Author Topic: Question for all the people who call the spitfire 16 a noob plane.  (Read 8329 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: Question for all the people who call the spitfire 16 a noob plane.
« Reply #180 on: April 09, 2009, 08:19:06 PM »
I'm gonna do better.  I'm gonna post every single sortie.  Watch and see all the things a spit16 can do, and you tell me any other plane can do it too.
First sortie. My gunnery's gone to hell and my hotas keeps disconnecting midflight. I waste time chasing two runners and ignore the bomber formations. I have a couple of kills all but done near the end.. They'd be dead if I wasn't rusty.  You can already see it handles pretty much anything thrown at it, and even pulls some acm few other planes can match. e.g. that spiral evasive near the end.
I'm not gonna trim out the films, since it's you asking me to do this service for you.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #181 on: April 09, 2009, 08:27:10 PM »
So stodd can you answer the question in the 1st post
I believe I already answered it a few pages back, if this was real life I would want to fly the superior plane...who wouldnt? :uhoh So to answer your question more specifically no I wouldnt say ""I'm not flying that thing, it's a noob plane"?
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #182 on: April 09, 2009, 08:45:31 PM »
Magic number 10, with 1 extra for good measure, and this with the $%)(&_* joystick disconnecting twice, and wasting a ton of ammo on a lamer 190D9.  At the end they just run away from a 5:1 on the deck.  Had I 20mm left they would've died even quicker and I might have killed all but a couple of those too. So maybe 15 kills.

Machfly, say that the spit16 wasn't dominating everything that commited, in this film.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 08:47:15 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #183 on: April 09, 2009, 08:50:30 PM »
Magic number 10, with 1 extra for good measure, and this with the $%)(&_* joystick disconnecting twice, and wasting a ton of ammo on a lamer 190D9.  At the end they just run away from a 5:1 on the deck.  Had I 20mm left they would've died even quicker and I might have killed all but a couple of those too. So maybe 15 kills.

Machfly, say that the spit16 wasn't dominating everything that commited, in this film.

Now let us see if someone that has been playing for around 6 months can do the same.  Willing to bet not likely.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #184 on: April 09, 2009, 09:22:51 PM »

Moot, that was AWESOME. your SA and gunnery were very impressive. So many HO-ers, so little time. I give some credit to that one 51 driver early on. He tried to fight you and didn't ho. That was serious pwnage.  :aok
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #185 on: April 09, 2009, 09:31:53 PM »
Now let us see if someone that has been playing for around 6 months can do the same.  Willing to bet not likely.

ack-ack
Or more to the point, I couldn't have done that with any other plane.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #186 on: April 09, 2009, 09:37:27 PM »

With breaks counted in, I've been playing 4 or 5 months. I could film my attempts for comparison?

-Zap
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 09:39:46 PM by Tordon22 »

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #187 on: April 09, 2009, 10:30:21 PM »
I'm gonna do better.  I'm gonna post every single sortie.  Watch and see all the things a spit16 can do, and you tell me any other plane can do it too.
First sortie. My gunnery's gone to hell and my hotas keeps disconnecting midflight. I waste time chasing two runners and ignore the bomber formations. I have a couple of kills all but done near the end.. They'd be dead if I wasn't rusty.  You can already see it handles pretty much anything thrown at it, and even pulls some acm few other planes can match. e.g. that spiral evasive near the end.
I'm not gonna trim out the films, since it's you asking me to do this service for you.

Your saying your not going to post the film because it is me who is asking you, OK. But honestly I'm finding it hard to believe that YOU could have done that.

so prove me wrong
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #188 on: April 09, 2009, 10:35:25 PM »
Yes, a noob in a spit16 will hand NathBDP his bellybutton about half the time, on a deck merge at 375mph. 

Okay then genius, answer the other question: if it's so uber any noob becomes an instant top stick flying it, why does it have such a thoroughly mediocre k/d ratio? By my count it's tied for 15th place among non-perked fighters last tour. It's not even the top non-perked Spitfire. The P-51D beats it and has at least as much a reputation as a plane that clueless noobs gravitate to, so that's not the reason.

And sure, I understand it's not that simple and k/d ratio isn't the best yada yada yada... but it's the only hard stat we have to look at, isn't it? And it's not *that* skewed a measure. If the damned thing is a "UFO" like you claim, if it can take an otherwise 1 for 50 two-weeker and give him a 50-50 shot against anyone in the arena, I don't see how that could possibly not show up in the statistics. (And the stats certainly reflect the reverse: early war planes that are outmatched in the LW almost universally have very low k/d ratios, even though there probably aren't many bad pilots willing to fly them.)

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #189 on: April 09, 2009, 10:47:26 PM »
lol I love this thread.

The only people that don't think the spit16 is a n00b plane are the people that fly the spit16 often.

Check their stats vs their comments, it's hilarious.

Guys it's just a game, but lets face it - there are some things in this game that make you say...HMMMM.

The spit16 is just ONE of those things for me.  Wibble wobble correctly (learn it from the folks that know it well) and you CANT get shot down, bottom line. 

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #190 on: April 09, 2009, 10:48:45 PM »
Your saying your not going to post the film because it is me who is asking you, OK. But honestly I'm finding it hard to believe that YOU could have done that.

so prove me wrong
?? :lol  Is your film viewer not working?

Okay then genius, answer the other question: if it's so uber any noob becomes an instant top stick flying it, why does it have such a thoroughly mediocre k/d ratio? By my count it's tied for 15th place among non-perked fighters last tour. It's not even the top non-perked Spitfire. The P-51D beats it and has at least as much a reputation as a plane that clueless noobs gravitate to, so that's not the reason.

And sure, I understand it's not that simple and k/d ratio isn't the best yada yada yada... but it's the only hard stat we have to look at, isn't it? And it's not *that* skewed a measure. If the damned thing is a "UFO" like you claim, if it can take an otherwise 1 for 50 two-weeker and give him a 50-50 shot against anyone in the arena, I don't see how that could possibly not show up in the statistics. (And the stats certainly reflect the reverse: early war planes that are outmatched in the LW almost universally have very low k/d ratios, even though there probably aren't many bad pilots willing to fly them.)
:rolleyes: UFO
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #191 on: April 09, 2009, 10:49:53 PM »

A)  You know how hard it is to learn SA in this game?  The view system is excellent, but absolutely takes time to get used to.  Do you know how often you get shot down with bad SA?  That is one very solid reason for beginners having the poor K/D, no matter what plane they are in.  However, it has been shown that the Spit 16 is the go-to beginner player ride.

B)  Most new players fly the P-51D for it's reputation, and many give up on it when they can't get kills, which they then move on to the Spit 16 once they realize they need to focus on basics (ie. SA, E-retention, etc.).  Generally you will see experience pilots dogfighting the P-51D, and if they are not experienced then they are generally flying incredibly timid.  Those are the only two times you will see a P-51D pilot with a high K/D.  P.S. Take up a P-51D and go against a Spit 16 co-E, and then tell me that the P-51D beats it with any sense of ease.  Even against not-so-good Spit pilots, fighting a Spit in a Pony will make you sweat.  Most Pony pilots will NOT win in a fight against a Spit 16.

Once you get the flaps out on the Spit 16, the thing IS almost literally a UFO.  Go try it, you can do incredible things with it.  Even before flaps out, it's ability to burn and regenerate energy makes it extremely deadly and extremely forgiving of errors.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 10:54:58 PM by SectorNine50 »
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #192 on: April 09, 2009, 10:50:45 PM »

so prove me wrong

Ummm he did post the film.

As good as moot is some of those people in that film were just awful.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: April 09, 2009, 11:10:37 PM »
2-4 kills in 1 sorti is not alot. Try getting 7+ (with no re-arming) in that spitfire and then say how much of a UFO that is. Today I landed 10 kills in F4U, how come no one is screaming that it's a UFO or a noob plane for that matter?

Well aren't you something.  Ohhh wait... you don't typically land 10 kills so using this  example is bunk.  In fact, you average a very pedestrian 2.23 kills per sortie.  *yawn*.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 11:12:55 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #194 on: April 09, 2009, 11:15:12 PM »
You asked....no...demanded that moot prove how easy it is, he has done it almost instantly and with style.

case closed  :rock
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.