Author Topic: What we need are some What If planes  (Read 10034 times)

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
Re: What we need are some What If planes
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2009, 06:15:49 AM »
Which ones are what if?

Well we have the B-29 for instance  :aok

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2009, 05:12:03 PM »
Theres plent of "not what ifs" that would make a good impact should they be included. And they should! If I ran the show the axis would be better repped, there'd be another perk bomber, another Brit CV plane, the Beufighter.........I can think of about 10 off the bat that had a huge presence in the war and need to be here with us.

But no harm in wishing.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2009, 09:24:32 PM »
If we are asking, I want the J8A...
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2009, 06:55:46 AM »
It sounds more like a method of getting more US fighters into the game because you are running out of actual WWII US fighters to demand in preference over other nation's fighters that actually fought in WWII.

Karnak has somebody put a star and striped painted burr under your saddle? You always jump on the anti US aircraft wagon.
The guy was asking for the CA-15 not a US plane where did you get. " It sounds more like a method of getting more US fighters into the game because you are running out of actual WWII US fighters to demand in preference over other nation's fighters that actually fought in WWII."   Your arguement sounds like a broken record and this time it's not even on the same planet.. I agree more aircraft are needed from other countries, but sheesh quit with the chip on your shoulder over the American fighters. The German and British fighter stable is nearly as full.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2009, 07:14:58 AM »
So, as a sum-up, WHAT particular aircraft do we not have that meet HTC's requirements and would live in the MA?
P63
B29
Black Widow
Whirlwind
Beaufighter
Oscar
Il-10
Pe-2 (There is another one similar, always forget the name)
Me210/410
D510
Cant

oops, that's 10+ and lots to go...

It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2009, 07:38:18 AM »
Most of the missing Japanese planes could easily live in the MA.  I don't know the performance figures, but I reckon most of the mid and early Russian planes could too.  I'm going out on a limb, but I presume the I-16 could survive in many furballs the same way the FM2 does. 
Karnak has somebody put a star and striped painted burr under your saddle? You always jump on the anti US aircraft wagon.
The guy was asking for the CA-15 not a US plane where did you get. " It sounds more like a method of getting more US fighters into the game because you are running out of actual WWII US fighters to demand in preference over other nation's fighters that actually fought in WWII."   Your arguement sounds like a broken record and this time it's not even on the same planet.. I agree more aircraft are needed from other countries, but sheesh quit with the chip on your shoulder over the American fighters. The German and British fighter stable is nearly as full.
The Japanese and Russian planesets are very lacking.  That's why it makes little sense to ask for more US planes.  The only good reason is if some US planes somehow take less time/effort to add than JP/RU planes.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Caldwell

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2009, 08:20:10 AM »
Most of the missing Japanese planes could easily live in the MA.  I don't know the performance figures, but I reckon most of the mid and early Russian planes could too.  I'm going out on a limb, but I presume the I-16 could survive in many furballs the same way the FM2 does.  The Japanese and Russian planesets are very lacking.  That's why it makes little sense to ask for more US planes.  The only good reason is if some US planes somehow take less time/effort to add than JP/RU planes.

The CA-15 is NOT American.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2009, 08:28:45 AM »
You're right. I thought the CA15 was an Australian licensed P51.  It doesn't seem to have seen combat, though. One prototype flew post-war.  This is probably why Karnak would oppose adding it in spite of the JP/RU/IT plane set's huge holes.  A post-war prototype that saw no action even then, from a minor actor in the WWII air war, isn't attractive right now.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Caldwell

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2009, 08:57:22 AM »
You're right. I thought the CA15 was an Australian licensed P51.  It doesn't seem to have seen combat, though. One prototype flew post-war.  This is probably why Karnak would oppose adding it in spite of the JP/RU/IT plane set's huge holes.  A post-war prototype that saw no action even then, from a minor actor in the WWII air war, isn't attractive right now.

Hey, we ended the war with the 4th largest air force, so, um, there!

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2009, 09:35:15 AM »
Does anyone here remember "Aces of the Pacific", and then "Aces of Europe"?
Spen quite some time on those. There was an expansion to aces of the Pacific, which was "What if" 1946.
It was actually cool to play.
AH basically has the tool to do this, but it does not seem to be on the plan. Neither are the bipes and WWI, although HT did once work with or write "Dawn of Aces" as a side to Warbirds. (I think).
WW2 it is. I forgot the I-16.
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline frosty

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2009, 12:55:08 PM »

Minor?

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2009, 01:00:37 PM »
Yes, minor.  As in anything else than Germany, the USA, Russia, and Japan.  There's only so much room in HTC's schedule and you have to prioritize. That means at least two categories: major and minor.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2009, 01:05:37 PM »
Yes, minor.  As in anything else than Germany, the USA, Russia, and Japan.  There's only so much room in HTC's schedule and you have to prioritize. That means at least two categories: major and minor.
I'd include the UK in the "major" category.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2009, 01:09:06 PM »
Does anyone here remember "Aces of the Pacific", and then "Aces of Europe"?
Spen quite some time on those. There was an expansion to aces of the Pacific, which was "What if" 1946.

I loved the Ki-83 :)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2009, 01:09:39 PM »
From the UK, still some material. I didn't even mention the Meteor, nor the Stirling (who in AH might have quite a life due to it's loadout and bombing alt), or the Firefly? Hmmm, what did I forget...