Author Topic: Hitech pros and cons of a 3rd LW arena?  (Read 3143 times)

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
Hitech pros and cons of a 3rd LW arena?
« on: June 15, 2009, 05:11:48 PM »
Hitech I believe 33.33% of the current players would be tickled pink if a 3rd map was added.  33.3% may not seem like much, but this would make the Orange arena less congested and provide yet another alternative to the Blue arena.

May I suggest Ndisles or Ozkansas which are both well know tank town maps.  Both of these maps would allow constant Air battles as well as Land battles.

You could call it Late War Red and try it for a short period and see the response from the community. 

<Salute>
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 05:37:55 PM by Belial »

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
Re: Hitech pros and cons of a 3rd arena?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 05:12:59 PM »
Seriously....
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 05:14:42 PM »
Id enjoy an Ndiesel. :aok
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 05:32:33 PM »
Id enjoy a Vin diesel. :aok

You would

:D
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: Hitech pros and cons of a 3rd LW arena?
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 06:10:29 PM »
What would the point be? I don't think there are enough people to keep three arenas with an adequate number of players except maybe during prime time- during off times there's already a lack of players with the 2 arena system.
I don't think I've ever seen a time when the two arenas are congested like on Tuesdays.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 06:27:08 PM »
I'd like to see new maps but another LWA? Like the ones we already have?

Tonight I was thrilled to see some actual historically accurate missions using the correct air craft. I wish the game would go that route somehow. Not that they dont try but it would be nice to see the player base play the game per history more. If somehow a 3rd arena could be made to follow that type of play then I'd be for it.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 06:34:35 PM »
My point is the arena would be popular because it would employ more popular maps that would ease the pressure on the late war orange sydrome.  If theres a gnarly furball in orange on the map ozkansas then there could also be a wicked furball goin on ozkansas in LW Red. 

Say you are flying with your squad and you dont care for the map in blue and orange is full, hey what about LW Red I hear theres an awsome gv fight goin on in Ndisles.

Or hey guys I got discoed and cant get into orange i'm stuck in blue, whanna go to Red as a squad and fly together? 

There are certain maps that invariably arent that popular, Ndisles and Ozkansas are both excellent maps for creating fun.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 06:41:09 PM »
My point is the arena would be popular because it would employ more popular maps that would ease the pressure on the late war orange sydrome.  I

No it would not.

How do I know that? Because when Ndisles or Ozkansas are up in Blue, it's still the same as if it would be any other map - 90% of players are in Orange until arena caps go into effect. And even after that there is no difference in distribution of player numbers between Orange and Blue compared to days when those two maps are not up.

If it doesn't change player behaviour now, how should it work when there's an additional 3rd arena?

BTW, TT isn't really Tank Town anymore. TT concept died 2 years ago. A few guys still tanking on NDisles, but it's only a shadow of it's past. And do you even know that the Tank Town area on Trinity was once the busiest part of the map, with a hundred players & more? Now it's completely empty...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 07:02:05 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 06:45:39 PM »
"Heavy metal" arena.  Have the same settings except...

No capturable bases in Tanktown or fighter town.  No ords in Tt or ft.  No whirbles/ osti's, or Il2's/B25's enabled in FT or TT.

Rest of the map would be normal as far as base taking.

Of course, it might get more popular than either Orange or blue.  :huh
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 06:47:36 PM by DMBEAR »

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 07:08:22 PM »

No capturable bases in Tanktown or fighter town.  No ords in Tt or ft.  No whirbles/ osti's, or Il2's/B25's enabled in FT or TT.

Server would probably crash due to all of the high activity that would be going. That arena would bring more #s in 1 arena, than Titanic Tuesday. :)

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 08:23:54 PM »
BTW, TT isn't really Tank Town anymore. TT concept died 2 years ago.
:( But true.  :(
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 08:26:53 PM »
Well, isnt it the same as the DA.

A tank town in the lower corner of the map and a huge furball in the middle  :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

yaaaaaayyyy
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 08:31:13 PM »
I'd like to see new maps but another LWA? Like the ones we already have?

Tonight I was thrilled to see some actual historically accurate missions using the correct air craft. I wish the game would go that route somehow. Not that they dont try but it would be nice to see the player base play the game per history more. If somehow a 3rd arena could be made to follow that type of play then I'd be for it.

:aok
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 08:44:45 PM »
I wouldnt go as far as to get rid of ordinance as much as I hate getting bombed Hitech doesnt want his arenas split up.  I do however believe uncapturable bases in TT would promote greater and more fun fights.

I think it would be different than what we have now lusche, if the people who enjoy gv battles and furballs over Ndisles have a choice they will come.  If all the die hard gv'ers are in LW RED the Orange arena crowd might go man wheres the gv fight at?  I think if Hitech puts this in place for one month we can get a good crowd going.

This would only be enticing with maps that promote good gv fights Ndisles is the closest we have to perfection.

Calling it a Heavy Metal arena would be OK, I'm not suggesting airplanes wouldnt be allowed in. 

I dont think theres a problem with how things are now, however this would provide more options. 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 08:59:50 PM by Belial »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 09:01:01 PM »
I think it would be different than what we have now lusche, if the people who enjoy gv battles and furballs over Ndisles have a choice they will come.  If all the die hard gv'ers are in LW RED the Orange arena crowd might go man wheres the gv fight at? 

Why don't they do that already?

At my prime time, arena numbers are usually like 2000 Orange 30 Blue. If Ndisles is up in blue or not makes no difference. If the tankers do not go to blue for NDisles now, why would the go into a 3rd arena?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman