spammers....what gives?   :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: March 09, 2009, 09:13:53 AM »
Honorary Oinking capability has been officially bestowed upon Falcnwng.  Salute Sir.  It is nice to see that there are some other like minded folks here.  Maybe there is hope for this game after all.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: March 09, 2009, 09:16:44 AM »
Well, that's a tough one Bat.  (by the way, this is my observation in general, and not specifically about any person, squad, or topic) The most pleasent and reasoned statement as to why doing "X" might be better for AH overall, is more and more stopped dead in it's tracks by the "It's my fifteen buck" attitude.  And really, if that person is unwilling to acknowledge that some minimal level of courtesy is appropriate since they are in the sandbox with thousands of others with "their fifteen bucks", then all the arse kissing in the world is not going to change their obstinance.

Spot on Murdr ... The sad part is that when a reasonable point has been made ... it only incites an immediate opposite response, just because they think that they are being "told" not to do something, rather than seeing that they are being "asked" not to do something ... a big difference.

This is why this game is going to the "slums" ... rather than listen to reason, the mantra is "let's just keep on doing it" or "let's do it more" because it bothers them and "griefing" seems to be the more popular attitude within AH these days and it's getting worse.

As I stated before, this whole "oinking" thing is small potatoes, but ironically, is has really exposed the ugly underbelly of what this game's community has turned into.

The "Squad" doctrine is slowing being replaced with a "Gang" doctrine IMHO.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 09:29:11 AM by SlapShot »
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #160 on: March 09, 2009, 09:23:18 AM »
As I stated before, this whole "oinking" thing is small potatoes, but ironically, is has really exposed the ugly underbelly of what this game has turned into.

I'm not so sure it's the game changing.  I'd tend to believe it's the "community".
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2009, 09:29:35 AM »
I'm not so sure it's the game changing.  I'd tend to believe it's the "community".

Your right ... I made the change.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: March 09, 2009, 09:29:54 AM »

As I stated before, this whole "oinking" thing is small potatoes, but ironically, is has really exposed the ugly underbelly of what this game has turned into.

I can't help agree with you.  However, it is the attitudes of a small vocal group of complainers who spend their time trying to influence how others participate in this community through crap talk and unsubstantiated claims that are ruining gameplay.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #163 on: March 09, 2009, 09:44:11 AM »
:lol Nevermind the facts that that vocal group only spoke up after a long while of putting up with degrading gameplay, or that that group doesn't force anyone to do anything but merely point out what doesn't make sense and what the reasonable alternatives are, that they don't crap talk unless talked crap to (and then only a few inside that small group), and that some guys like you yourself make unsubstantiated claims blaming the wrong people for what's ruining gameplay.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: March 09, 2009, 09:50:45 AM »
I can't help agree with you.  However, it is the attitudes of a small vocal group of complainers who spend their time trying to influence how others participate in this community through crap talk and unsubstantiated claims that are ruining gameplay.

Yes ... but because it is them, then whatever has been brought to the table will be summarily dismissed ... regardless if they might have a point or not ... hence the "gang" moniker.

I believe that I have made, along with others,  a reasonable case as to why the "oink" should be moved from country channel to squad channel and even tho I don't fly the DFC emblem within my sig, I too am a member of the DFC, and have been for quite some time ... does that now make my points concerning this null and void ?

Forget about what squad or what affiliation someone has ... listen to the "argument/point" that is being made and take it from there.
SlapShot - Blue Knights