Author Topic: 1 v 1 annual tournament  (Read 2145 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Re: 1 v 1 annual tournament
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2009, 10:10:25 AM »

Pure hogwash. Go ahead and name several sticks who no longer play because they got too good for the game.

I can't speak for any of them, but I could think of a several good sticks who don't bother anywhere near as much (if ever) with this game, and it seems like at least part of that reason is, indeed, that they've gotten too good to find what the MA has to offer "fun."

Still, I think they'd be much more likely to come back for the prospect of the 1v1 tournament in itself than for just some cash prize.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2009, 11:14:38 AM »
Like I said.... hogwash.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2009, 11:20:03 AM »
That's what KOTH is. No need to get cash involved. It'll just go bad quick.

Not really uptown.  Koth is a giant free for all where a lot of ganging and timid flying occurs.  Granted the cream will rise to the top, but a 1v1 bracketed tournament/monthly event and KOTH would be entirely different.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2009, 12:07:42 PM »

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2009, 12:22:17 PM »
No money.  More often than annual.   :aok
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2009, 12:28:19 PM »
Well all this talk... how about someone just take the initiative to get this organized.

Get everyone interested to sign up.  Ask the bracket challengers to arrange a time between them during that week.  If someone can't make it the other wins by default and advances.

Meet in the DA on the agreed day/time and dual your next opponent.  Best of 3.  Filmed duals.  PM results to whoever is keeping the bracket.  They post results with next match-ups and on to the next week.

Not sure who will get to pick the first plane but after that winners choice?

I'm in.

You're all welcome to change this if you'de like.  Lets just get started.

[EDIT]  I just had an idea.  I could create a small random number generator that could be used to randomly assign first planes for each series of duals.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 12:33:06 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2009, 01:01:30 PM »
it's funny i've been doing concentrated one on one fights at least half my overall time in aceshigh but most of the people here i meet in-game wont go to the da for some dueling...ever. If you want to fight, we can even post results if its the kudos incentive for most in this thread. Next time someone ask on 200 for some duels take them up on it, whoever they are. The complaints center around bad gameplay and poor player ethics. So when someone offers you what you want why do so many of you in the Ma and this thread decline the invitation?
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2009, 01:09:38 PM »
HTC is an LLC I believe.  They would not allow a cash prize, sorry.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2009, 01:24:58 PM »
Like I said.... hogwash.

Urchin still on your squad forum?  Why don't you talk to him about how he likes the game.

How about Nomak?  I seem to recall a long post of his a few years ago saying, in essence, he'd accomplished all he could.

Not that I'm even close to being one of the best sticks, but I also end up playing for about three weeks, getting bored, and quitting for three months.  It's been going on for some time.

Absolutely not hogwash.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2009, 01:26:40 PM »
the secret is seeing how bad you can be whilst still having fun....never gets old.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2009, 01:28:19 PM »
the secret is seeing how bad you can be whilst still having fun....never gets old.

Actually, the secret is getting you and several others into the DA for a few hours, but my life decisions aren't allowing that at the moment.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2009, 01:40:03 PM »
it's funny i've been doing concentrated one on one fights at least half my overall time in aceshigh but most of the people here i meet in-game wont go to the da for some dueling...ever. If you want to fight, we can even post results if its the kudos incentive for most in this thread. Next time someone ask on 200 for some duels take them up on it, whoever they are. The complaints center around bad gameplay and poor player ethics. So when someone offers you what you want why do so many of you in the Ma and this thread decline the invitation?

I've gone whenever challenged; usually after a little heated 200 exchange.  I've had fun every time.  Unfortunately those a few and far between.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2009, 01:42:58 PM »
I've gone whenever challenged; usually after a little heated 200 exchange.  I've had fun every time.  Unfortunately those a few and far between.

I can't tell you how many people I've befriended because of heading into the DA after a 200/PM exchange.  I'm starting to consider HOing everything in sight just to get some more appointments :D

Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2009, 01:55:12 PM »
Bald, you should log into the DA more often if a good 1 on 1 is what you really are after at the time. Just ask on open channel there is usualy someone who wants to fight.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2009, 02:46:48 PM »

Or how many times you can blame your monitor settings.   :D

Glad it got fixed though, just messin with ya bro.