Author Topic: JESTER, to settle our argument earlier...  (Read 3850 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: JESTER, to settle our argument earlier...
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2009, 03:00:00 PM »
No, it doesn't.  Another noobs attempt to redefine long standing terms:  DENIED

Wrong again Steve...fail
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2009, 03:09:57 PM »
No, it doesn't.  Another noobs attempt to redefine long standing terms:  DENIED

of my entire post all you responded to was that, apparently you agree with the rest of it.
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2009, 03:13:40 PM »
Remember it takes 2 to HO and if you really know how to fly you can avoid the HO no matter what, if you dont like the HO then avoid it, dont fly straight into it like an idiot

If i wanted to have fun by manuevering aircraft, I would go offline and fly circles around the drones.

Again your wrong on HOs. The one who HOs is the one who pulls the trigger.

As for maneuvering I use it to kill folks like you all day long. You miss your Ho your pretty much done.

Steve forget this one... he's determined to fly under the highway. So be it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2009, 03:15:59 PM »
Wrong again Steve...fail

Two to merge, one to make it a HO.

I wasn't addressing you, noob. You should keep to one lame argument at a time. It's clear you'd rather bicker than anything else. The time I'm going to waste on you is over.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2009, 03:21:03 PM »
If some of what was posted in my direction is advice...no thanks...I tend to give advice in a way that makes it more likely to be received...(i.e. "some people really dislike having someone HO them, you can avoid it fairly easily by doing...blah blah blah.")...that's advice.

You don't get to choose the terms and conditions of advice in here any more than you would get to choose how a professor teaches you at your university.  Some are going to offer advice in ways that you like, and others won't.  This board certainly has its share of grumps.

You don't have to listen to it if you don't want to, but if you only accept counsel from people who sugarcoat it, you're losing out on half the board's knowledge :D
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2009, 03:28:01 PM »
of my entire post all you responded to was that, apparently you agree with the rest of it.

Flip, you are in a discussion with someone else about it, but since you(well me too) brought me in here's my 2 cents: if you choose to HO regulary on your merges you will often be reducing your chance at a successful mission to less than favorable odds.  Even if you win a mutual HO, chances are that you are going to suffer some damage too, thus ending your flight.  Statistically speaking, you'll get more fights, and therefore more kills if you don't use the HO as a first option.

I do agree with some of your post though, you are right about that:
One should become adept at avoiding the HO because it happens with frequency in the MA.
Flying bombers into a furball is a blast.

It's your $15.00 .. have fun but if you HO an experienced stick and you miss, you have really put yourself at a disadvantage for that fight.  :salute

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2009, 03:32:18 PM »
Again your wrong on HOs. The one who HOs is the one who pulls the trigger.

As for maneuvering I use it to kill folks like you all day long. You miss your Ho your pretty much done.

Steve forget this one... he's determined to fly under the highway. So be it.

This is like trying to convert an atheist to a catholic. (from me to you, and you to me)

No one is going to change their mind, no matter what anyone says.

Look I will not argue with or anyone about HOs anymore, (this goes for all who read this) I have been a member here since 04 despite what my forum title says, this is a different alias. It has been the same arguement since, and nothing has changed, we all have different views on everything, just cause one person who has been here for ages says one thing, does not mean that is more right or more wrong than a guy who just started a few months ago. In fact just because someone likes to HO does not mean that they can not maneuver, i have seen many vets who have done it, and you all know it. Thats all im going to say. Im here to engage in friendly discussions, not blood baths of arguments to the point of throwing my keyboard across the room.

I appologize for my rude comments.

But we all must understand that nothing is going to change, the noobs will always be here, like they always have, and the vets will always have their views and so will the noobs. Its a game, there is no right or wrong way to play a game IMHO

If you play it the way you want and you are having fun then thats what its all about. We are all gamers, each and everyone of us, and it seems like we forgot that along the way here.

EDIT:
Steve jsut read your comment, and I appologize to you for my attitude. Like i said above its about having fun, sometimes people like to be in a disadvantage in a fight, thats why i switch to the low pop countries alot, its what makes the game fun and if we all have fun in the end, thats what its about
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 03:35:00 PM by Flipperk »
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2009, 03:40:53 PM »

I wasn't addressing you, noob. You should keep to one lame argument at a time. It's clear you'd rather bicker than anything else. The time I'm going to waste on you is over.

Another virtual hero...I was over being a noob before you bought your first computer...in here some people may think you're a "top dog" but I and many like me live outside of this virtual playground you consider yourself the "all knowing master" of...so do yourself a favor and climb down off that booster seat and spare us the great show of indignant superiority.

Had you taken the time to answer in the same manner as you just did (see quote below) I wouldn't have pissed on your b.s.

Flip, you are in a discussion with someone else about it, but since you(well me too) brought me in here's my 2 cents: if you choose to HO regulary on your merges you will often be reducing your chance at a successful mission to less than favorable odds.  Even if you win a mutual HO, chances are that you are going to suffer some damage too, thus ending your flight.  Statistically speaking, you'll get more fights, and therefore more kills if you don't use the HO as a first option.

I do agree with some of your post though, you are right about that:
One should become adept at avoiding the HO because it happens with frequency in the MA.
Flying bombers into a furball is a blast.

It's your $15.00 .. have fun but if you HO an experienced stick and you miss, you have really put yourself at a disadvantage for that fight.  :salute
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2009, 03:43:23 PM »

But we all must understand that nothing is going to change, the noobs will always be here, like they always have, and the vets will always have their views and so will the noobs. Its a game, there is no right or wrong way to play a game IMHO

It's the vets' niche to help out the newbies...  They do that by passing along information that they have often learned the hard way.  Then the vets get to hear a bunch of people who are still a few steps behind completely contradict the advice, pull the "$15 card," and generally just pass along misinformation.  That right there will go a long way towards increasing rudeness on the vets' part.

You're right in that "time played" doesn't necessarily correlate to "better advice," but I wouldn't bet on it.

And yes, everyone here has taken a "front quarter shot," or "HO," depending on what you want to call it.  Most have probably done so a few times this past week (I sure have).  But, overwhelmingly, the players who know what they're doing do not approach a single bandit with the intention of shooting him before the first merge.  It is a horribly unsound tactic.  There are almost always better options.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2009, 03:46:17 PM »

EDIT:
Steve jsut read your comment, and I appologize to you for my attitude. Like i said above its about having fun, sometimes people like to be in a disadvantage in a fight, thats why i switch to the low pop countries alot, its what makes the game fun and if we all have fun in the end, thats what its about

Flip, no worries, and no apology needed.   :salute
Heck, if you switch sides to the lowest populated side regularly, we've crashed and burned together, for I do the same.   :lol

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2009, 05:50:32 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

wake up waystin, I got's an AK47 and some crack. Lets party.   :x

Woot woot I'll be there for Titanic Tuesday!!! :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2009, 09:58:35 PM »

<<<<<<<<<thinks ist's still the pile-it. i've seen f4f's, p40's, etc. take on planes that everyone says they can't.
A 4-Hog.....against P40E......all the hog has to do is run and climb even if it doesnt want to use every other advantage it already has :eek:
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2009, 10:06:08 PM »

I hate when people say it takes 2 to HO, where do they get this belief :noid
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2009, 11:44:15 PM »
guns are pointed forward for a reason

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2009, 11:45:28 PM »
guns are pointed forward for a reason

And tails are in the rear for a reason...  Point?

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder