Author Topic: An objective look at "fishy" flying  (Read 2665 times)

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
Re: An objective look at "fishy" flying
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2009, 01:17:17 PM »
That first pilot whose picture you posted though DH, she's welcome in my cockpit anytime. :aok

And I bet she'd out fly you in that cockpit too! ;)

Here Svetlana is flying her Sukhoi with Peter. Two of the best aerobatics pilots in the world: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYVpF2MGTf4
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2009, 01:35:39 PM »
Moot, the reality is you  and the mupptards are cheaters, you have hidden away in the great "hall of muppets" the infamous NECRONOMICON "inked in blood" which is the reason for your success and GAMINESS  :D You better return the book before Bruce Cambell comes for it  :aok
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 01:45:45 PM by shreck »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2009, 01:43:55 PM »
Sometimes I don't know if I should laugh, start to explain or simply despair...

5 mins ago a player told us on channel 2: "How does a Spit can make 420? That's bull, I rip my wings off! This game is more fishy than a *censored*..."

:lol :rolleyes:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2009, 01:56:29 PM »
Was it a mistake to do this thread?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2009, 02:06:52 PM »
I think not.

IMO the op does successfully illustrate the difference between percieved and actual gameplay reality. I have done such things myself in the past. I would do it more if there was a way to remove player names from films.

Unfortunately so many "haxx" accusations are so far removed from any real base that one can only shake his head. I can only appeal at every player to never utter such phrases like "no way XXX...", the C- or the H-word in the game. New players just pick thoses phrases up, start to believe it, and we end up with things like I showed in my last post.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline John Curnutte

• Nickel Member
      • Precisionsquad.org
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2009, 02:16:25 PM »
 Its all in the film Moot and there is nothing but good flying there , I don't believe in the cheat thing and hold no credibility to cheating . I often find myself on the losing end of fights and sometimes find myself thinking how did he do that or how much practise time did he have in that plane to pull that off . People just need to get a grip on reality ( you don't always win ) and be humble just a little . Nice post Moot . :salute

Nutte
Don't be afraid to put it out there , if it gets cut off it'll grow back
On your mark , Get set , go away !

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2009, 02:27:34 PM »
Thanks Nutte.
Yes...one can question the realism of being able to control a machine with a 1G stall speed in the ~100mph IAS range at 70mph IAS at full throttle without accusing a good fellow like Moot of "cheating". Which would technically be a reason to meet at dawn for coffee and rapiers/pistols, if we retained any civilized customs in this society. ;)
FWIW, the 152's shape (I'm assuming that's the reason) gives it a very stable departure.  The long wings (and overall dimensions) feel like a tight-rope balancing pole, and the aileron section of the wing has a different angle so that they stall after the rest of the wing does. And it also has relatively large flaps, and an excellent rudder.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2009, 03:15:04 PM »
I can do a loop  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Scratchman

• Copper Member
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2009, 05:15:07 PM »
As Lynx has stated the "C" word isn't prevalent as much as it seems to be, but it does exist, as in all online games. However the truth be known, it is probably occurring more than .01% as it is in the other online games. Lynx, as well as many others, are very good "sticks". And will always be subject to this unfortunate branding. If Lynx has any fault, he does seem to be obsessive about dolling out misery to the Bish more than the nits, lol.  :rock  But if AH wants to truly address this issue, then they should do as the other online games do. As in other online games, their TOS includes random scans of hard drives checking the validity of ones game's version. It doesn't eliminate all possible
"hacks", but it will discourage its use. The other thing AH can do is not to discourage open discussions about this, so that we can all work together to keep this great game "rockin" on for years to come. And by the way Lynx, the majority of us Bish don't buy into the rumor mills.  :salute
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 05:17:16 PM by Scratchman »
Proud member of the Ground Pounders. Pounding our way to victory!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2009, 05:25:28 PM »
All that needs to be said in the open is that you have a negligible chance of encountering cheats, and that any truly suspicious behavior is best reported directly to HTC. Discussing it in the open does no good.  Or rather... What possible benefit could there be in open discussions?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2009, 05:41:54 PM »
Also suggest filming all sorties every day and erase those you do not see funny wierd things or great fights you lose. fights you lose will teach you more ,than the ones you win. I was called a cheater recently by 5 guys on other side for shoting them down, they ranted on all channel for 20 mins how i was a known cheater. of course they had no proff of such rants. and they replued we all have it obn film today. so I sent film to HTc and few of these people lost vox for awhile.

my film is always on there is a way to save only part of a film, but don't just send exact time of incident but couple of mins before and afrter. since htc can see things we can't.

Offline Scratchman

• Copper Member
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2009, 05:57:41 PM »
All that needs to be said in the open is that you have a negligible chance of encountering cheats, and that any truly suspicious behavior is best reported directly to HTC. Discussing it in the open does no good.  Or rather... What possible benefit could there be in open discussions?

To eliminate "rumor" mills, and show cause and effect such as the original post did. To expose "what is actually a "bug" not a "C". And to define negligible chance of encountering it is, is accepting such behavior. Even 1 "C" is 1 too many. Open discussion, open minds.
Proud member of the Ground Pounders. Pounding our way to victory!

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2009, 05:59:31 PM »
As Lynx has stated the "C" word isn't prevalent as much as it seems to be, but it does exist, as in all online games. However the truth be known, it is probably occurring more than .01% as it is in the other online games. Lynx, as well as many others, are very good "sticks". And will always be subject to this unfortunate branding. If Lynx has any fault, he does seem to be obsessive about dolling out misery to the Bish more than the nits, lol.  :rock  But if AH wants to truly address this issue, then they should do as the other online games do. As in other online games, their TOS includes random scans of hard drives checking the validity of ones game's version. It doesn't eliminate all possible
"hacks", but it will discourage its use. The other thing AH can do is not to discourage open discussions about this, so that we can all work together to keep this great game "rockin" on for years to come. And by the way Lynx, the majority of us Bish don't buy into the rumor mills.  :salute

I have been here since 2002 and play 150+ hours per month.   In all that time in all those hours (12,600hrs) I have only seen 3 naughty people.  I sent film in and the reply was on the lines "we already got em but thanks anyways".  They also stated that they actively search in the arena and on the net for dodgy doo's.

Of all those accusations I'll bet 0.01% is very close to reality and thanks for not buying into the bollox  :aok

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2009, 06:25:35 PM »
I have been here since 2002 and play 150+ hours per month.   In all that time in all those hours (12,600hrs) I have only seen 3 naughty people.  I sent film in and the reply was on the lines "we already got em but thanks anyways".  They also stated that they actively search in the arena and on the net for dodgy doo's.

Of all those accusations I'll bet 0.01% is very close to reality and thanks for not buying into the bollox  :aok

WOW, that's a 1/4 or your awake life for the past 7 years!

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2009, 06:30:09 PM »
  In all that time in all those hours (12,600hrs) I have only seen 3 naughty people.  I sent film in and the reply was on the lines "we already got em but thanks anyways".  They also stated that they actively search in the arena and on the net for dodgy doo's.

An acquaintance of mine  a while back found the hack that allowed unlimited bombs and and lower aircraft gross weight. He was curious about it and tried it in the game.
He was almost instantly booted and barred from the game, so they doing a good job of monitoring cheaters. It is  irritating to hear almost everyday someone accusing someone else of  "cable pulling" when probably 99% that accuse people of that have no idea what it means.
Tour 70 2005 to present