Author Topic: muted for 10mins lol  (Read 3145 times)

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
Re: muted for 10mins lol
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2009, 04:41:20 PM »
So if it's the mods or HTC's fault, how is it so many of us never get warned or muted for anything?  I would guess I'm as talkative as most on 200.

Last I checked, what I type is my responsibility.  I'm perfectly capable of drawing the line for myself and not needing a babysitter.  If I don't push the limits I don't need to worry about someone else needing to watch my words.

If you don't want to get muted, then be careful what you type.  It's just not that tough.

Guppy, you're trying to reason with someone who doesn't understand why he/she got muted. This could become very dangerous ground. You might want to consider rethinking this strategy, as it's likely to lead to frustration and headaches.

In all seriousness, it takes a relatively long time for someone to type something out. If the poster is not willing to engage his/her brain before hitting the enter key, I have no sympathy for whatever they get. If anything, it's probably not harsh enough.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2009, 06:23:15 PM »
What if I use the word tard in a friendly manner like. Hey hows it going tard? Geezz lighten up. Will add this one to my list of 4 letter words. :rolleyes:
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2009, 07:05:44 PM »
So it might have been one of the mega squads that all .reported me for no apparent reason?

People (mostly squads and mission members) have used it friviously on occasion.  HTC does "takes care of" frivolous dot report incidents when they are made aware of them.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2009, 07:12:11 PM »
What if I use the word tard in a friendly manner like. Hey hows it going tard? Geezz lighten up. Will add this one to my list of 4 letter words. :rolleyes:

I seriously doubt it was the word 'tard' that got him muted.  Like Murdr pointed out, 99.99% of the time the victim is not really the innocent party he tried to make himself to be on the forums.

Anyone who has seen MrMeanie's behavior knows who is at fault and who isn't.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2009, 07:19:37 PM »
Then how about EVERYONE gets muted for the same words!

I've never been muted(because I'm grown up enough to not call people names) but the inconsistancy in the way the muting/mod system works is FUBAR.  Daily, I see people on 200 spew all kinds of crap much worse that "tard" with nothing done.  Finish computerizing the bad word list and get rid of these mods that aren't worth a crap 90% of the time anyway.  They are human, and prone to mistakes and favoritism, which they prove on a daily basis.

i have to agree with this. i've never been muted for anythign. ever. but from what i see here, mods do show favoritism in their enforcement. it;s not really their fault though. they're only human, just like the rest of us.

anyone remember some of the poop storch used to put out there? waaaayyyyyy worse than "tard"

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2009, 07:29:49 PM »
for calling someone a tard Lmao the mods need to chill out dang,

and i got told to clam down rofl,,, my $15 a month so ifi want to call some one a tard my god im going to

I think you got told to calm down first......as is usually the case.  Then you carried on.   Wasn't the word "Tard" at all.....was it?

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2009, 07:31:55 PM »
Your totally right Mrmeanie is the biggest Tard in my squad, and thats why we love him so much, he drinks like a real irish man and talks like a real lady. ;)  
If censorship was enforced in real life every single one of you on here would be locked in a Vietnamese water torture camp.  They would roll all of you up in a carpet and drip water on your face while tickling your feet.

Keep up the good work MrMeanie you nice guy. :salute

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2009, 07:49:29 PM »
If censorship was enforced in real life every single one of you on here would be locked in a Vietnamese water torture camp.  They would roll all of you up in a carpet and drip water on your face while tickling your feet.

:huh

Are you suggesting that if you walked into a private buisness and called the other customers tards and what not, you wouldn't be asked to stop or leave? And if they did ask you to stop "harrassing" their customers, do you think your rights to free speech are being infirnged upon?  Are you saying that because a buisness owner doesn't want customers to be disrespectful to other customers that they are communists? 

Or are you suggesting that everyone here does the above, but it is not inforced?  There are limitations even to free speech.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 08:16:32 PM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2009, 08:37:21 PM »

anyone remember some of the poop storch used to put out there? waaaayyyyyy worse than "tard"

And he had his chat revoked many times, it also ended up resulting in him being banned from the game.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2009, 08:38:56 PM »
MrMeanie maybe you should ductape your fingers together.  :P
Strokes

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2009, 08:40:10 PM »
Your totally right Mrmeanie is the biggest Tard in my squad, and thats why we love him so much, he drinks like a real irish man and talks like a real lady. ;)  

Keep up the good work MrMeanie you nice guy. :salute

Here we go with "free speech" again.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

When did HiTech become a member of Congress and pass the law against saying "Tard"?

I agree with Murdr.  Context not content.  Or did Meanie just randomly type "Tard" and bang, muted???

And, Belial, by endorsing, if not encouraging, MrMeanie's actions, you may be setting a perception of your squad you may not want in the long run.

As MrMeanie's original post starts with LOL, it doesn't seem that his "punishment" will have the deterrent effect it may have been meant to have anyway.

wrongway
(has seen someone muted for "cheese")
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2009, 10:05:55 PM »
Wrongway, I'm saying your internet be good stick only works in the small world you think revolves around you.  The only thing I ever see you write is negative, I'm glad you have endless hours to put your opinion in on the forums.  Just so you know, this opinion is crap, the forums are crap, and I could care less if Aces High didnt exist tomorrow.  The people who have these "respected" opinions have been playing for years, I'm sad to say ive been playing for 9 months.  This game is wasting your life, go outside, go fishing or something, I regret playing this as much as I do. 

In conclusion, This game is crap and a waste of time, and I need to quit playing. I'd rather listen to a squeaker squak into my ear for hours than hear your worthless dribble.  Have a good one eh. :rolleyes:

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2009, 10:27:54 PM »
Never mind  :rofl Not worth it.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2009, 10:29:44 PM »
see above

:rofl  You crack me up.

I don't think the response I was going to give this is even necessary.

edit I will actually apologize over any offence I gave to you or your squad regarding said squad.  It seems to be living up to your expectations.
 :salute

wrongway
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 10:49:00 PM by AWwrgwy »
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2009, 10:42:24 PM »
I think murdr is right. we are not getting the whole story here.

i very highly doubt that he got muted for using the word tard, since my squad calls me that all the time. this includes on range, country, 200, as well as the squad channel. they even do it on vox range and channel.

without further information i would venture a guess and say that if it was not the mass report system (as murdr mentioned) then he was probably being verbally abusive to other players and the final tard statement was the straw on the camels back. which really just backs up the context not content.

again don't push limits and you won't get muted.

as far as unfair mods, i think the bigger issue is there are not enough to have monitoring of every country in every area in every arena 24 hours a day and the ones that get away with bad behavior are just not doing it when the mods are in the right place at the right time. without knowing who the mods are and where they are you won't know for sure if they are being unfair or not, you can assume all you want but you don't know for sure.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave