Author Topic: Beta is out  (Read 4237 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Beta is out
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2009, 01:06:26 AM »
Flying with high detail I get very low FR. When high detail is off I cant tell how far away from the ground I am. Iv already ran into the ground thinking I wasn't near it, and also pulled off an enemy because I though we were both about to hit the ground only to find out I was more then 2k from the ground.

Noticed that too.  With low detail I had an ok frame rate but the ground was hard to judge.  And I need all the help i can get :)

Saddest thing I saw was someone actually killed the FH's at a fight.  40 people in there and someone in a beta is killing hangers to stop fighters flying.

Had some good fights with Batfink however.  That Brewster is gonna be a fun one.  I-16 will be a tougher bird to handle with that little rudder. 
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2009, 01:31:05 AM »

Whats the PANIC about ?

Really guys....its a beta test......not the finished article...get a grip chaps.

yep...always gonna be stuff to work out...
frogs are people too

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2009, 02:59:12 AM »
My frame rate only dropped below 60 once and that was when I was running something in the background.

Then again, Tildeath built this sytem for me.  :devil
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2009, 03:00:58 AM »
self shadows took me down to 30-40 fps but with it off everything maxed i stuck at 60.

I can't bring myself to play the old vresion again, it's twice the game, visualy, when working to full potential.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2009, 03:18:31 AM »
I found the shadows were really great, it is much easier to use the sun to blind a bandit to your attack than ever before.

I really like the new patch! It needs a little tweaking, but I would expect that from a beta.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2009, 04:38:27 AM »
Had some good fights with Batfink however.  That Brewster is gonna be a fun one.  I-16 will be a tougher bird to handle with that little rudder. 

I like the 239, but I have to say I like the feel of the I-16 better. I love making A6Ms over shoot then get a butt full of 20mms.

Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2009, 06:11:01 AM »
Aye, I remember the switch from AH to AH2, after they'd said they'd keep both versions running to avoid running customers off. Going by something HT said a few days ago in another thread, he's not looking to do it again. They lost a lot of customers over that- I think it  nearly killed HTC. Guess we'll see soon enough.

Performance does suck (this PC was built to AH2 Beta specs, when it was still 1.9something), but it looks good.

I don't recall AH running 2 arena side by side except AHII Beta.  On the other hand I recall the other sim doing 2 arena at once.  Now that did shag em bad and they still haven't recovered.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2009, 06:29:06 AM »
I forgot to mention that I disabled the High Res and saved 15 to 20 fps.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2009, 07:29:10 AM »
I held at 75 with eveything on. Need to go set max to 65. I will probably use shadows once the ammo counter bug is worked out. The only problem I had was losing bad guy icons in rear views. I expect it close to the ground but they weren't always on the deck when I lost them. I could still see the plane okay though. Anyone else notice this?
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2009, 08:08:51 AM »
Noticed that too.  With low detail I had an ok frame rate but the ground was hard to judge.  And I need all the help i can get :)

Saddest thing I saw was someone actually killed the FH's at a fight.  40 people in there and someone in a beta is killing hangers to stop fighters flying.

Nuts.. Second flight in the beta with barely 20 people in the arena... And while fighting a Brewster in an I16, a spit8 and tiffie found nothing better to do than barge right thru.  Couple of guys were flying formations to the center of the island to carpet GVs.  :huh
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2009, 08:12:50 AM »
Just for those of you's who havent played the Beta yet, Heres a look at the Vbase now. This was over TT

seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2009, 08:21:43 AM »
just a request?

those of you having trouble, post your system specs? it could give the rest of us an idea if we're going to have troubles or not..........

thanks
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2009, 08:37:11 AM »
Here was my experience CAP.

Dual Intel 2.2's
4gig ram
8400GS w/512mg
Vista Home Prem

System runs AHII very well, always pegged at 60fps with the sliders maxed, text is hires 1024.

Now, Beta runs at about 10-15fps with more or less these same settings. If I turn the ground effects off it jumps to 45-50fps, but it looks like your flying over a giant green marshmellow, like Larry said very hard to judge distances.

Also CAP check out this thread for more info: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,267446.0.html

« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 08:40:50 AM by Twizzty »

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2009, 08:45:30 AM »
Also a note: If you are ruining the ATI control panel, disable it, some people have seen a huge performance increase by disabling it.

HiTech

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2009, 08:53:55 AM »
My frame rate only dropped below 60 once and that was when I was running something in the background.

Then again, Tildeath built this sytem for me.  :devil

nw THAT made me feel better..........as i have one of his systems too.  :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)