Author Topic: Do you fly one country only?  (Read 2198 times)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: Do you fly one country only?
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2009, 02:55:51 PM »
my squad is currently flying on rooks side this month, next month bish, then back to knights (home)..  Some squaddies had never flown other sides before, so we had a vote and here we are.. I think the ones who expected some big huge difference are figuring out everyone's pretty much the same on all sides..  
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2009, 02:56:30 PM »
But, I have tended to notice that the Bishops seem to fly more NOE missions... the rooks seem to fly higher, be better sticks... and they both seem to be better at 'teh wor' than the knights.

This is something I had mentioned a different thread.  I am glad to hear others may have similar views on this.

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2009, 02:58:58 PM »
tried to go to bish for a bit only lasted for 10 minutes..Just felt awkward  :salute
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2009, 03:01:18 PM »
Hey Bubi,

Now not all three sides can be exactly the same. smokey brought up hording...I can tell you having fought and flown on all sides...It is the same as far as that go.

I'll have to agree Bubi...atleast once a month a knight comes in here on the BBS and claims their CVs aren't as strong, ack not as accurate, or their planes get knocked down easier. Why that is? I have no idea. It doesn't happen on the bishop side but once in a blue moon.

waystin - you aren't alone...I think most people notice it
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2009, 03:05:46 PM »
One thing that bugs me about the knights is that there're a lot of insanely paranoid people and armchair generals on that country. I don't know if this is normal throughout other countries, as it's been so long since I've switched, but it seems that there's almost always someone complaining about spies, cheating, how the knights never work together, how furballers are selfish or something, or how the game is rigged against the knights. It's funny at first but it gets old.

This being the first time I've flown Nit for a solid month I noticed this more than the other two countries. Only thing that really annoyed me with the nits is capturing CV's then sending them 12 sectors away from the fight. Not much fun for the Navy Squads that like to use them and use them properly.

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2009, 03:07:59 PM »
I generally fly rook, unless im winging up with Jarbo or Goose19 for some 2 shipping, then I may be rook, or bish, since they are both bish we take turns switching.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2009, 03:13:57 PM »
Yes I`m a knight and our squad 71 RAF stays knight

What he said.

Before joining a squad (that just happens to be strictly Knights), I thought about changing sides, but I'm not into HGTV, jewelry, and drinking cosmopolitans so I just figured I wouldn't fit in with the other two groups....  :lol

Seriously, I find about 110% of the fun I could possibly be looking for right where I am. Great squad, a group (knights as a whole, from my experiences so far) that is a lot of fun, very few whiners or people prone to outbursts, etc.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2009, 03:23:33 PM »
Always been a Bish.  We BoPs only fly Bish in the LW arenas, kind of a leftover from before the arena split.  In MW & EW we can switch as much as we want, but I personally don't know if any of us have or do.  We are perfectly content with our chess piece loyalty.  Some players look down on this and state their reasons, but that is who and what we are, and are happy that way.  To each their own.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2009, 03:50:37 PM »
Only thing that really annoyed me with the nits is capturing CV's then sending them 12 sectors away from the fight.

Talk about a subject that can make me gnash my teeth!  I have always considered them to be the ability to project force, start a fight, capture a field, not a treasure to be buried in case someone wants to take it from you.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2009, 03:51:08 PM »
I too am a BoP, which means I stay Bish in the LW arenas. Like others have said, its not so much a loyality to a chess peice, but to the guys I have normal daily interaction with: The Flying Circus, Unforgiven, SEs, Ground Pounders, SwampDragons ect ect. That being said, when I pop into mid war, I go to the side with the least amount of people.

Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2009, 04:15:08 PM »
Hey Bubi,

Now not all three sides can be exactly the same. smokey brought up hording...I can tell you having fought and flown on all sides...It is the same as far as that go.

I'll have to agree Bubi...atleast once a month a knight comes in here on the BBS and claims their CVs aren't as strong, ack not as accurate, or their planes get knocked down easier. Why that is? I have no idea. It doesn't happen on the bishop side but once in a blue moon.

waystin - you aren't alone...I think most people notice it
There is 2 types of hording. An organized and an unorganized horde. The organized being setting up of missions and 30+ going to smack some undefended base. The unorganized one of course being that friendlies just see the green dar bar and wanna piece of the action. What smokey is talking about are the organized missions. We used to be a bish born squad and we toured we noticed the sides did have a common theme among them.
Bish can really be considered the land grabbers of the game. They generaly post several missions per day or if the feild is deacked..will run some freindlies over to kill the town and run troops in.
 Rooks are soley intent on killing you. More often then not, they look for the fight rather than reset the map.
Knights love the furballs, but on occasion once organized..are a jaugernaut. It all boils down to who is on and what mood they are in to do anything.

Chesspiece loyalty is ok if thats what you like to do..but I cant say enough how much you are missing out if you just stick to one. I like all 3 sides and the loyalty I have is to the squad and not country. We just adopted Rooks as ours because they fit more of what we like to do and dont scream bloody murder if we switch for a bit.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2009, 04:18:49 PM »
Yes I fly for one country.....at a time :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2009, 04:21:36 PM »
I flew for the Rooks for all but the last month and maybe two weeks in the past...can't wait to get back.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2009, 04:46:38 PM »
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2009, 05:02:18 PM »
          I hate all the countries we have therefore I now have no loyalty to anything but the furbie. I wanted to fly for Swaziland. Damn HTC leavin out Swaziland.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 06:45:49 PM by BillyD »
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW