Author Topic: Who is the most American on AHII?  (Read 3962 times)

Offline angels10

• Zinc Member
Re: Who is the most American on AHII?
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2009, 07:43:12 AM »
  I would nominate either Unclkurt or Cptdell1 of the Claim Jumpers tune in any morning 114 and listen to Cptdell1 he is what America is all about. And most of you already know Unclkurt :salute

Angels10

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2009, 04:42:27 PM »
How American is American?

My first ancestor in America stepped foot on Virginia in 1610, as part of the Jamestown relief expedition.

Another ancestor served under Nathaniel Greene during the Revolution.

My great-great grandfather commanded the Bedford Light Artillery, Alexander's Battalion, Longstreet's Corps, Lee's Army of Northern Virginia.

My grandfather served with the 28th Infantry Division and was wounded in the Mouse-Argonne offensive.

My father served in the 307th Field Artillery, 78th Infantry Division. His brother served in the 1st Battalion, 309th of the 78th. The 78th saw extensive combat from December 1944 through the surrender.

I served in the U.S. Navy from June of 1975 through July of 1979, flying search and rescue out of GTMO (HU-16, US-2B, C-118, C-131), and then a flying crew chief on a C-1A. I did two Med cruises on Saratoga.

I'm married, raised a family, have worked very hard for the same aerospace company for 30 years. I drive a Jeep Wrangler, volunteer with the local civic association and coached Little League baseball.

All of that taken into account really means nothing.

I'm no more an American than the Indian immigrant who passed his citizen test and took his oath of citizenship two weeks ago. Being an American isn't about your ancestry, what you've done or who you are. Being an American is about loving this country, believing in what it stands for and being willing to work hard to make a life for you and your family. No pedigree is required.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2009, 05:58:33 PM »

I'm no more an American than the Indian immigrant who passed his citizen test and took his oath of citizenship two weeks ago. Being an American isn't about your ancestry, what you've done or who you are. Being an American is about loving this country, believing in what it stands for and being willing to work hard to make a life for you and your family. No pedigree is required.

good sum up
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2009, 11:25:26 PM »
I drive a Jeep Wrangler, volunteer with the local civic association and coached Little League baseball.

Caught you!  Everyone knows the Japanese own baseball!  :lol

<S> Widewing