Author Topic: Here's to the Haters  (Read 1398 times)

Offline Grape

• Nickel Member
      • http://promoteitright.com/Site/82nd/
Re: Here's to the Haters
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2009, 03:03:48 PM »
I really like the idea of a themed tour. I am trying to fly the P-47 D-11 and the D-40 (bomb truck) this tour. Take note, I said "trying". I am not the best cartoon pilot out there. A tribute or salute tour is a pretty cool idea. I might have to try it next month too.
This is a test

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2009, 03:05:47 PM »
You're taking it too seriously if you feel the need to post this.  Just my opinion.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2009, 03:06:19 PM »
< Has been on a 'themed tour' for the past year and a half. :D

Cool to hear you're doing that, 303rd. Good luck :salute

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2009, 04:28:27 PM »
You're taking it too seriously if you feel the need to post this.  Just my opinion.

In game, yes.  Game as a whole, no.
Tours 86 - 296

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2009, 05:12:50 PM »
99% of the people on this BBS have not even a slightest clue of the Polish Air Force.   Let alone, why they did shoot chutes (the Germans did it to them as well) or ram bombers when out of ammunition.   

The Poles flew with a lot of Honor.   They also had the most to fight for out of any Country involved in WWII and were sold out afterward.   
Got to give it to them. Their Cavalry was made up of real horses. On the last part. Are you talking about German Elbe pilots?
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2009, 06:47:04 PM »
Got to give it to them. Their Cavalry was made up of real horses. On the last part. Are you talking about German Elbe pilots?

Several Ju-88's were rammed by Polish pilots in order to keep their bombs from falling on cities.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2009, 06:54:23 PM »
Several Ju-88's were rammed by Polish pilots in order to keep their bombs from falling on cities.   
Gotcha. Yeah saw a thing on LW pilots ramming  b17s on history channel I think. Live footage was crazy. Few managed to bail at the last moment. Never seen anything on Polish Airmen though.
POTW

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2009, 07:40:58 PM »
People complain? Sheesh! You're flying a Spit 1, 5, and Hurri 1 for christ's sake! I can understand the Spit 9, but the others? They wouldn't even have the nuts to fly them.
  who cares what anyone pilots out of the hanger... The peeps that can not beat a certain plane are the only ones who call em dweeb rides :rofl
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline TwinEng

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2009, 05:33:25 AM »
The Polish Army actually saved all of Europe from a massive Islamic invasion in 1683.  The Ottoman Empire was at its height, controlling much of the Middle East, North Africa, and a significant chuck of Europe.  They sent an invasion Army of over 150,000 to split Europe in two.  They quickly overran the Austrian defenses, and laid siege to the great city of Vienna.

The city was only saved from a Jihadist slaughter by the arrival of the entire Army of Poland, which included over 20,000 Calvary.  They had marched all the way from Poland, to lift the siege of the city.  The Winged Polish Hussar Calvary was perhaps the most feared fighting force in the world at that time.   Here is a photo of how these Knights were equipped when they went into battle:

Here is a famous painting of the battle, showing the Winged Hussars crushing the Muslim forces of the Ottoman Sultan:

If it had not been for these brave Polish fighters, everyone in Europe today might now be Muslim.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2009, 08:05:56 AM »
Heinrich Ehrler - 209 confirmed victories, KIA April 4th 1945. After shooting down two B-17's and running out of ammo, Ehrler is reported to have said, " Theo! (Weissenberger) I have run out of ammunition! I am going to ram this one! Auf Wiedersehen! I'll see you in Valhalla!" and then he ramed a third B-17. His body was found the next day.

wow intense

X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2009, 08:24:47 AM »

If it had not been for these brave Polish fighters, everyone in Europe today might now be Muslim.

[/quote]

Hmm! so where are the great european fighters today ? It seems to me europe is being overrun once again  ;)

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2009, 09:18:35 AM »
Heinrich Ehrler - 209 confirmed victories, KIA April 4th 1945. After shooting down two B-17's and running out of ammo, Ehrler is reported to have said, " Theo! (Weissenberger) I have run out of ammunition! I am going to ram this one! Auf Wiedersehen! I'll see you in Valhalla!" and then he ramed a third B-17. His body was found the next day.

wow intense

It's interesting to note Patton said "don't you die for your Country, let the other dumb bastage die for his". Words to live by.

Ren

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2009, 10:29:16 AM »
BOB. The tension between  the Polish and British pilots was compounded by their language barrier. Unable to talk out their differences, they coexisted in awkward silence.  :rofl I know the feeling. :D   No. 303  http://www.historynet.com/the-forgotten-few-polish-airmen-fought-during-the-battle-of-britain.htm
POTW

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2009, 11:29:30 AM »
Hey Banshee.  Sounds like fun.  Keep it up!