Author Topic: A8Balls/Aces & 8's  (Read 3281 times)

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
Re: A8Balls/Aces & 8's
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2009, 08:21:45 AM »
:salute A8's

I apologize for any misconceptions and that surely was not my intent.  

The BBS is like going to a poker game at a Friends house with everyones kids playing in the living room, we all know they are there, but the focus is on the hand your gonna play, not the kids fighting over toys and attention.   :lol  
The sad thing is, some of the adults would rather enjoy playing with the kids at the Barbie station than playing cards...  :D

See you guys in the virtual blues  :salute

:salute DG, as far as I'm concerned, I don't feel you intentionally tried to start anything or bring negative light to us. But, like you stated above in your quote, the kids that should be seen and not heard at times, run in to aggravate the adults who are talking about adult issues. Then there are those so called adults who prefer Barbies over Brews and stogies and whine when at the kiddie table during dinner times, lol. Like I said in previous posts, negative publicity for us (the A8's) is publicity none the less. We obviously have been doing something right if people are trying to hijack an otherwise quiet post, just to bad mouth us. It all works in our favor Sir. :salute 

A8Chewey
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2009, 08:24:06 AM »
:salute DG, as far as I'm concerned, I don't feel you intentionally tried to start anything or bring negative light to us. But, like you stated above in your quote, the kids that should be seen and not heard at times, run in to aggravate the adults who are talking about adult issues. Then there are those so called adults who prefer Barbies over Brews and stogies and whine when at the kiddie table during dinner times, lol. Like I said in previous posts, negative publicity for us (the A8's) is publicity none the less. We obviously have been doing something right if people are trying to hijack an otherwise quiet post, just to bad mouth us. It all works in our favor Sir. :salute 

A8Chewey

:aok

adults who prefer Barbies over Brews :rofl  More beer for me....

:salute
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 08:26:28 AM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2009, 08:27:15 AM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2009, 08:30:24 AM »
1. Why would i want to move out? it's awesome!
2. Kirk. DUUUUUH!
3. Chicks dig me more when dressed as Lando Calrissian
4. I am a military genius, just ask the other kids in troop 417.
5. I wouldn't say Orca, more like Oprah.
6. I still don't have enough money to buy a hooker, let alone a rusty 1976 B-210.
7. No joke for that one. You're a bit hostile to say that.

I think the OP was trying to start a flame war. No other reason for this thread. Much ado about nothing anyway.

edit: FWIW, I don't recall running into A8s in an NOE raid, so you guys are OK by me. <S>

:rofl :rofl :rofl

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2009, 08:32:25 AM »
From one base taking squad to another <S>

It is on thier website, they can put what ever they want. Should see our website and fourms, somepeople might say the same for us.

<S> A8's

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2009, 09:31:57 AM »
One base taking squad to another?

::cough:: LAME ::cough::
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2009, 10:47:50 AM »
One base taking squad to another?

::cough:: LAME ::cough::

Ah Ummm,  base takers use furballers and furballers need base takers...can't we all get along?

EDIT: Oh, and hasn't this thread dragged out long enough?

Offline A8balls

• Copper Member
      • http://a8s.us
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2009, 11:11:56 AM »
Thank you Tool. Time to play!
Aces & 8s Since 2006

Offline bwaachuy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2009, 12:30:55 AM »
This is what makes the GAME fun -controversy. 

I'm not an A8 - so I have no ulterior motives.

Whenever these A8's have a squad night and whenever these guys have decided to take a base - they do just that - with "extreme predjudice".

The guy that got me into this game was an A8 (A8WB) and outside of this game, I knew him for 30 years. Watching him play this game with his squad is what motivated me to give it a go.

When I joined a squad (proudly an Excalibur - VFA 169) and we started to play Late War, rolling bases was no easy feat as I thought because it seemed at that time a8's rolled at will.   6 months ago, it seemed like whenever the A8's got on together and "imposed their will" - it was see ya bye now - Rooks win the map.

Lately - the bish and knits have been rolling maps -but it doesn't frustrate me at all - because what I perceive happened was bish and knits are gang banging against rooks first.  There's nothing wrong with that.  I respect a lot of guys that play exclusively Bish and Knits and got to know them (as the kill me all the time!).   

There are excellent squads: Bish and Knits - no argument.   I play exclusively rook myself. My pref. And if I have none of my own  squaddies on  atm, I'm going to go and find out where the A8s are - because that's where the action is. 

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2009, 08:29:08 AM »
Chest thumping on toolshedding...w00 w00, they are so cool.  Where do we sign up?   :rolleyes:
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2009, 12:01:05 PM »

I Peed in your thread!!!  YAYYYYY.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce