Author Topic: Here's to the Haters  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Here's to the Haters
« on: April 08, 2009, 10:09:24 PM »
For the haters that think me continuing my "303 Squadron Salute Tour" is dweebish:  You will be happy to know that no matter HOW dweeby you think flying nothing but the Hurri 1, Spit 1, 5, and 9 is, I will CONTINUE this for the rest of the tour.  The Poles had it tough in WW2.  They were looked upon as "replacements" by the RAF, who could only be used when there was an extreme lack of pilots.  But as the RAF and the rest of the world quickly found out, they were good...damn good.  I don't want to compare myself with the Poles, as they actually had it rough.  In game, people are "discriminating" against me and the Spit.  If you don't like me flying the Spit, then oh well.  I have the privilege to fly whatever cartoon aircraft I would like, thanks to the HTC staff, and not one of you, or even a whole group, will change my mind about flying my "dweeb tour" as some have called it.  As previously stated, I'm doing it for my own personal enjoyment, regardless of some of the negative opinions and comments I receive.

#S#

Banshee7
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Here's to the Haters
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 10:11:24 PM »
People complain? Sheesh! You're flying a Spit 1, 5, and Hurri 1 for christ's sake! I can understand the Spit 9, but the others? They wouldn't even have the nuts to fly them.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 10:13:17 PM »
People complain? Sheesh! You're flying a Spit 1, 5, and Hurri 1 for christ's sake! I can understand the Spit 9, but the others? They wouldn't even have the nuts to fly them.
the question is who was it?
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 10:14:23 PM »

The majority of my kills (only 31) are in the Hurri 1, too!

the question is who was it?

I'm smarter than that.  I'm not listing names as there is not just a few people that stick out.
Tours 86 - 296

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 10:16:25 PM »
The majority of my kills (only 31) are in the Hurri 1, too!

I'm smarter than that.  I'm not listing names as there is not just a few people that stick out.
ah your no fun   :devil
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 10:16:52 PM »
You're not really listening to the guys on 200 are you??

You should know better than that.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 10:20:04 PM »
I have the nuts to fly a Spit5 and a Hurr1.
Strokes

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 10:20:54 PM »

My comment was directed at the people who complain about him.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 10:22:59 PM »

I hate flying these birds just because it takes so long to get to fight. Now on a TT map ill fly them anytime
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 10:46:53 PM »
I've talked to the other "party".    It is water under the bridge.    Topic is dropped as far as both parties are concerned.   

:salute
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline NHattila

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 10:51:01 PM »
When you lose both alierons in a hurri 1 that plane is almost totally unmaneuverable. Found that out today the hard way, still managed to land it with a few kills. The funny part was when twentyfo came down to try to pick me he missed haha!

I find it silly people complain when others fly certain planes. Those planes are in the game aren't they? As long as people are having fun- that is all that matters.
Atti11a

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 12:10:46 AM »
For the haters that think me continuing my "303 Squadron Salute Tour" is dweebish:  You will be happy to know that no matter HOW dweeby you think flying nothing but the Hurri 1, Spit 1, 5, and 9 is, I will CONTINUE this for the rest of the tour.  The Poles had it tough in WW2.  They were looked upon as "replacements" by the RAF, who could only be used when there was an extreme lack of pilots.  But as the RAF and the rest of the world quickly found out, they were good...damn good.  I don't want to compare myself with the Poles, as they actually had it rough.  In game, people are "discriminating" against me and the Spit.  If you don't like me flying the Spit, then oh well.  I have the privilege to fly whatever cartoon aircraft I would like, thanks to the HTC staff, and not one of you, or even a whole group, will change my mind about flying my "dweeb tour" as some have called it.  As previously stated, I'm doing it for my own personal enjoyment, regardless of some of the negative opinions and comments I receive.

#S#

Banshee7

You know I was reading or watching something on the Poles that flew for the Raf and after some investigation it was determined that the Poles were the only Raf pilots that ever shot German Pilots in there parachutes. And when one surviving Pole pilot was asked about it he said he did it more than once, because they were fighting the eastern war and they didn't fly for honer but to kill Germans because of there country being occupied. 
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline malpeake

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 12:38:32 AM »
Don't pay them any attention Banshee.

I read up about the 303 Squad after talking to you in the TA, interesting stuff. 2 reasons why they were good, they already had more combat experience than most English pilots in the RAF and they were after vengeance for being invaded.  :salute

I will see you in midwar in my blue Spit 5 Banshee. LOL  :salute

Malap.
I fly Spits because I'm  Brit, It's in our DNA to fly Spits.

Mal.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 12:50:47 AM »
Gawd i h8 those spit dw33b haxxors.
Strokes

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 01:02:12 AM »
99% of the people on this BBS have not even a slightest clue of the Polish Air Force.   Let alone, why they did shoot chutes (the Germans did it to them as well) or ram bombers when out of ammunition.   

The Poles flew with a lot of Honor.   They also had the most to fight for out of any Country involved in WWII and were sold out afterward.   
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 01:05:14 AM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC