Author Topic: I love my 190 a5!  (Read 4305 times)

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2000, 05:39:00 PM »
ok after flying the A5 today, it does NOT seem to be that fast of a plane.  Was run down by an A8 OTD.

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2000, 10:08:00 PM »
Again, I say it was a competent pilot. 190 pilots tend to be competent  

Fly one plane type for a year and you will know what I mean.

You can accuse them of hacking or game gaming, but that won't help.

And do not cry too much when those ones get their Dora.

[This message has been edited by Hristo (edited 06-22-2000).]

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2000, 10:51:00 PM »
Good Lord, the Wailing and Knashing of teeth when they do the Dora....

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2000, 01:01:00 AM »
LOL Hristo... the A5's the best thing the LW's gonna get for fightin on the deck.. superb powerloading and nimble as hell. Spent some time in one tonight and I'm impressed by how sweet it flies.. very smooth and with such a gentle break and stall it's arguably as smooth and easy to push hard in a max rate turn as the zeke, nik or spit..

..just wondering.. where's that wicked snap when pushed too hard the FW's were famous for?

As for the upcoming Dora's... truth is, they were dawgs in the dirt and u know it. Up high in spit dweeb country they will be contenders; but down where the good fights are in AH it's gonna be just another clumsy target. Gonna be a lotta dissapointed Luftwaffles and aggraveted strato buff drivers.

... and I ain't wailing or gnashing teeth...

(hang pounds on table)

See?

Hang
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2000, 01:26:00 AM »
Hang, here's the deal:

I will reopen my account when we get the Dora. It even doesn't have to have the red-white stripes of JV 44  . Then we will fight.

IMO, Dora is a combination 109 and 190, all good things in one plane. It will turn somwehere in the middle of A-5 and A-8. But it will be great for frustrating P 51D by its E income.

190A is a fantastic airframe with somwehat average engine.

109G/K is lousy airframe with superior engine.

Dora is superior engine in a very good airframe.

On the deck it will outrun/outclimb/outaccelerate any 190A varient, just like 109 does.

With alt, it will outdive most planes.

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2000, 01:27:00 AM »
I found that the Yak is faster on the deck that an 109a5    
today  shamus and i ran down rip.  rip and i were in 190s and shamus in a yak  at first when we were chasing rip shamus fell back  but flowly caught up  passing me to take him down.  the yak just takes some time to get up to speed.

Trell

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2000, 02:13:00 AM »
After utterly destroiying my k/d using the A5 to do Stupid Things(tm) for the pure fun of it, I am now back in the G10.

We need to dumb down A5. Now. It is too hard for me to kill in the G10 ;D

Now, seriously, I do have a small objection to the A5. Last night I had an e adv on a low A5, so I dived down, full wep. The A5 was going ast after a dive and it took me a good minute to reduce the speed difference - and it wasn't large too start with. A5 reverses flies through defenses at airbase where a Zero HO's me. A quick pull up and roll, then back to wep, 190 screaming along at near top speed. 0 g dive, I've lost a little speeed but not much, 190 was d300, sos hould be around d500-700 now.

It was at D1.3 and pulling away. This sort of surprised me. I've flown the A5 itself and F4U's have outrun me. Granted, the A5 might have been flown by an expert, but I sorta found it quite odd that it could extend on a 109 coming in high with full wep for so long. It took me nay minutes to get within a firing solution (and it was only because he reversed). Spent a good two or three minutes at full wep chugging away at the distance - which was only D1.3!

I dunno. Maybe it is pilot skills.

Real men fly 109's. Mommy boys fly A5's  

------------------
StSanta
II/JG2

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2000, 03:15:00 AM »
As far as I know, fuel loadout has TONS to do with speed. So every time I hear someone say "there's no way he shoulda caught me" etc., I find that rather suspect. Not to mention E states when going into the chase, or the acceleration characteristics of the two AC's. AFAIC, these kinds of claims are meaningless.

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bigpond.net.au/phoenix
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2000, 05:43:00 AM »

From D1.5 how long should it take to catch up? Is D1.5 1500Ft or 1500yards? Feet I think.

Sorry, but no cigar.  All distances in AH are measured in YARDS.. so D1.5 is 1500 yds (4500 feet).

Before complaining about relative acceleration rates, PLEASE take the time to learn the basics!

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2000, 07:03:00 AM »

Originally posted by StSanta:
I dunno. Maybe it is pilot skills.

Real men fly 109's. Mommy boys fly A5's  

I took to flying the A8 when I opened my AH account, on the assumption that if ya could master this beast, then ya had the rest mastered as well, after a while tho, I got tired of havin' my bellybutton handed to me, and picked up the NIKI, as it is just a Japanese version of the 190A5.
Now that I have the A5 in my hands all those flamin', screamin', painfully embarrassing deaths in the A8 are being vindicated!

Milenko has 9 kills and has been killed 0 times in the Fw 190A-5. OH MY!

Milenko has 16 kills and has been killed 16 times in the Fw 190A-8.

Milenko has 58 kills and has been killed 39 times in the N1K2.

The Great Milenko

You can kill me can't ya?

------------------
<< MILENKO >>
<===THE ASSASSINS===>Webpage

Offline mx22

• Zinc Member
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2000, 08:28:00 AM »
Hristo,

I don't know where you got that I was accusing someone of cheating or anything of this matter. Everything I had said so far was only in regards of how fast FW190A5 on the deck.
Btw, did test yesterday and I start to think maybe the guy was in FW190A8. Yak was definatly faster then A5. I guess I'll never find out the truth now
Ohh and confidence... I killed the guy anyway; lesson for others - confidence would not stop enemy from killing you.

mx22

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2000, 08:31:00 AM »

Originally posted by Trell:
I found that the Yak is faster on the deck that an 109a5    
today  shamus and i ran down rip.  rip and i were in 190s and shamus in a yak  at first when we were chasing rip shamus fell back  but flowly caught up  passing me to take him down.  the yak just takes some time to get up to speed.

Trell

That Yak is fast, but I ran out of WEP...so, I wonder...

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2000, 10:27:00 AM »
thats one of the things good and bad about the Yak   no Wep

Trell

-lazs-

I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2000, 09:10:00 AM »
mx22, you have hit on it.  There is nothing wrong with the A5 but.... The P51 and Hog should easily outturn the A5 at any speed.  When they fix the P51 and Hog then yes... They will have to fix all the other planes.   Some a little... Some more...  That would be a GREAT thing IMO.   Imagine if they gave the Hog the roll, and accelertation of the A5 and then made sure that it and the P51 easily outturned it at any speed, then.... Adjust the turn rates of all the other planes .... The game would be more accurate and fun and faster playing.  

rip has good reason for wanting me gone DOA and you are correct.... Soon this game will have little or no U.S. ac fans since IMO it has no U.S. ac that are fairly represented.

If they did a D9 and a -4 Hog at the same time.... My guess is that the D9 would out climb, out accelerate, out roll, out turn and have a higher top speed than the -4.... Truth is, climb should be identical at about 3900 fpm or so.... Accelleration should be the same.... -4 should have a better roll and turn and the -4 should be faster at all alts.
lazs

Offline F4UDOA

• Silver Member
      • http://mywebpages.comcast.net/markw4/index.html
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2000, 11:40:00 AM »
Jekyll,

Well I had no idea you were such an expert. If it is yards than how come at 500yrds the a/c in front of you fills up your windscreen?
Ever see an WW2 fighter from 500yrds? From 5 Football fields away it should look like a spec of toejam. Maybe it is yards not feet but I don't claim to be an expert in the world of Aces High or any other Game. But if you want to discuss WW2 A/C then I can tell you something. Funny I don't see you contributing any documentation from any source. Why don't you go buy a book and try posting something that was based in reality before you try to teach me the "basics".

F4UDOA