Author Topic: A8Balls/Aces & 8's  (Read 3283 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Re: A8Balls/Aces & 8's
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2009, 12:34:33 AM »
You miss my tongue in cheek as well.  I've only met you maybe 5 times in the MA.  Each time you had, at the start of the fight; E, ALT and Buddies.  You choose to take my observation as you will. It is not indicative of my sentiment towards you as a person.  There is absolutely nothing about you which would make me feel small, bitter or jealous.  The fact you must get personal with me belies the truth of who is "small" in this conversation.

I look at it as you shaped the beginning of the engagement in your favor and carried it through.  You seem to think that I am degrading you.  Stop being so defensive.

It's a game.

were this an isolated incident, I'd take it as a friendly jab but you miss no opportunity to belittle me in a similar vein as your post in here about me.

Let me be clear, in case I already wasn't. I've no issue w/ the A8's, including my friend and your former squaddie, Tools.

I've said words to this effect before : if you guys take undefended bases.... so flipping what?  The real sin would be to kill the FH's, with no intent of taking the base,  where a group of 20-50 guys were having a blast in a big furball. From my own view, and that of other Muppets, a big dar bar popping up in some corner of the map is an opportunity for a fight.  For us, fight= fun.  Following this simple logic, A8's and RT give the people in the MA more opportunities to have fun.  Even if you guys are "hording" all one has to to is get in a plane and resist. Those who lament the horde, and disparage of the "mega" squads, are missing out on AH fun,   IMHO.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2009, 02:04:42 AM »
As someone who has fought along side the A8's in the past I respect all those guys and found there a great group of guys and don't blame any squad for tooting there on horn and boosting a little mural within there squad on there on web site.  :salute A8's
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2009, 03:21:32 AM »
  Its all marketing...every squad thinks theirs is the best :)

Yes but us in the claim jumpers dont "think" we KNOW that we are the best ;)
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline A8HatTrick

• Copper Member
      • YouTube
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2009, 04:07:44 AM »
You guys have a nice web site by the way.  :aok

I was reading your history on your main page and copied this quote:

"Within 2 months, the Aces & 8s had recorded a total of 3 consecutive map resets for the Rooks. A feat that has yet to be equaled by any other squad. Our final history has yet to be written."

Just curious, but I have to ask a question about this statement above.

How has it been determined that its a "feat that has yet to be equaled by any other squad"?

I know there has been several resets conducted back to back by not only Bish squads, but Knits also and most certainly more than 3 consecutive in a two month period by the same squad.

I am just curious to how you interpreted this statement.

At the time of the writing of that statement, it was understood by the writer to be the truth.  However, being that the writer, as well as his squad mates tend to have lives outside the game, we are unable to keep up with "current affairs" as to what another squad does on a tuesday at 3AM.

Its PR Man, its Recruitment, it was about an honest of a brag as could be written at the time of its conception. While we appreciate the compliment as to the rest of the page, I am not sure why you would bring your question here when we have a forum an contact information on our page. You could have easily gotten the answer straight from the horses mouth right there.

Instead, you brought it here, home to the twinks, flamers and lamers. You found what you believed to be a piece of kindeling, and threw it on the bonfire waiting to see the pretty sparks and flames....

Next time, find something else to focus on... like your homework.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 04:17:03 AM by A8HatTrick »
A8HatTrick flying WWII sims since 1992
Aces and 8's A8's http://a8s.us aka A8hatrik
-htrk- War Birds Beta .07 thru 2.1
-=Old Farts=- War Birds "Yo Frodo!"
No 308(Polish)Squadron RAF "City of Cracow"  "Yo fdski!"

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2009, 04:13:22 AM »
To think, I could of pulled my navel lint out instead of reading this thread.

Maybe next time!
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2009, 04:13:30 AM »
Whatever is on a squads page is there for a reason. Its their community within a community. If you take the time to post that one of your squaddies is the ubberest pile-it in the whole wide world on your squads page, then so be it, its their business.
 I see no sense in this thread unless you like the taste of rusty hooks and smell of stale bait.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline A8HatTrick

• Copper Member
      • YouTube
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2009, 04:19:10 AM »

Maybe next time!

ooooooooooo thats a good one ....  :uhoh  boy your two cents is made from really really shiney pennies....

Offline A8HatTrick

• Copper Member
      • YouTube
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2009, 04:22:05 AM »
By the way, if anyone would like to see the web page for themselves, as well as check out WB's memorial video.

http://a8s.us

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2009, 05:47:48 AM »
Speaking as a hair club for men member...., I find that squad mentality has more to do with my choice than 3 arena resets... and the A8's deffinatly have an altogether better mentality when it comes to teamwork than most squads i've been a member of.

A8Popycd.....
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2009, 08:47:40 AM »

Maybe next time!

I skipped to the last page.  Good enough for me.

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2009, 09:06:06 AM »
You guys have a nice web site by the way.  :aok

I was reading your history on your main page and copied this quote:

"Within 2 months, the Aces & 8s had recorded a total of 3 consecutive map resets for the Rooks. A feat that has yet to be equaled by any other squad. Our final history has yet to be written."

Just curious, but I have to ask a question about this statement above.

How has it been determined that its a "feat that has yet to be equaled by any other squad"?

I know there has been several resets conducted back to back by not only Bish squads, but Knits also and most certainly more than 3 consecutive in a two month period by the same squad.

I am just curious to how you interpreted this statement.

To start with, SALUTE To all.
To clear up something here about this statement and our squad, we do not "chest-thump" as alot of squads do. Granted, the statement made by A8Balls AT THE TIME was a true and correct statement, none the less. At the time of this "feat" as he put it, we ranked in the top 5 squads for that tour, I believe we ranked #2 to be exact.  This was a big deal for us seeing as how we had not even ranked to top 10 in tours past. The statement was directed at the LW arena squads, not arena jumpers or the EW and MW arena squads. At the time we as a squad had focused ALL of our efforts during that tour to base takes and had reset the maps by taking the majority of or a very large amount of the bases needed before a reset took place. The statement should NOT be misconstrued to think WE were the only Rooks defending bases, taking bases, or playing at the time. He was merely saying that due to our efforts as a squad, smashin' and grabbin' bases in an expedited fashion, we reset the maps for the Rooks 3 times in 1 tour. That's all that was meant. And it is a feat to go from a young, high ranked squad to top five in 1 tour.
Furthermore, The quote, "Within 2 months......", does not mean we had 3 resets in 2 months, it means within 2 months of the Aces and 8's being formed as a squad, we had 3 resets. To properly get the point of this statement, Dadsguns should have included the beginning of the quote as well,...
  "After spending the remainder of 2006 flying as a rag-tag team, the Aces & 8s was officially formed. Our Squad and noseart was registered with High Tech, while our ideas and beliefs were registered within our minds. Within 2 months, the Aces & 8s had recorded a total of 3 consecutive map resets for the Rooks. A feat that has yet to be equaled by any other squad. Our final history has yet to be written." I think this completed quote makes it a little clearer and helps to put it better into context.

Yes but us in the claim jumpers dont "think" we KNOW that we are the best ;)

NEVER has the Aces and 8's claimed to be the best squad around, nor was this statement made as a marketing ploy for recruitment. It was stated as a fact, at that time, as a squad achievement.

:salute To those who are/have flown with us and those who stand/stood beside us. You know how we roll.
To those who don't like us and try to bash us on these forums, sorry you feel that way and feel free to talk as much smack as you like, its good publicity for the A8's.  :aok

To Dadsguns,  :salute , I don't think you were trying to start anything with this post sir. If you were, I could care less. Everyone has a right to say what they want. If not, I hope I clarified the statements meaning for you.  :salute

SALUTE
A8Chewey
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2009, 03:37:00 PM »
I am not sure why you would bring your question here when we have a forum an contact information on our page. You could have easily gotten the answer straight from the horses mouth right there.

I thought my post was clear, I happened to look at another post that linked your site, was checking it out since we are in the process of creating our own, liked your set up and layout and complimented you on that.  When I saw that claim, it wasnt to bring any negative light to it, just to clarify.  You probably got more hits on your site in the last two days than you ever have by posting here. PR :lol

Instead, you brought it here, home to the twinks, flamers and lamers.
Do you really take any of these responses as being credible? I hope not, cause I dont.  I have control of my own children, not the ones that get on here when mommy aint around.
Part of the reason why I could not respond on your site is that I was on a Military computer which restricts many sites, I was able to read most but not respond via your site.

Next time, find something else to focus on... like your homework.
I am probably older than you, if not, than act like it and rise above it.  Dont ASSUME, it makes an arse out U and Me.

Chewey, thank you for your explanation, and yes it does clear it up.  :salute

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 03:46:25 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2009, 04:49:03 PM »
 :aok Rgr that Dadsguns. No problem. :salute

I believe that whole history write up is about 2 years old and needs to be updated. Thanks for checking our site out, not many people have that I'm aware of. We have a guest book and don't think anyone signs it if they do come to the site.

SALUTE Everyone. :salute The responses to this post have been both positive and negative and some just plain ignorant. :rofl
Nice to see that we the A8's have influenced you all in some way, either good or bad. I hope to see many more good and bad years with you all in AH. :aok

Reguards
A8Chewey

BTW ...Mellow out Hat. Take your frustrations out in-game bro, lol. :rofl
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline A8HatTrick

• Copper Member
      • YouTube
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2009, 05:03:25 PM »
I thought my post was clear, I happened to look at another post that linked your site, was checking it out since we are in the process of creating our own, liked your set up and layout and complimented you on that.  When I saw that claim, it wasnt to bring any negative light to it, just to clarify.  You probably got more hits on your site in the last two days than you ever have by posting here. PR :lol
Do you really take any of these responses as being credible? I hope not, cause I dont.  I have control of my own children, not the ones that get on here when mommy aint around.
Part of the reason why I could not respond on your site is that I was on a Military computer which restricts many sites, I was able to read most but not respond via your site.
I am probably older than you, if not, than act like it and rise above it.  Dont ASSUME, it makes an arse out U and Me.

Chewey, thank you for your explanation, and yes it does clear it up.  :salute

If you notice, it was 4 AM, had just woken up not only myself, but the baby in the room with me (5 week old) and my 40 year old arse was otw to work... at Langley AFB VA, where I am a SMSgt..... which equates to useless person who drinks coffee.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2009, 05:03:49 PM »
How could anybody possibly know if that quote is true or not?

How could anybody know if you are the only squad to do this?  (and "this" is somewhat vague)

Also, how can one single squad claim credit for a map reset?  What is the qualifier?

It was an A8 who's troops ran into the map room?  (see WM example @ the bottom of thread)

It was ONLY A8 squad members at the final field for those three resets?  (no other rook was with the A8's helping with that last field)

Which capture is the most important in a reset?  The first or the last?

What about the squad that captured 20+ bases on the way to the reset?  Is the squad that took that final base somehow more responsible for the reset vs. the sqaud that took far more bases, just not that final one?

How can you claim a reset in the first place.  A map reset is much more than just that final base imho.  The ONLY way you could "claim a reset" for a country would be if your squad were the only people participating in the reset or did the vast majority of the work in getting that reset.  i.e. you took all the bases w/o any help what so ever from any other Rook.  Considering that most resets take days to happen, that would be a very difficult/unreasonable claim to make.

I remember one base capture where the WidowMakers did basically everything.  We killed town/vh/nme gv's/ack, capped it etc.  Another player rolled an m3 and got troop to the maproom.  The only thing they did was run troops, the WM's did everything else.

Who's capture was it?
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit