Author Topic: Hitech pros and cons of a 3rd LW arena?  (Read 3144 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Hitech pros and cons of a 3rd LW arena?
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2009, 04:27:57 PM »
Why not just put a TT in the DA?

There is already an area they can play with their GVs in the DA.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2009, 04:32:17 PM »

ack-ack
I would think that this would be better then a whole third arena anyway, it has it's own stat system and no perks to worry about.
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2009, 04:47:11 PM »
I would think that this would be better then a whole third arena anyway, it has it's own stat system and no perks to worry about.

Nobody wants to play in the DA this idea was suppose to be a third LW option over Orange the herd, Blue the stepchild, and the new LW Red The New Breed. 

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2009, 04:57:06 PM »

Nobody wants to play in the DA this idea was suppose to be a third LW option over Orange the herd, Blue the stepchild, and the new LW Red The New Breed. 

OOP's sorry, didn't mean any disrespect!
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2009, 05:33:32 PM »
This thread originated in one of the Arena cap threads.

ack-ack
This idea isn't for GV'ers any more than it is for Pilots.  The fact that the middle bases in the arena are uncapturable would seem to benefit those that enjoy flying in FT or TT before one country takes em over (late at night, usually undefended) equally.

I don't see how it would be like the DA or current MA.  The difference from both the current MA's is that the TankTown/ FighterTown bases would be uncapturable.

The difference from the DA is that you can't just grab a Tempy or Chog and go blasting or use F3 view.

IMO the ability to buy perk rides, but not earn perkies would enhance the experience by eliminating Milk Duds.  Though I am all for the setup even if you can earn perks.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 05:41:44 PM by DMBEAR »

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2009, 05:49:34 PM »
Well said Assi

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2009, 07:03:36 PM »
My "guess" is that if HTC won't open  a strictly fighter arena, there isn't going to be a strictly GV arena.

HTC split the arenas to keep the population down to promote more fun. He has always been apposed dedicating an arena to one thing, there by removing the fun of some players.

I hope you have fun talking about it tho   :aok

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2009, 07:06:47 PM »
Late war pink:anti bomb**** arena
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2009, 07:42:24 PM »
My "guess" is that if HTC won't open  a strictly fighter arena, there isn't going to be a strictly GV arena.

HTC split the arenas to keep the population down to promote more fun. He has always been apposed dedicating an arena to one thing, there by removing the fun of some players.

I already said neither will be focused on more than another.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2009, 08:06:36 PM »

Yep, but some people insist on tilting their lances at windmills.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2009, 08:32:03 PM »

Usually you are a stickler for others reading before they post.  :aok

Again...

This thread originated in one of the Arena cap threads.
This idea isn't for GV'ers any more than it is for Pilots.  The fact that the middle bases in the arena are uncapturable would seem to benefit those that enjoy flying in FT or TT before one country takes em over (late at night, usually undefended) equally.

I don't see how it would be like the DA or current MA.  The difference from both the current MA's is that the TankTown/ FighterTown bases would be uncapturable.

The difference from the DA is that you can't just grab a Tempy or Chog and go blasting or use F3 view.

IMO the ability to buy perk rides, but not earn perkies would enhance the experience by eliminating Milk Duds.  Though I am all for the setup even if you can earn perks.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 08:36:38 PM by DMBEAR »

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2009, 09:56:14 PM »
Ok here's my gripe.  1.the late war server has 3 arenas on it any way.       2.it would be a mini DA with a "late war" tag to it.           3. People gripe about how the AVA. Is our playground for us regulars.basically giving this third arena would giving a playground to no one.                 4. The only gv battles I see are spawn camping/hanger camping/spawn battles. That's it, it would be ludcris for an arena that basically promotes this.                IE. The first time I was called a bomb**** is when the rooks and bish had this no bombing pact or whatever. All it was is 25 bish tanks over running 2 rook tankers. Then camping the field.DR7 is the only SKILLED tanker I've fought.          More tommorow
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2009, 10:10:33 PM »
Ok here's my gripe.  1.the late war server has 3 arenas on it any way.       2.it would be a mini DA with a "late war" tag to it.           3. People gripe about how the AVA. Is our playground for us regulars.basically giving this third arena would giving a playground to no one.                 4. The only gv battles I see are spawn camping/hanger camping/spawn battles. That's it, it would be ludcris for an arena that basically promotes this.                IE. The first time I was called a bomb**** is when the rooks and bish had this no bombing pact or whatever. All it was is 25 bish tanks over running 2 rook tankers. Then camping the field.DR7 is the only SKILLED tanker I've fought.          More tommorow

So you are saying that this would be a problem because its already a problem?  At least in this case 1 side won't get all the bases and end it all.

It has everything your little heart desires that's already in the LW MA's, + an area with other options.  So, it would promote both instead of one or the other.

I still think people are focusing on the GV aspect too much.  I see people flyin around Tanktown and Fighter town all the time.  Especially when #'s are low which is why this whole topic was created.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 10:22:46 PM by DMBEAR »

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2009, 10:14:22 AM »
 4. The only gv battles I see are spawn camping/hanger camping/spawn battles. That's it, it would be ludcris for an arena that basically promotes this.
:rofl You must not GV much then.

DR7 is the only SKILLED tanker I've fought.         
Their is a lot of good/great tankers out their, you must not tank much.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2009, 10:30:03 AM »

BTW, TT isn't really Tank Town anymore. TT concept died 2 years ago. A few guys still tanking on NDisles, but it's only a shadow of it's past. And do you even know that the Tank Town area on Trinity was once the busiest part of the map, with a hundred players & more? Now it's completely empty...

It's still pretty active on NDISLES. But you are right on Trinity. It's very odd no one GV's on it. It's a perfect map for GV'ing too.
No one knows what the future may bring.