Author Topic: Good reason to have a conceal and carry permit......  (Read 3429 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Good reason to have a conceal and carry permit......
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2009, 10:58:07 PM »
The news story in and of itself is a loud and clear message that racism still exists on multiple fronts..

Of that there is no doubt.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2009, 10:59:09 PM »
Sadly some of the replies in this thread tell me loud and clear that racism still exists. 

Racism will always be with us, so long as humans exist. If you study history, and pay attention to the present, you will understand that human nature evolves very little, if at all.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2009, 12:02:25 AM »
he didnt bend over and drop his drawers...he stood up to them and took a beating.  If he had a gun this would have been a murder case one way or the other.

Don't know about Ohio, but in Texas (especially at night) it would be self-defense.
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2009, 12:10:12 AM »
Don't know about Ohio, but in Texas (especially at night) it would be self-defense.

Is there a vampire problem in your area?
http://www.flamewarriors.net    Here kitty kitty...

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2009, 01:02:08 AM »
Racism will always be with us, so long as humans exist. If you study history, and pay attention to the present, you will understand that human nature evolves very little, if at all.

I guess I've got more hope then that.  With the little guy at home, I think about that a lot as he grows.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2009, 01:11:24 AM »
I guess I've got more hope then that.  With the little guy at home, I think about that a lot as he grows.

You should have hope.  I'm confident he'll always be judged based on his merit by the people who matter.  As for the people who don't, who cares?
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2009, 01:57:12 AM »
you all open to your opinons of course :) I am actualy one of the brits that agrees with your guns laws. In this instance however i think the man was brave not to use a gun. I think this will be the end of the matter. No pride struck teenager is going to burn his house down while he sleeps in revenge now. Pulling gun would have just upped the stakes. Thats just my view of this incident and nothing to do with gun law.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2009, 03:02:32 AM »

Less witnesses so its your word against the dead guys.  :)

I wouldn't care if they were white, black, hispanic, asian, etc. I would have ran into the house and came out with my shotgun in one hand and my case full of shells in the other. I would have popped one round into the ground to get everyone attention and if they didn't stop, well lets just say the cops would have ran out of bodybags.

And I highly doubt, no matter how many there where, they would be stupid enough to charge a guy with a 12 gauge. People feel safe in numbers but as soon as any of the punks thought that their life was on the line they would have wet their paints while running away.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2009, 03:21:22 AM »
I gotta call IN on this one. So much flaming in here, I think I hear my smoke detector blaring...
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2009, 08:00:25 AM »
you all open to your opinons of course :) I am actualy one of the brits that agrees with your guns laws. In this instance however i think the man was brave not to use a gun. I think this will be the end of the matter. No pride struck teenager is going to burn his house down while he sleeps in revenge now. Pulling gun would have just upped the stakes. Thats just my view of this incident and nothing to do with gun law.

But it will not be the end of the matter. Now they will be emboldened to do it again. The next victim may not live.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2009, 08:19:33 AM »

Laws concerning use of deadly force are relaxed at night.  Technically you can use deadly force at night to stop criminal mischief on your property (although you'd probably still be sued in civil court)

The law in Texas states: ""A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect his property to the degree he reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, theft during the nighttime or criminal mischief during the nighttime, and he reasonably believes that the property cannot be protected by any other means."

And for those wondering what criminal mischief is:

"Criminal Mischief is committed if, without the effective consent of the owner, a person: 1) Intentionally or knowingly damages or destroys the property of the owner, or 2) Tampers with the property of the owner and causes momentary loss or sustained inconvenience to the owner or third person."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 08:27:17 AM by bcadoo »
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2009, 09:41:12 AM »

Why is it normal people always expect criminals to react rationaly?

It kinda sounds like you "agree with our gun Laws" you just dont agree that we should actually use them.

Where I come from we call injuries that result in 5 days in the ICU as "great bodily harm".
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2009, 10:05:54 AM »

One would hope that it will continue to become less the norm, as it has. It would do so even faster if there were not so much "profit" to be made from it. But it will never be eliminated, because of said "profit" on the part of a few.

SaVaGe

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2009, 10:40:41 AM »

Dusk till dawn the rules change some here in Texas.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline sntslilhlpr6601

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2009, 12:25:57 PM »
I don't think anyone in this thread would be saying the use of a gun in this situation is the wrong decision if he and/or his family got killed. I agree that the guy was brave going up against such numbers, but if someone died all anyone would be saying is: too bad he didn't have a gun. I'd much rather have to fear retaliation than for me or my loved ones to get killed. You can always move.