Author Topic: Logitech coming out with new HOTAS system  (Read 2448 times)

Offline Silent6

• Copper Member
Re: Logitech coming out with new HOTAS system
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2009, 01:57:26 PM »
Yea well imo the x52 series is crap...... I dont beat on my stuff and I had the x52 pro last year for 1.5 months and the buttons started to malfunction/fail. I spend almost 200 on that setup and it seemed to have a life of its own. I got rid of it when it showed no signs of trouble and probably will never go back to it again. Now I use the saitek aviator stick. It cost me 24 dollars LOL and the thing is a very simple stick with a dual throttle. They dont get much better than that and plus it has the vintage WW2 look to boot!!!!!!  :x

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2009, 02:04:07 PM »
I've had mine since a little after they came out. Over a year into it the rudder pot started to go bad, but someone sent me their unused stick portion and I haven't had problems yet. It's not that they suck, it's thst they're ectremely sensitive electronics that, when used normally, seem to be destroyed by the rough way the average computer treats them.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2009, 02:24:30 PM »
I've had mine since a little after they came out. Over a year into it the rudder pot started to go bad, but someone sent me their unused stick portion and I haven't had problems yet. It's not that they suck, it's thst they're ectremely sensitive electronics that, when used normally, seem to be destroyed by the rough way the average computer treats them.

I went through three x45's within 2.5 years and an x52 within 5 months.   I don't abuse my stuff and it is not "sensitive", it's garbage

Saitek sucks. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2009, 02:26:44 PM »
You're welcome to your opinion, but I've person still never had a problem with an X-series that wasn't due to it just being thrashed about or my PSU slowly frying it.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2009, 03:02:14 PM »
The irregularity in current from an onboard USB port will generally cause problems and eventually damage the stick.

A USB port on the motherboard that isn't outputting sufficient voltage will not damage your stick, even if the USB port voltage output is spiking.

You're welcome to your opinion, but I've person still never had a problem with an X-series that wasn't due to it just being thrashed about or my PSU slowly frying it.

If your PSU is frying your stick or any other piece of hardware, it's the PSU that is the issue and not the stick.  You should remove the PSU and replace it with one that is working properly.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 03:04:41 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2009, 03:56:33 PM »

I not only use a Powered USB Hub, but I have a 750W PC Power & Cooling Silencer.   Again, I don't "thrash" my chit.   Saitek is simply garbage.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2009, 04:39:36 PM »
... And wouldn't you know they made it only for right handers... haruph!

So I guess F-15s, F-16s, F/A-18s, and every other aircraft in the world is made only for right-handers, huh?

Seriously, I never understood this complaint. It is what it is, and the pilot adapts.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2009, 04:46:50 PM »
I enjoy being ambidextrous.   Throwing a football, bowling, etc.    :rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2009, 05:13:11 PM »
i have had an x52 for about a year, I have dropped it, yanked it, spilled beer, sweat, orange juice, water and sometimes slobbered over it while vulching a field and except for the occasional time that it gets out of sync i love it.  It does take some time to get used to it.  but it outperforms my beloved logitech extreme 3d pro joystick.  and I love the 3d pro  :salute

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2009, 05:14:51 PM »
I have a x-52....Its 3 years old...NO PROBLEMS at all...

KAM

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2009, 06:15:37 PM »
While the subject switched over to the X-52, I gotta ask about the tension real quick.
  I have used Airflyer's X-52, and personally hated the tension, but with all the people who like it I wonder if it's just his; on his it is rather stiff for about 1/8 of the movement of the stick all around (With his it's the deadband) but once it gets past that it is very very loose, are all like this or is it he has just worn it down?

Not sure if I explained clearly, but if this was the stick: |-|  and the deadband on his from side to side was about this:  [ |-| ]  that amount is very stiff, and if the entire movement of the stick was: \  [ |-| ]  /   The movement between the Deadband and full movement is about 5x looser.

Kinda confusing, but I am terrible at explaining things. :)
I know in a but he will come in and mention how it feels right, but someone who has owned and used the stick the entire time will always think it feels right.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2009, 07:03:21 PM »
I have a Saitek X45, I dunno how old it is - that's how long I've had it.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2009, 11:26:41 PM »
best thing i found out is dont mess with the settings but rather get used to flying the stick.  I tried changing deadbands, whatever you name it.  I just gave up and just decied to use the stick as it came from the manufacturer.  took me about 2 weeks to get used to it and know i can ho and vulch like the best of the best.  just takes patience specially if you like me had an logitech 3d which is a great stick, and  only reason I replaced it was for a little more realism.  dont give up you'll love it. only thing is just make sure the suction cups are firmly planted on your desk or you'll be having a hell of a time controlling your plane  and for some reason my stick works better using the usb connectors in back of the computer rather than the front. 

semp
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 11:29:14 PM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2009, 02:41:25 PM »
Make sure you take good care of it, IE plug it into a wall-powered USB hub. The irregularity in current from an onboard USB port will generally cause problems and eventually damage the stick.

I went through seven X45s that way before the X52 came out.

thanks for the advice will get a powered USB hub :rock
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2009, 02:45:48 PM »
I enjoy being ambidextrous.   Throwing a football, bowling, etc.    :rock

Why call it football when you your hands?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario