Author Topic: "Noob Planes"  (Read 1944 times)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: "Noob Planes"
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 10:09:41 AM »
heh...i just got 3 free kills the other night...from divebombing lancs. took the wing off of one, while hhe was lining up....he turned so hard to realign, he lost a drone, and i was shooting him as he dovce right into the ground for the third.  :aok

My favorite bomber hat trick is knocking a wing or tail off of the lead Lanc-Stuka when they are fairly close to the ground.  Then watch the two drones auger into the ground as they follow the wreckage down.  Often, if they are low enough, the Lanc-Stuka pilot can't switch planes fast enough to save the drones.

Priceless!

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2009, 10:13:23 AM »
You can call any plane whatever you want.

I happen to suggest in as a plane for folks getting started in the TA. It gives them the opportunity to start turning yet gives a margin for error that's forgiving. Hmmm noob plane....

I been doing this for more than a year or two and I get up in one prabably once a month.

They are just plain fun to fly for a sortie or two!!!

Ren
Aces High Training Corps

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2009, 10:24:45 AM »
As long as you get your kills, that counts  :D

ya, but a fight is MUCH more fun. i was helping defend that base.....he could've at least manned his guns, is i didn't really do anything fancy. i came in from his 6 hi, looped over, and repeated..........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2009, 10:58:35 AM »
But it's just a "name". The LA and the Nik also fall into that category. Other names are the RunStang (P51), the Run90 (FW190), the little bomber (P38), most of the 190 series is considered the HO machines, and I'm sure there are many others.

Just out of curiosity, what fighters aren't considered n00b/dweeb planes by the self-appointed arbitri elegantiae of the AH2 forums, and why?  :huh

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2009, 11:00:21 AM »
They call it a "Noob plane" because its so easy to fly and get kills in. It requires less effort and less skill to as you say "master" then many of the other planes.

The spit can make a poor pilot ok, an ok pilot decent, a decent pilot good, and a good pilot great. ( pilot who sucks, will suck no matter the plane til he learns to be a poor pilot)
It is the tricycle with training wheels.

I fly the 190 alot. Hardly an easy plane to fly let alone master I seem to do reasonably well in them (this tour excluded LOL)

If you really want to improve on that ranking. Fy the other planes  enough to become at least "ok" in them. Learn what they can and cant do well.
And when you go back to your spit. You will find these planes even easier to kill. (though this statement holds true whichever your ride choice is)
But along the way. You may even find as to why. Folks call the spit a "noob plane"

A pilot of just about anything else will have an easier time adapting to a spit. then a spit driver will have adapting to flying just about anything else.

But as others have mentioned. its your money. your fun.
Fly whatever makes YOU happy.

The La7 is called a "noob plane" and 95% of the Arena hasn't a clue of it's potential.   THOSE are the people I laugh at.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 11:16:30 AM »
Just out of curiosity, what fighters aren't considered n00b/dweeb planes by the self-appointed arbitri elegantiae of the AH2 forums, and why?  :huh
:rofl  Says you.  The truth is the truth regardless of who speaks it.
The spit 16 is a noob plane. It's also a crutch if you're past the beginner stage, unless you've got a genuine passion for the thing. Whether you love it or hate it, or fly it or don't.  Those are totally separate things.  The OP amalgamates all of it to try and make "it's not a noob plane" true by association.  Bogus.

Planes not noob planes are those that... get ready for this.. Aren't conducive to noobs. Planes that are any combination of: unforgiving, difficult to fly on the edge, expensive, difficult to shoot with, or somehow unconventional and consequently requiring the noob to have to learn something esoteric ON TOP of basic textbook flying/SA/gunnery/etc, etc.  E.G. The 190A8, Me262, Me163, 109K4, 109E, Spit1, Hurri1, Spit5, Spit14, Mossie, Hurricane2D, Ta152, A20, Ki61, Yak9T, P38, P40, and so on.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 11:21:06 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 11:24:26 AM »
I absolutely enjoy flying the Spitfire and I think I do pretty well with it.  I fly the Spit not only for it's in game flying, but for it's valued history and good looks.  Although some may say it is a "noob" plane, I disagree and think there is no such thing as a "noob" plane.  I think of myself as a pretty formidable foe in the Spit and my overall score, (I think) is not too bad, averaging out at around 890 or so.  (And that's with a horrible score in vehicles, cuz I hate driving)

I know of many people that can take a P-51 or P-38 and get an unheard of amount of kills in them and those are pretty easy to fly.  What they are hard at, is to master.

Seriously, this "noob" plane crap should be thrown out.  If you get shot down by a noob in a steady rock-solid flying machine then that is your fault for allowing him to HO you or get on your six.  Shame on you but don't blame it on the plane.  Fly to have fun and fly what works best for you. 

Sorry, wrong.  The spixteen is a noob plane. But.... so what?  If you fly it and have fun, keep doing it. Do you play this game in a way to get the approval of others or are you in it to have fun?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 11:28:33 AM »
Most of the spit16 pilots can't fly them the right way anyway.  A few months of learning this and how to avoid them and they are no longer a threat.

Now shooting them down is the annoying part.  As they are bugged if flown using the bug.  I'm not going to mention how.

The spit 8 / 9 pilots are the ones I worry about.  They usually know what they are doing and how to use their plane.

Either way, if it keeps you flying and paying your $15/month, more power to you if you want to fly a 'n00b' plane. 

JUST FYI btw, the top player in our country flies a perked plane.  Sooo, usually a perked plane is more n00bish sorta. 

Just ignore folks like me and have your fun man!

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 11:36:41 AM »
Do you play this game in a way to get the approval of others <snip> ...?

Ding, ding, ding.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009, 12:11:15 PM »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2009, 12:25:09 PM »

P-38 is definitely an EZ-Mode plane, though only gets the Dweeb moniker when Mensa flies it.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2009, 12:27:44 PM »
P-38 is definitely an EZ-Mode plane, though only gets the Dweeb moniker when Mensa flies it.

ack-ack

I think the P38 is somewhere in the middle of the pack as far as overall difficulty goes, but I could have sworn I heard you arguing that the P38 was one the the toughest planes to fly in your last week before terminating your account.

To jog your memory, you were talking about quitting and someone suggested flying different planes to spark your interest and you said that the P38 was already one of the most difficult planes in the game so what's the point essentially.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2009, 12:29:34 PM »
The dweebiest thing in the game is judging people for how 'skilled' they are before their character. Personality is the only real aspect of this community. Everything else is just a game.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2009, 12:47:15 PM »
Personality manifests itself quite efficiently in play-style.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2009, 12:53:58 PM »
I think the P38 is somewhere in the middle of the pack as far as overall difficulty goes, but I could have sworn I heard you arguing that the P38 was one the the toughest planes to fly in your last week before terminating your account.

To jog your memory, you were talking about quitting and someone suggested flying different planes to spark your interest and you said that the P38 was already one of the most difficult planes in the game so what's the point essentially.

someone mentioned that I should fly another plane to 'challenge' me but I responded with why should I switch when the P-38 already fits that bill and is the only plane that I am interested in flying.  Just because the Lightning to me is a challenge to fly, doesn't mean it's not easy to fly.  To me the challenge is putting the plane in situations that in real life wouldn't have been done like turn fighting on the deck with Zeros and not the difficulty of flying the thing.

With no torque, fantastic vertical performance, the best stall characteristics of any plane in the game, excellent low speed maneuverability, good acceleration, great dive performance, excellent gun package and it's just sexy as hell.  All of those things make it an easy plane to fly.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song