Author Topic: Good reason to have a conceal and carry permit......  (Read 3432 times)

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Re: Good reason to have a conceal and carry permit......
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 03:03:36 PM »
^^^ and then you'd most likely go to jail.

Have fun in there... and don't drop the soap.   :D

Oh I think the self deffense aurgument would fly just fine when it's 50 to 1 odds and you jack one up.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 03:17:41 PM »
 1 word! teenagers.  safety and stupidity in numbers!

50 probably drunk teenagers walking down the road. No police? And seeing 50 drunk teenagers walking down the road. I'd probably move from the front yard to the back! Pulling a gun on someone probably would easily lead to retaliation. IMO
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 03:30:40 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline 71313

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 03:33:20 PM »
Actually, it's no big deal at all, and it has little if anything to do with hatred.

Otherwise, the release of "white men can't jump" would have stirred up riots across the nation...

(I'm assuming you picketed the theaters, of course)

your a real DA, GUYS LIKE YOU SHOULD BE CRUSHED

handle the business,before the business handles you

Offline Apeotomy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 03:37:12 PM »
Yes. The answer to prevent another incident like this is clearly to arm yourself to the teeth.  :rolleyes:

Offline Coshy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 03:53:17 PM »
Yes. The answer to prevent another incident like this is clearly to arm yourself to the teeth.  :rolleyes:

Yeah, bending over and dropping your drawers is a much better answer.
Currently flying as "Ruger"

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 04:10:56 PM »
he didnt bend over and drop his drawers...he stood up to them and took a beating.  If he had a gun this would have been a murder case one way or the other.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 04:57:36 PM »
NVM not gonna state my opinion.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2009, 05:02:50 PM »
if they're allowed to keep getting away with that poop, they will....and the law will do nothing, seeing as they're minors. they'll get a slap on the wrist. next weekend they'll be back out there.

it'll take either
1) their parents intervening, and teaching them
2) serious consequences for their actions from either the people they're trying to screw with, or the police. the police really can't do a whole lot, because again, they're minors. it'll only take a couple times before they learn to not keep doing the poop they're doing.

i can't put more of my opinion, as i don't wanna feel the banstick.........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Toof

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2009, 05:24:21 PM »
Whether you carry 50 rounds or not, you really think you can put them all with one shot center mass? Now if you're in the ISPCA with a 1911, then maybe, but that's stretching it..You shoot one in the head, plan to make 49 more of those before there are too many on you to move? This guy was in a lose lose situation as I read it, if he didn't try to help all 50 of them may have been on the one they initially attacked. One gun between the two "good guys" snatched by the bad guys would be more then enough to drop both of them. A gun on one of the 2 victims I think, would've made things worse. Just my honest opinion. Now 1v1 or 1v2 in a confrontation, that's a different case entirely.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2009, 05:27:51 PM »
Whether you carry 50 rounds or not, you really think you can put them all with one shot center mass? Now if you're in the ISPCA with a 1911, then maybe, but that's stretching it..You shoot one in the head, plan to make 49 more of those before there are too many on you to move? This guy was in a lose lose situation as I read it, if he didn't try to help all 50 of them may have been on the one they initially attacked. One gun between the two "good guys" snatched by the bad guys would be more then enough to drop both of them. A gun on one of the 2 victims I think, would've made things worse. Just my honest opinion. Now 1v1 or 1v2 in a confrontation, that's a different case entirely.

somehow i think that would/could only happen in the movies.

you only need to hit one though.....the rest will more than likely run like the dickens.........

oo...and i dont own any firearms......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Toof

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2009, 05:30:05 PM »
I'd like to know what you think about this LCCajun. Feel free to send me a PM if you don't want to post in this thread

Offline Toof

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 05:37:12 PM »
The nutshell point I wanted to make : 50 v 2 + wife, children..yeah, take a stand, but don't do it with a gun. How many of those 50 do you think wasn't carrying some sort of weapon. Gun, knife, screwdriver, whatever. The families involved in this incident are lucky, no one got killed. Even if you do pull a firearm and pop one, the other 49 who had their shanks in their pants, now have them in their hands....You don't beat those odds. I agree braining one would be pretty intimidating, but 49 pissed off youths just saw you kill their "homeboy" and they they have numbers. 1v1, one shot may send em packing, 1v2, probably the same result. 1v3, you've already got too many people to watch, unless they're lined up all nice and neat. 1v3+ I'd rather have a gun than not personally, but 1-2v50...this ain't Sparta.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2009, 06:28:00 PM »
Best case scenario with a weapon: You pull out the gun and make 50 youths back away and leave you in peace. You just won the first battle and started the war with a whole new set of rules. Never underestimate the vengence of wounded pride.

Get beaten on the floor and loose the war in one battle ensuring saftey for you family in the future even if it may cost you some permanent damage or even death. Brave man. Well done.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2009, 08:07:21 PM »
^^^^^^^^

:rofl

Thx for the laffies.
http://www.flamewarriors.net    Here kitty kitty...

Offline Apeotomy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2009, 08:11:31 PM »
Yeah, bending over and dropping your drawers is a much better answer.

And where did I suggest that? Nice try at flame baiting me though.

:lol