Author Topic: Good reason to have a conceal and carry permit......  (Read 3430 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: Good reason to have a conceal and carry permit......
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2009, 08:17:16 PM »
If he was attacked by 50 some odd teens, a gun would only get him killed. It's probably for the best that he -didn't- have one. yeah taking a beating sucks, but it's better than being disarmed and shot..

Your kidding right?

So whats the plan then if you run into a bunch that decides they want to beat you to death instead of just beating you? For that matter why would anyone, even for a minute, think they should have to endure a beating?
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2009, 10:30:43 PM »
he didnt bend over and drop his drawers...he stood up to them and took a beating.  If he had a gun this would have been a murder case one way or the other.

Uhhh No.  Maybe in your screwed up part of the world.

Here if you or another is under threat of serious bodily injury, you may use deadly force.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2009, 10:33:33 PM »

Get beaten on the floor and loose the war in one battle ensuring saftey for you family in the future even if it may cost you some permanent damage or even death. Brave man. Well done.

Ya because somehow the victim miraculously knew ahead of time that the attackers would stop with just beating him and not killing him. He also saw in his crystal ball that they wouldn't sodomize his son and gang rape his wife and daughter.  Thank God for crystal balls over self defense.   :lol :rolleyes:

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2009, 10:34:14 PM »
he didnt bend over and drop his drawers...he stood up to them and took a beating.  If he had a gun this would have been a murder case one way or the other.

No. The self defense statutes, at least here in the U.S., clearly state that overwhelming numerical superiority on the part of the attackers makes lethal force justified and acceptable. In fact, a major size advantage, say my 225# compared to my wife's 120#, is also justification for the employment of lethal force.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2009, 10:36:05 PM »
Whether you carry 50 rounds or not, you really think you can put them all with one shot center mass?

There are many stories available that show people run and scatter when shots are fired. Do you really think that if the man drew and began firing that people would have pressed the attack? Come now, seriously.  The ones not taking lead would have run for the hills.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2009, 10:40:09 PM »
If he was attacked by 50 some odd teens, a gun would only get him killed. It's probably for the best that he -didn't- have one. yeah taking a beating sucks, but it's better than being disarmed and shot..

If someone had a gun, a couple shots would have sent the whole mob running, he would not have been disarmed, nor beaten.  A mob of young people will NOT charge a man firing a weapon.  Get real.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2009, 10:40:38 PM »
Best case scenario with a weapon: You pull out the gun and make 50 youths back away and leave you in peace. You just won the first battle and started the war with a whole new set of rules. Never underestimate the vengence of wounded pride.

Get beaten on the floor and loose the war in one battle ensuring saftey for you family in the future even if it may cost you some permanent damage or even death. Brave man. Well done.

Wrong answer again. If you are incapacitated, or worse, dead, there is no one left to protect your family. If they would beat you that badly, what is to prevent them from doing the same to your family?

Further, since they have beaten you, especially if they have beaten you to death, now your family are witnesses to the crime, and thus a threat to the attackers. They can only execute you once, regardless of how many you kill, so they might just as well wipe out your family, and lessen their chance of getting caught.

Your entire line of reasoning is flawed, not just seriously flawed, but fatally flawed.

Further, odds are if confronted with lethal force, even the large group will retreat, as no one wants to get shot. Only in the military does such discipline as that required to charge superior fire power exist.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2009, 10:44:49 PM »
It is human instinct to duck, cover, cower, and run at the sight or sound of something that could kill you instantly..  Doesn't matter if it's 5 or 50 of them..  The second someone hears a gunshot, they will take off in the opposite direction of the shots..  No one will run toward them..  Some of you make these kids sound like brainless warriors or something that will charge head-on into someone holding a gun pointed straight at them..  That's a load of crap..  First thing someone is going to say is "He gots a gun, dawg!!" and these scared little degenerates will scatter..  I don't care who you are, no one wants to get shot or shot at..  And if you want to make it more fun, mace 'em first, then shoot 'em..  Let your kids take turns..
Hell, if I didn't have a gun, I'd mow 'em down with the car....  

I don't think too many cops would have a problem with you and/or your wife shooting into a of crowd of 50 people that are intent on doing you and your family harm (assuming you are legally
carrying the weapon)..  There'd be no question that your life was in danger..  Fortunately, in this part of the world we are allowed to protect ourselves for the most part..
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 10:51:58 PM by Anodizer »
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline slimmer

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2009, 10:50:21 PM »
not gonna state my opinion
Member: Hot Soup Mafia -chokin chickin noodle
 Army of Muppets

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2009, 10:50:49 PM »
Sadly some of the replies in this thread tell me loud and clear that racism still exists.  
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2009, 10:54:34 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 06:01:02 AM by Skuzzy »
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2009, 10:54:56 PM »
Some of the replies indicate a severe Brawndo dependency. I didn't know they were selling it in Britain.  :lol
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2009, 10:55:23 PM »
Sadly some of the replies in this thread tell me loud and clear that racism still exists.  

If the article didn't tell you racism still exists, you aren't being told anything loud and clear.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2009, 10:55:39 PM »
I couldn't care less if they were black, white, brown or purple.

Any serious threat to my family would be dealt with harshly.

I could miss quite a few times and still take em all down, if need be.

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2009, 10:57:12 PM »

The news story in and of itself is a loud and clear message that racism still exists on multiple fronts..

Although it's not so much racism as it is culture-ism..  There are stand up people of every race and

degenerates in all races as well..  It sucks when things get stereotyped, but that's just the reality of it..

Incidents such as this feed the stereotype.. 

« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 11:02:08 PM by Anodizer »
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"