Author Topic: muted for 10mins lol  (Read 3142 times)

Offline MrMeanie

• Nickel Member
muted for 10mins lol
« on: April 05, 2009, 08:26:37 AM »
for calling someone a tard Lmao the mods need to chill out dang,

and i got told to clam down rofl,,, my $15 a month so ifi want to call some one a tard my god im going to
71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: muted for 10mins lol
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 08:36:03 AM »
tard

what is one of those please explain*
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 08:49:16 AM »

and i got told to clam down rofl,,, my $15 a month so ifi want to call some one a tard my god im going to get muted

fixed.

Really want to call someone something safely?  Just say it out loud in the privacy of your home.  Gets it out of your system and you will only get muted by family members.

"Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time."

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 08:50:57 AM »
Say whatever you like on your side of the monitor.
But I really don't want to hear it.
If you can't treat people with a certain amount of respect and consideration you deserve whatever slings and arrows fall your way.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 08:52:07 AM »
This Post is nowhere.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 09:02:02 AM »
Then how about EVERYONE gets muted for the same words!

I've never been muted(because I'm grown up enough to not call people names) but the inconsistancy in the way the muting/mod system works is FUBAR.  Daily, I see people on 200 spew all kinds of crap much worse that "tard" with nothing done.  Finish computerizing the bad word list and get rid of these mods that aren't worth a crap 90% of the time anyway.  They are human, and prone to mistakes and favoritism, which they prove on a daily basis.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline MrMeanie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 09:15:53 AM »
so do i ranger see more crap 10x wrose then tard on 200. i think HTC shuld remove mods powers for all there mods and just do away with 200
71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 09:20:43 AM »
Its a game environment, not a place to mouth off. You want to mouth off, go to some bar and have at it some other idiot who wants to mouth off. Then the last one standing is the "King big mouth" Whoopee  :rolleyes:

SirLoin got muted twice last night. Both times for trying to get around the profanity filter. Had I been a mod he'd have to call Skuzzy Monday to get any chance of getting to chat on line again. There is no need of that stuff in the game.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 09:23:42 AM »

They are human, and prone to mistakes and favoritism, which they prove on a daily basis.

Amen Brother!
I always have something pompous to say I do no wrong look at me  :huh

wrongway

there fixed
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 09:24:31 AM »

I've never been muted(because I'm grown up enough to not call people names) but the inconsistancy in the way the muting/mod system works is FUBAR.  Daily, I see people on 200 spew all kinds of crap much worse that "tard" with nothing done.  Finish computerizing the bad word list and get rid of these mods that aren't worth a crap 90% of the time anyway.  They are human, and prone to mistakes and favoritism, which they prove on a daily basis.

First the automatic warning/muting system is fair to everyone...because it's automatic. But that's almost it's big disadvantage. Not much judgement. Unfortunately you really need human mods...

Second, mods aren't on all the time, so someone can just get "lucky". "But my friends didn't get caught, just me, so let me go, it's unfair!" is a bit silly imho ;)

Third, I'm pretty sure a frequent offender is on a much tighter leash. I can tell you from my TA work... a generally nice player that just happens to have a bad day or just lets something slip out one time will get a friendly heads up - A player well known for misbehaviour with a recod of warnings / mutings with me or other trainers may get muted/kicked for the slightest sign of getting into bad habits again.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 09:27:57 AM »
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 09:28:56 AM »

and i got told to clam down rofl,,, my $15 a month so ifi want to call some one a tard my god im going to

Your a Tard. 

:noid
Strokes

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 09:41:54 AM »
No need to communicate with anyone in such a way in this game.  I sincerely hope you will think twice next time before throwing out trash.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 09:52:48 AM »
Moral Statute Machine: "You are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute."

Moral Statute Machine: "Your repeated violation of the Verbal Morality Statute has caused me to notify the San Angeles Police Department. Please remain where you are for your reprimand."

John Spartan: [to machine on wall after finding out that they no longer use toilet paper] "Thanks a lot you *************************." [grabbing the tickets] "So much for the seashells. See you in a few minutes."

-Demolition Man.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 10:04:46 AM »
And complaining about it on the forums has Always been a good idea in the past  :rofl

You know the drill.

Send a complaint to support@hitechcreations.com

If you were wrongly muted, they will handle it, as many of you know they log everything in the chat buffer and know full well what really went on.  If you didn't know that, be careful drawing attention to yourself, who knows, they just might find out the rest of the story and feel 10 minutes wasn't nearly enough.

But, complaining about it here won't do you any good at all.

(Of the "never been muted crowd" who found an easy way to avoid the wrath of the mods.  Review prior to hitting that all powerful Enter key.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 10:06:19 AM by ROC »
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.