Author Topic: A8Balls/Aces & 8's  (Read 3280 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Re: A8Balls/Aces & 8's
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2009, 04:52:59 PM »
I respect equally both squads. They both provide numerous targets for me.  Thank you.   :salute
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline redwing7

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2009, 04:57:38 PM »
No, not BS. I sent you the PM and i won't be sharing it with anyone else.

I wrote what I wrote and maybe i shouldn't have. I'm not here to cause trouble.. ACK ACK is . He caught me at a good time and sucked me in   :angel:  :rofl

i have no problem with A8's or RV, except your both a pain to get off my 6.  :D

:salute
I think you all are taking this statement by A8Balls too seriously. It was not meant to belittle or talk down to anybody. It was posted for the squad as something to be proud of as in "cohesion and teamwork". I will be the first to admit that the A8's are a formidable squad on most occasions and know how to get er done. Now if A8Balls had purposefully made that remark, true or otherwise, on this forum then it could be construed as open season but he did not. Give the A8's, and the RT's, their due without the insults and play nice. <<S>> to both squads.

Carry On.

LTARogue

+1 Rougue  :salute
THUNDER MOB

"and when they bury me, may it be face down...so all my critics can kiss my ass!"  Bobby Knight

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2009, 05:54:10 PM »
a8's are at controversial bunch for me.

As for base taking, dunno what they are talking about.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2009, 05:55:25 PM »
The consensus is most are not concerned with farmers.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2009, 06:06:06 PM »
 :rofl

I was being nice and asked a simple question.....  look what I done gone and did....  :rofl

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2009, 06:48:36 PM »
you want a race to the finish. go into midwar and duke it out with the master of shed burning .the Playmates of the knights.

When I was still playing the 172nd guys were probably the biggest culprits of base taking.  In fact, at late nights you'll often see them as the only ones in the arena and they're capturing all the undefended bases, not to mention that the majority in that squadron are nothing but unskilled point mongers.  Just look at members like biggamer and you'll see a classic example of a point monger that can be seen late nights in an otherwise empty arena taking bases.  Hell, you'll even see the little tool brag on open channel after taking an undefended base. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2009, 06:54:49 PM »
I believe the early war boys have the reset record on many levels :rolleyes:
Lighten up Francis

Offline beau32

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2009, 08:09:30 PM »
Just like every other squad we have our own little accomplishments. Its not there to insult anyone. We worked hard for that accomplishmet. We enjoy going against every squad (my personal favorite is the LTAR's, <S>)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

"There is always a small microcosm of people who need to explain away their suckage."

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2009, 09:04:40 PM »
I,being the CO of Rolling Thunder will say that yes,we do go for undefended(QUIET) bases,just as many of the squads on AH do(ROOK,KNIGHT,BISHOP)..We cannot be held responsible if someone does not UP to knock it back,or if you do,you cant accomplish that goal..HUGE missions are used by every side every day.

Have I ordered my squad to leave when it turned into a 30 min furball,YES I have..Did I tell A8 that we take undefended(quiet) bases? yes I did..A8 says himself that their squad will go deep into territory to take bases,as MOST squads on AH do..

Sometimes it is a strategy to get the enemy to move from one area of contention into another,to spread out their forces,to keep them on the defensive..

There was a time,not so much now,that TAKING ANY BASE was my goal.Not so much anymore.Although I have no qualms about running missions into any base..Especially quiet ones which will help BISH to gain a foot-hold into a territory..

I do not see what the big deal is with taking bases with missions either in the middle of a fight or not..We have also taken bases(RT) by themselves and (BISH) while an area is HOT.

SO?? Does your opinion of me change if a base is taken while being defended or not?I could really care less.

I have learned watching this board for awhile now,that it does not matter how one gets anything they want to do accomplished,weather bombing a strat,bombing a field,a CV,porking,etc..etc..,as the "OTHER GUY" will always say."YOU DID NOT DO IT MY WAY SO YOU ARE SUB-PAR"...

This is a game to play as one wants to play within the parameters of the game...
 To have fun as one feels is fun to them..Do not try and impress anyone,do what YOU feel is worth $15 a month and HAVE FUN DOING IT...

Falcon23 :salute

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2009, 09:40:00 PM »
Well said. I totally agree. Now stop being such tards and sneaking undefended bases.  ;)
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2009, 11:01:10 PM »
I,being the CO of Rolling Thunder will say that yes,we do go for undefended(QUIET) bases,just as many of the squads on AH do(ROOK,KNIGHT,BISHOP)..We cannot be held responsible if someone does not UP to knock it back,or if you do,you cant accomplish that goal..HUGE missions are used by every side every day.

Have I ordered my squad to leave when it turned into a 30 min furball,YES I have..Did I tell A8 that we take undefended(quiet) bases? yes I did..A8 says himself that their squad will go deep into territory to take bases,as MOST squads on AH do..

Sometimes it is a strategy to get the enemy to move from one area of contention into another,to spread out their forces,to keep them on the defensive..

There was a time,not so much now,that TAKING ANY BASE was my goal.Not so much anymore.Although I have no qualms about running missions into any base..Especially quiet ones which will help BISH to gain a foot-hold into a territory..

I do not see what the big deal is with taking bases with missions either in the middle of a fight or not..We have also taken bases(RT) by themselves and (BISH) while an area is HOT.

SO?? Does your opinion of me change if a base is taken while being defended or not?I could really care less.

I have learned watching this board for awhile now,that it does not matter how one gets anything they want to do accomplished,weather bombing a strat,bombing a field,a CV,porking,etc..etc..,as the "OTHER GUY" will always say."YOU DID NOT DO IT MY WAY SO YOU ARE SUB-PAR"...

This is a game to play as one wants to play within the parameters of the game...
 To have fun as one feels is fun to them..Do not try and impress anyone,do what YOU feel is worth $15 a month and HAVE FUN DOING IT...

Falcon23 :salute

:rofl  yup I see folks living in boxes and under bridges that don't care what others think of them... so I know the type.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2009, 12:03:42 AM »
 :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 12:15:50 AM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2009, 12:16:05 AM »
You guys have a nice web site by the way.  :aok

I was reading your history on your main page and copied this quote:

"Within 2 months, the Aces & 8s had recorded a total of 3 consecutive map resets for the Rooks. A feat that has yet to be equaled by any other squad. Our final history has yet to be written."

Just curious, but I have to ask a question about this statement above.

How has it been determined that its a "feat that has yet to be equaled by any other squad"?

I know there has been several resets conducted back to back by not only Bish squads, but Knits also and most certainly more than 3 consecutive in a two month period by the same squad.

I am just curious to how you interpreted this statement.

Wow, I don't know if you're trying to congratulate a squad, insult them, or both. But regardless, I don't think it shoulda been on here
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2009, 12:16:51 AM »

Everyone is a Target, when EVERYONE is 9K underneath you.

Keep spreading the lies, jealous one. Perhaps you will even come to believe them yourself.  There are plenty who would vouch for me but you would not be swayed in the face of the truth.  You are a jealous, bitter, small person and you utterly missed my tongue in cheek humor. I hold no ill will toward either squad.  Why would I?
Your misguided dislike of me clouds your judgement. Any time you wish to go the the DA and learn about me, speak up. No doubt you'll spout the same excuses you always do.

My point is much like Falcon's:  we each pay our own way and are able to decide for ourselves what is fun. Some people claim that mega squads are ruining the game.  I disagree that mega squads are the reason for any degradation in game play.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2009, 12:23:03 AM »
Keep spreading the lies, jealous one. Perhaps you will even come to believe them yourself.  There are plenty who would vouch for me but you would not be swayed in the face of the truth.  You are a jealous, bitter, small person and you utterly missed my tongue in cheek humor. I hold no ill will toward either squad.  Why would I?
Your misguided dislike of me clouds your judgement. Any time you wish to go the the DA and learn about me, speak up. No doubt you'll spout the same excuses you always do.

My point is much like Falcon's:  we each pay our own way and are able to decide for ourselves what is fun. Some people claim that mega squads are ruining the game.  I disagree that mega squads are the reason for any degradation in game play.

You miss my tongue in cheek as well.  I've only met you maybe 5 times in the MA.  Each time you had, at the start of the fight; E, ALT and Buddies.  You choose to take my observation as you will. It is not indicative of my sentiment towards you as a person.  There is absolutely nothing about you which would make me feel small, bitter or jealous.  The fact you must personally attack me belies the truth of who is "small" in this conversation.

I look at it as you shaped the beginning of the engagement in your favor and carried it through.  You flew it smartly.  You seem to think that I am degrading you.  Stop being so defensive.

It's a game.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 12:27:45 AM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce