Author Topic: muted for 10mins lol  (Read 3147 times)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: muted for 10mins lol
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 10:34:17 AM »
Then how about EVERYONE gets muted for the same words!

I would guess that there may not be a mod on 24/7 or they are actually trying to enjoy playing the game instead of having to deal with the apparently increasing level of immaturity that seems to be springing up.

Some times things slip by.  Perhaps you would like 24 hour monitoring?  Welcome to AH2 daycare.  It shouldn't be necessary.

But hey, what do I know.  I do no wrong.     :cool:  Ask anybody.

:P

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 10:42:16 AM »
:cry :cry. The bad man muted meh for 30seconds!! REMOVE CH 200 BECAUSE I CANT CONTROL MYSELF NOWZ!
  :rofl

I see people say tard all the time, ive called people that before, never got muted for it though.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009, 10:43:17 AM »
Its a game environment, not a place to mouth off. You want to mouth off, go to some bar and have at it some other idiot who wants to mouth off. Then the last one standing is the "King big mouth" Whoopee  :rolleyes:

SirLoin got muted twice last night. Both times for trying to get around the profanity filter. Had I been a mod he'd have to call Skuzzy Monday to get any chance of getting to chat on line again. There is no need of that stuff in the game.

Now there's some common sense talking Fug!   :aok  :rock
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009, 10:43:46 AM »
10 min mute? You got off lucky...I got a week mute for calling someone a tard.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2009, 10:46:01 AM »
First, grown ups don't need to call each other names in a video game.

Second, if we have to have human mods that want that responsibility, then they shouldn't be so worried about "enjoying the game" and do their job.

Third, the language filter needs a major update with many more words & names added, helping to eliminate the need for human mods, so they can enjoy the game.

I'm not defending the OP.  Like I said, I've never been muted because I think calling names is juvenile as hell.  If he called someone a "tard" fine, 10 minute mute.  Fair enough.  But I'll bet my first born that 300 other people today in-game will be called a "tard" with no consequence.  That's my point.  Human mods are going to go easier on squaddies/friends then they will on someone they don't like, because it is a human thing to do.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2009, 12:29:52 PM »
From my experience reviewing complaints related to the TA, the so called "victim" almost never tells the whole story.

I bet spikes was never "muted" for saying tard.  Instead, he was "chat suspended" by the dot report tool which has nothing to do with muting or moderators.

Just like the DaveyJ incident awhile ago where HiTech pulled and posted what he found in the chat logs, I bet there is more to the story than what the OP posted.  It is actualy reasonable to assume that is the case with every single thread of this type on the BBS.  After all, just starting the thread is against the forum rules, so it's a bit silly to give the OP the benefit of the doubt that they were innocent in the arenas, when their next step is to come here and break the forum rules.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 12:35:07 PM by Murdr »

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2009, 12:40:43 PM »
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2009, 12:47:54 PM »

Nope.  Other than the well known inappropriate words, it's the context, not the word that causes the problem.  Calling someone Dick might be appropriate if that persons first name is Richard as an example.  I've taken action in the TA enough times, not on a specific bad word, but because the comment as a whole was entirely inappropriate.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2009, 01:25:13 PM »
From my experience reviewing complaints related to the TA, the so called "victim" almost never tells the whole story.

Yes, someone else understands.   :aok
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2009, 02:51:28 PM »
in
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2009, 02:55:51 PM »

I've never been muted(because I'm grown up enough to not call people names) but the inconsistancy in the way the muting/mod system works is FUBAR.  Daily, I see people on 200 spew all kinds of crap much worse that "tard" with nothing done.  Finish computerizing the bad word list and get rid of these mods that aren't worth a crap 90% of the time anyway.  They are human, and prone to mistakes and favoritism, which they prove on a daily basis.
very true +1
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2009, 03:42:02 PM »

I bet spikes was never "muted" for saying tard.  Instead, he was "chat suspended" by the dot report tool which has nothing to do with muting or moderators.

Just like the DaveyJ incident awhile ago where HiTech pulled and posted what he found in the chat logs, I bet there is more to the story than what the OP posted.  It is actualy reasonable to assume that is the case with every single thread of this type on the BBS.  After all, just starting the thread is against the forum rules, so it's a bit silly to give the OP the benefit of the doubt that they were innocent in the arenas, when their next step is to come here and break the forum rules.

So it might have been one of the mega squads that all .reported me for no apparent reason? Usually I don't EVER say anything unless they dilligently ram me. I barely even say anything if someone HO's me.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2009, 03:49:45 PM »
So if it's the mods or HTC's fault, how is it so many of us never get warned or muted for anything?  I would guess I'm as talkative as most on 200.

Last I checked, what I type is my responsibilty.  I'm perfectly capable of drawing the line for myself and not needing a babysitter.  If I don't push the limits I don't need to worry about someone else needing to watch my words.

If you don't want to get muted, then be careful what you type.  It's just not that tough.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2009, 04:37:39 PM »
Its a game environment, not a place to mouth off. You want to mouth off, go to some bar and have at it some other idiot who wants to mouth off. Then the last one standing is the "King big mouth" Whoopee  :rolleyes:

SirLoin got muted twice last night. Both times for trying to get around the profanity filter. Had I been a mod he'd have to call Skuzzy Monday to get any chance of getting to chat on line again. There is no need of that stuff in the game.

+1

I agree entirely.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2009, 04:39:15 PM »
for calling someone a tard Lmao the mods need to chill out dang,

and i got told to clam down rofl,,, my $15 a month so ifi want to call some one a tard my god im going to

Wow, these are folks who need to be Banned and clean this game up.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC