Author Topic: Oh dear I wish I DIDNT HAVE TO SAY THIS  (Read 4608 times)

Offline A8Jaraxl

• Zinc Member
Re: Oh dear I wish I DIDNT HAVE TO SAY THIS
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2009, 08:48:27 AM »
They tested beta and did not work out the major problem's i have.I don't think they will.I'll wait a month.

What problems are you having?

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2009, 08:54:32 AM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,266866.0.html

It was explained...clearly. As for spoonfeeding..........

Like I said not everyone who plays the game reads the forumn. I do read it and I didnt see that one.
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2009, 09:07:30 AM »
Hitech , can you explain this behaviour please ?

When I enter first sceen (before even loggin in to an arena ), I get strutters every 3-5 seconds  usb mouse and sceen hangups.
What I do to "cure" this is I chose another "max texture setting than 1024" , and then back again to 1024 max texture setting.

Now everything work as a charm for me inside game and in the menu before entering arenas.
I do this every time I login.

WinXP professional
Opteron 185 (2.6gighz *2 )
2 gig ram
Nvidia 8800gts 320 meg ram
resolution 1920 * 1200
framerate over 60 fps at all times except flying through smoke
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline A8Jaraxl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2009, 09:14:38 AM »
Like I said not everyone who plays the game reads the forum. I do read it and I didn't see that one.

So HTC should be responsible for your lack of knowledge?

Are you suggesting that he send a newsletter to every house that contains a subscriber?...wow wait.. what if you do not open your mail..drats then you will come and complain that he did not have the mail person open the mail, tie you to a chair and read it to you...but what if you just do not listen... I guess he should impart the information via telepathy to you. Wait that will not work either, as it has already been shown, your skull is to thick to accept incoming messages.

Seriously, all the information on the game, patches, future idea's, game related text is on these forums. It is not his fault that you choose to walk in ignorance and do nothing to educate your self and a complete lack of due diligence on your part. It is not his fault that you seem to think everything in life and business should work 100% every time for your convenience. If you (as you claimed) know nothing about programing or how a game is made, progressed, and supported then do us all a favor, state your problem in a clear and mature manner with any technical information you can muster. Say thankyou and wait for a reply. You expect customer service..how about some customer appreciation in return?

Offline A8Jaraxl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2009, 09:15:34 AM »

When I enter first sceen (before even loggin in to an arena ), I get strutters every 3-5 seconds  usb mouse and sceen hangups.
What I do to "cure" this is I chose another "max texture setting than 1024" , and then back again to 1024 max texture setting.

Now everything work as a charm for me inside game and in the menu before entering arenas.

WinXP professional
2 gig ram
resolution 1920 * 1200

What driver version are you running currently?

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2009, 09:46:41 AM »
It was explained...clearly. As for spoonfeeding..........
If that doesn't work, there is always a suppository.

You all are welcome for that mental image.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2009, 10:30:48 AM »
So HTC should be responsible for your lack of knowledge?

Wait that will not work either, as it has already been shown, your skull is to thick to accept incoming messages.

I am trying to explain some commercial realities associated with achiving a bigger market place. Gemnerally I judge all internet service proiders by the same standards but HTC is a tiny company by comparison with the others I deal with. So why was I unusually pissed off with HTC in this instance.

Answer:

1)  I had problems with understnding the meaning of the patch and how it usually pans out like others judgeing from their posts on here.

2) Other companies I deal with (Large multi nationals) have a less computer literate less stakeholder orientated client base.

3) Other companies I deal with (Large multi nationals) have individuals and depertments trained in customer relatitions who understand the importance of re assuring and involving thier customers at every stage in a very direct and obvious way.

Those not catered for by HTC

Those who lack  knowledge and or have a certain lifestyle i.e. some people just play the game occasionally because they are busy and dont want to take the time to understand more than that. They certainly dont spend allot of time in here.

Answer is as a service provider you make it easy for them because they are probably the better part in size anyway of the pottential market. You make it easy on yourself. HENCE THE MESSAGE.

"Here is the latest patch, their are likely to be some temporary issues, please report them via (link or address) and we will resolve them as soon as we can, thanks for your patience and continued support"

Very common practice where the sevice provider is a large multi national company and many of the users do not want to become intimately involved with the software issues and read forumns.

Now read this post and read yours again. Particularly note the lack of an abussive tone and the air of patience:lol
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 10:35:17 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2009, 10:35:28 AM »
Hmm, do the companies you deal with (Large multi national) have spell check?   :cool:

Offline A8Jaraxl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2009, 11:14:19 AM »

I am trying to explain some commercial realities associated with achiving a bigger market place. Gemnerally I judge all internet service proiders by the same standards but HTC is a tiny company by comparison with the others I deal with. So why was I unusually pissed off with HTC in this instance.

Answer:

1)  I had problems with understnding the meaning of the and how it usually pans out like others judgeing from their posts on here.

2) Other companies I deal with (Large multi nationals) have a less computer literate less stakeholder orientatied client base.

3) Other companies I deal with (Large multi nationals) have individuals and depertments trained in customer relatitions who inderstand the importance of re assuring and involving thier customers at every stage in a very direct and obvious way.

Those not catered for by HTC

Those who lack  knowledge and or have a certain lifestyle i.e. some people just play the game occasionally because they are busy and dont want to take the time to understand more than that. They certainly dont spend allot of time in here.

Answer is as a service provider you make it easy for them because they are probably the better part in size anyway of the pottential market. You make it easy on yourself. HENCE THE MESSAGE.

Here is the latest patch, their are likely to be some temporary issues, please report them via (link or address) and we will resolve them as soon as we can, thanks for your patience and continued support"

Very common practice where the sevice provider is a large multi national company and many of the users do not want to become intemately involved with the software issues and read forums.

Now read this post and read yours again. Particularly note the lack of an abussive tone and the air of patience:lol

If the truth is abusive in your eyes, this is not my fault or really my problem. You where told many times by many people and yet you still relegated to argue. Patience? HA, you have shown none, the patch was out for 1 day and you where on here making "abusive" remarks to HTC. You can navigate your way to this forum but seem to lack the skill to navigate your way to the other forums? Because all the information your asking about is there, in nice black print  :O. There is a nifty phone number you can call in order to ask question as well, did you call? Did you ask? Or did you decide to base your prior thoughts on the Beta, patches, support off heresay, or how YOU thought it should work? It is clearly obvious that you did not try in any way to find the information that you said you looked for. I am willing to bet if we go through these forums there is not one post of you asking where any of this information is, until you complained about it.
I guess the rest of us just happened to know about the beta, just happened to know the process of how issues in games are worked out, hell we just happened to know where these forums with all this customer service information that you conveniently "missed" is. Ohh that's right, because we are experienced gamers.. hmm curious how we came about that experience... Osmosis?.. I think not, we got on the forums, asked questions, read information for ourselves and learned. We did not expect to be spoon fed information that is completely available to us already on this site or via a simple phone call.

Say all you want, but the simple truth is the problem is not HTC, it is your lack of action. You are the type of person that would buy a Gun, not read the instructions, or take a class on firearm safety and then sue the company or store that made it/sold it to you because you shot yourself in the foot, all because no one told you that the safety was on the left side of the trigger.

Ohh and in your quest to be better then the rest of us.. the Spell Check is the second button to the RIGHT (this is opposite of left) of the post button. Seeing as how you figured out how to post, but customer service has not yet told you about the spellcheck function. Let me help you, you take your mouse (that's the things that moves the funny little arrow on your screen) and you click  (with the Left mouse button just like you do to post) SPELL CHECK. If you are using a left handed mouse then these instruction are backwards please see customer support for further details. Now a screen will pop up, and for every word that is not commonly found in the dictionary, you will be given an option with several suggested spellings on what you might be trying to say. You have 4 options at this point. To the lower right of the box that popped up, you  will see many word suggestions. You may choose one of these or simply left click in the text box to the left and rewrite the word or phrase you intended. You can select: Change (this will change the word to the spelling suggested in the left text box), Change ALL (This will change every word that is spelled exactly like this one to what is suggested in the left text box), Ignore(this will ignore only this one word), Ignore all (this will ignore all of the words spelled exactly like this one), When you are finished a small box will appear your LEFT CLICK, the OK button with your mouse, remember the mouse? This will close spell checker with all your changes made. There, this seems to be the kind of customer service you want (and need) to function properly in this environment. So, did you really want what you asked for. Personally I don't like being treated like an idiot, but perhaps this is what you need in order to be "better informed of what is already in front of you".

Offline A8Jaraxl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #114 on: August 03, 2009, 11:15:50 AM »
Hmm, do the companies you deal with (Large multi national) have spell check?   :cool:

:rock You beat me to it I was adding it to the bottom of my post. You would think someone so involved in customer support would be more aware of the clearness at which they communicate.

And let me add this one thing. I know of no customer service that goes out of its way to give you information when YOU DO NOT ASK FOR IT FIRST. That is unless they are trying to sell you something along with it.

So DID you ask Yarbles, did you take the time to try and find out? Did you inform HTC that you where in need of Support? For this is the basis of Customer Support, to support customers with a NEED. If you do not make you NEEDS known in a mature and informative manner, then there is no support. To cry about the support you did not get when you did not inquire about it is rather lame to say the least. That is like saying " I was dying from thrust and he did not give me any water".. to which you buddy might ask "Did you ask him for water" to which you would replay a prompt "No...".

See the problem yet, or are you still unable to receive incoming messages?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 11:24:43 AM by A8Jaraxl »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2009, 11:53:44 AM »

WinXP professional
2 gig ram
resolution 1920 * 1200

That is one of the more bizarre things I have heard of.

HiTech

Offline A8Jaraxl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2009, 11:57:46 AM »
That is one of the more bizarre things I have heard of.

HiTech

I am curious if this happens to him while loading any other high quality pictures while a game loads, personally. Or if this is a video card/CPU refresh rate issue while loading the game parameters for his PC.

BF2142 had a problem similar to this when the loading animation would start, a great deal of peoples computers would hang on it for a few sec. It was bad enough they released a patched exe file that no longer loaded the animation. It was found to be a problem in the coding of the queue of events with certain hardware setups.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 12:00:47 PM by A8Jaraxl »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #117 on: August 03, 2009, 01:07:47 PM »
Hitech...

When I log on my hair changes color. What's up with that.  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2009, 01:13:34 PM »
Hitech...

When I log on my hair changes color. What's up with that.  :D

I think it has something to do with the fact that you're like 90 years old. At your advanced age you should just be thankful you have any!  :rofl :rofl
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2009, 01:18:29 PM »
What's all the crying about, I love the new version and knew the bugs would be sorted out sooner rather then later.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."