Author Topic: I love my 190 a5!  (Read 4306 times)

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2000, 01:56:00 PM »
Wow, I would never believe this if I haven't seen it here  

Bunch of whining and it ain't from Luftwobbles ?!?!

Pure 190 fighter varient gets introduced and all Allied types start sounding like RAF in 1942. Well, at least it is historical  

The A-8 you used to fight against was just weight training. Now the weights are gone.

Have fun, Luftwobbles. You deserved it  

[This message has been edited by Hristo (edited 06-22-2000).]

Offline mx22

• Zinc Member
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2000, 02:04:00 PM »
I don't whine Hristo, I'm just trying to find out why I couldn't catch up with fw190 low on deck.
One thing you right in is, it's fun to see all LW boys dearly defending their new ride

mx22

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2000, 02:20:00 PM »

Originally posted by mx22:
I don't whine Hristo, I'm just trying to find out why I couldn't catch up with fw190 low on deck.
mx22

They don't fly with weights anymore.

Most of succesfull 190 pilots are dedicated 190 enthusiasts. They flew A-8 for months, against planes better in most aspects. They learned how to survive in it. Now they got a better version for fighter work. You are seeing the result  

Imagine what would happen if they got the Dora. But, the longer they wait for Dora, the more dangerous they will be in it. Remember that.

Spend some time in A-8 and you will rule in any other plane.

[This message has been edited by Hristo (edited 06-22-2000).]

Offline mx22

• Zinc Member
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2000, 02:26:00 PM »
Hristo,

Weights, or no weights but HTC charts show Yak9 some 15mph faster then FW190. Now I want someone to either point something that I did wrong while flying Yak9, or adjust charts/FW190A5 perfomance.

mx22

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2000, 02:31:00 PM »
mx22, were you trimmed out to optimal. Not suggesting you did anything wrong, just trying to obtain information.
Heck, even if you weren't, don't know if that would cause a 15+mph difference.
Wells!!!! Funked!!! Where are ya?

------------------
Apache
The Blue Knights

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2000, 02:32:00 PM »

Hristo,

Weights, or no weights but HTC charts show Yak9 some 15mph faster then FW190. Now I want someone to either point something that I did wrong while flying Yak9, or adjust charts/FW190A5 perfomance.

mx22

I'd say it was the pilot :P

-lazs-

I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2000, 02:50:00 PM »
aksseawulf.... you have a point, it is very early to tell and the lag time appeared to be awfull but.... It appears that the A5 was easily outturning p51's and hogs and was doing a very good job against the lag in turn and besting it in acceleration.   Offline i can make the A5 turn better than the P51 or the Hog.   If this sim thinks any 190 can turn with, much less best a 51 or a Hog then... I'm with DOA... call me when they fix it.

Oh, what do you think they should do?   Keep the A5 as is and fix the 51 and Hog?   That would get my vote... faster game.
lazs

Offline mx22

• Zinc Member
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2000, 02:56:00 PM »
Hristo,

Do you imply that guy was wearing protable jet engines to speed up his plane?   Can I have those please????  

-lazs-,

If you correct 51 and Hog, please dont forget to fix all other planes by the same amount, or with all this adjustments we might end up with 51s turning better then Spitfires one day. How do you think I'll feel then?

mx22

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2000, 02:59:00 PM »

I'm with DOA... call me when they fix it.

lazs[/B]

I think you've stumbled onto  the fastest 'fix'...cya Lazs!  

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2000, 03:08:00 PM »

Hristo,

Do you imply that guy was wearing protable jet engines to speed up his plane?   Can I have those please

Heh...wich was the starting speed? was him 0G accelerating? remember, Yak is draggy, and doesnt accelerate in a 0G like a 190 should...where you 0g-ing? I bet he was. I do it always if I can, pull up a bit, pull down a bit, and so. It helps me having better speed for a longer time.

Offline wells

• Copper Member
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2000, 03:12:00 PM »
I've only tested F4u-1D and 190A5 so far (100% fuel)

The F4u is faster on the deck (346/357) vs 327/340 for the 190.  I was able to fly both planes within 5% of theoretical turn radii, the 190's is larger by about 10m (290 vs 300).  The 190 flies it's circle much faster than the F4u (175 mph vs 130 mph) and thus can complete the circle faster (24s vs 31s).  
Are the turn 'rates' correct??  I don't know, but personally, I feel the sustained turning speeds are on the slow side.

Offline F4UDOA

• Silver Member
      • http://mywebpages.comcast.net/markw4/index.html
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2000, 03:24:00 PM »
Zigrat,

I think you have stumbled onto a solution. I am usually up at 11:00PM EST or -4GMT flying my beloved U-Bird and I known your out there at the same time because I keep getting messages that say "Zigrat shot you down". Why don't we jump into the SEA(no punn intended) and do a little drag racing and turn comparison. You are a better stick than I am but I have allot of time in the F4U so we can get a good report and post it tommorrow. We can even switch mounts to make sure we get the same results when testing. F4U, P-51, A-5.

Also Hristo I understand that your tactics in the A-8 have improved your skills in the A-5 but straight ahead speed is not a factor in AH. Either you are straight ahead full speed WEP or not. No skill really. And Ripsnort you don't want me or Laz to leave really. Then you would be stuck with an entire arena of A-5's doing Luftberry circles wearing Laderhosen sitting at your PC listing to Wagner eating Bratwurst. Not a pretty picture or a good time  

Also could someone please explain what a warp roll is and why I am seeing them only now with the A-5??

Seeya
F4UDOA

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2000, 03:33:00 PM »
mx22
1 - I suppose the A5 you see in HT charts is 4x20 gunned. Perhaps that guy loaded only 2x20.

2 - x% of fuel in an aircraft = y gallons. x% of fuel in another aircraft = z gallons. So, same %fuel left implies very different weights. What I mean is that 75% fuel loaded A5 could be slower than 75% fuel loaded Yak, but, perhaps, 25% A5 is faster than 25% Yak.

Offline mx22

• Zinc Member
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2000, 04:06:00 PM »
I'll do a test for Fw190A5s highest speed on the deck when I get home. I'll post results tomorrow - heh I visit this BBS only from work, home I'm busy enough with other stuff, including flying in the arena

mx22

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
I love my 190 a5!
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2000, 04:59:00 PM »
FU4DOA and Zigrat.. I'd say you both were superb experten in your preferred plane types, and I have some clue as to how to get a pony to turn. Between us; we should be able to give our birds good representation.

Count me in.. give me a shout tonight at 11:00 eastern for trials in the SEA. I'll be in the main; getting my comeuppance.  

Test regimine.. accel from takeoff to to full wep top speed on the deck; Time and MPH.

Level top speed wepped at 5k, 10k, 15k.

Compartitive flat turn performance, turn diameter and speed.

... and maybe after the races we can have some fun.  

Lighten up folks.. it ain't the end of the world; it's just another new plane being examined for relative performance against it's contempories. If it ain't right, no biggie.. it'll get fixed. I had a coupla wonderful weeks in the pony from heaven till it was gelded.. why not let the Lufwobbles have a bit of fun too? It's nice to see the LW boys get something that's more to their liking..  

As far as changing the FWa5's FM.. believe me; Pyro is a rock on this stuff.. he ain't gonna change nothing untill he performs his own evlauations. All our tests will do is satisfy our curiosity as to it's place in the game.

Salute Zig; BTW for an outstanding on the deck level turnfight with that new a5 of yours the other night; and I apologise here in public for my teasing in the text buffer. You won that fight.. and yes; I broke off when the choice became one more turn and auger or slide into your guns. That one had me stumped.. first time I ever had an FW of any type in any sim make 6 revolutions flat on the deck; gaining on my pony in each turn. (you indicated that u have film... may I get a copy?) Superb flyin.

Now lets go find out why it can do that...

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.