Author Topic: Oh dear I wish I DIDNT HAVE TO SAY THIS  (Read 4604 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Oh dear I wish I DIDNT HAVE TO SAY THIS
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2009, 01:22:17 PM »
I love the new version and knew the bugs would be sorted out sooner rather then later.

Why the past tense? You could install more hope in me by saying "I know the bugs will be sorted out"...

Or don't you want me to have any hope?  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2009, 01:25:13 PM »
What's all the crying about, I love the new version and knew the bugs would be sorted out sooner rather then later.

+1

The Few GFC

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2009, 01:44:25 PM »
Save: I had one more thought, are you possibly running with Vsync off?

HiTech

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2009, 06:03:50 PM »
A8 jaraxl and Shreck dont get in a Tizzy over this. I am just suggesting how I think this can be better done. Never mind the pedantry over spell check etc. I have some experience and I thought I would share it.

Like I said earlier I wish HTC well.

I was suprised I got upset over this as I regularly have to deal with this sort of situation so Identified the missing element.   

"Here is the latest patch, there are likely to be some temporary issues, please report them via (link or address) and we will resolve them as soon as we can, thanks for your patience and continued support"

I regularly have these problems in my businees and when it happens I tend to straw poll the support people. They tend to me more customer orientated but they are trained to be and High Tech is a small show that I really hope prospers. 

Now please fellas no more vitriol. No more "your the kind of person this and that": we have all had bad experiences with people who are so far this way or that but I think if you read my last posts I am a pretty reasonable sort of chap and dont deserve these generalisation heaped on, I wish you both well and please take it easy. BTW something is overiding my spell check in Vista maybe I should call microssoft and give them a hard time. No matter what I say they will probably remain prioffesional and impersonal but not attend anywhere as quickly as HTC :D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 06:16:24 PM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2009, 08:19:52 PM »
Yarbles,
The beta has been available for all players for weeks. The Forums are available to read and did any of your squad take a look? We all had problems during the Beta release. I have a fairly nice PC (built in Feb 2009) everything new except the mouse pad! :) I couldn't fly near a CV or ack without locking up. Patch 5 or 6 fixed that issue once we could recreate it.
There were 9 patches presented in the Beta which addressed the major and many minor issues. Yet, for every pc out there there is another just like it or there are hundreds of differences in configuration. HTC does care for customers. I am certain the lessor issues that are noted will be addressed immediately. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a patch by Friday. Wait and see if I am right. You won't see that for any online games. (IMO) :salute

http://www.kkenshome.com/DxDiag.txt

Yarbles,
I put this on the first page for a reason and from my past experience. There were 3 patches when I logged in Saturday morning. If you had seen HTC and this fine group of folks really trying to make this "the best sim ever" from day 1, like I have, then you only expect that they will do the right thing as soon as they identify and have the resolution. I met Dale at the 1999 Air Warrior Convention with a CD in his hand and demonstrating it (Aces High) to Robert Shaw. I was hooked and immediately joined in that Beta, August of 1999. Take my word for it, they really do care.  :) 

My name is Ken Collins and I approved this message.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2009, 02:02:38 AM »
Yarbles is my co in precision squad and I can understand his concerns, but I have a very different perspective on customer and Market forces.

The customer does not dictate to business how it should be ran.

You deal with any large business there main objective is maximise profits at any cost, business do not go out of business if they treat customers in a improper manner.

In reality if you are not very very rich you have little say in regards to customer service, ie if you don't like go some where else is the attitude of business.

Aces high is not Aol "pls delete ur cookies" call center, press key 2 for more help etc :lol
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline A8Jaraxl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2009, 02:08:03 AM »
A8 jaraxl and Shreck dont get in a Tizzy over this. I am just suggesting how I think this can be better done. Never mind the pedantry over spell check etc. I have some experience and I thought I would share it.

Like I said earlier I wish HTC well.

I was suprised I got upset over this as I regularly have to deal with this sort of situation so Identified the missing element.   

"Here is the latest patch, there are likely to be some temporary issues, please report them via (link or address) and we will resolve them as soon as we can, thanks for your patience and continued support"

I regularly have these problems in my businees and when it happens I tend to straw poll the support people. They tend to me more customer orientated but they are trained to be and High Tech is a small show that I really hope prospers. 

Now please fellas no more vitriol. No more "your the kind of person this and that": we have all had bad experiences with people who are so far this way or that but I think if you read my last posts I am a pretty reasonable sort of chap and dont deserve these generalisation heaped on, I wish you both well and please take it easy. BTW something is overiding my spell check in Vista maybe I should call microssoft and give them a hard time. No matter what I say they will probably remain prioffesional and impersonal but not attend anywhere as quickly as HTC :D

YOur internext explorer has a built in spell check and that could vary well overwrite the oneo the forums for whatever reason. Or you have not allowed pop-ups from this website. Just to name 2 things off the top of my head.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2009, 02:38:14 AM »
What's spell checker to do with this thead?
Diverging from the point Aceshigh should target the European Market and encourage more europeans in the game. I believe the game is dependent on the stabilising effect of the Old World order.

Yarbles can I borrow £20  :x

The GFC

Offline Wobbly

• Copper Member
« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2009, 03:11:06 AM »
Hitech , can you explain this behaviour please ?

When I enter first sceen (before even loggin in to an arena ), I get strutters every 3-5 seconds  usb mouse and sceen hangups.
What I do to "cure" this is I chose another "max texture setting than 1024" , and then back again to 1024 max texture setting.

My mouse curser lags about 5 seconds behind movements on first screen after the clipboard appears making it chorsome to select option on clipboard

At first I s-l-o-w-l-y navigated to vid settings and once in there, mouse worked fine

Subsequently I discovered that if you just alt-tab out of game to desktop after clipboard has appeared, then go back in, mouse works fine

Game runs sweet after that on hi res E6600/8800GTS/XP64 @75FPs only water reflection off
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 03:13:05 AM by Wobbly »
Game ID: Blimey

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2009, 03:53:09 AM »
Save: I had one more thought, are you possibly running with Vsync off?

HiTech

This applies both with, and without vsync .

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2009, 06:03:03 AM »
Yarbles is my co in precision squad and I can understand his concerns, but I have a very different perspective on customer and Market forces.

The customer does not dictate to business how it should be ran.

You deal with any large business there main objective is maximise profits at any cost, business do not go out of business if they treat customers in a improper manner.

In reality if you are not very very rich you have little say in regards to customer service, ie if you don't like go some where else is the attitude of business.

Aces high is not Aol "pls delete ur cookies" call center, press key 2 for more help etc :lol

Most of my experience of this sort is as a commercial customer which is a good point as when acting as a regular consumer I am often seriously dicked about especially where there is a near monopoly.

Anyway my appraisal of HTC is they sometimes lack finesse on the surface and can be a little bit abrassive. However when it comes to responding to their customers through this forumn they are extremely good based on recent experience.   :aok
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2009, 06:07:32 AM »
That is one of the more bizarre things I have heard of.

HiTech
A  Zebra and a giraffe walk into a bar !
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2009, 06:17:32 AM »
Most of my experience of this sort is as a commercial customer which is a good point as when acting as a regular consumer I am often seriously dicked about especially where there is a near monopoly.

Anyway my appraisal of HTC is they sometimes lack finesse on the surface and can be a little bit abrassive. However when it comes to responding to their customers through this forumn they are extremely good based on recent experience.   :aok

this isn't the real world though yarbles,  we are cartoon pilets in a dweeby surreal world of make believe. 

HT is our god and creator of all things and what he says is final.  We are mere sheep in a flock.  This game is second to none for its genre.  They didn't fluke that.  Sometimes I think your looking for flaws on purpose  ;).   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: August 04, 2009, 06:19:42 AM »
How about £10?

The GFC

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2009, 06:33:24 AM »
this isn't the real world though yarbles,  we are cartoon pilets in a dweeby surreal world of make believe. 

HT is our god and creator of all things and what he says is final.  We are mere sheep in a flock.  This game is second to none for its genre.  They didn't fluke that.  Sometimes I think your looking for flaws on purpose  ;).   

Its a matter of perspective, things can allways be improved.

Maybe I should make sure I say 2 positive things for every thing I say that could be construed as negative. I am sure we have both seen our fair share of people over reacting and fearing the worst when it comes to the changes. Your right though its a great game (+1) and for me at least even beter for the up date (+2) 

Next time we go through this I will say to people be patient for a while and wait and see how things get resolved. I dont know anyone in my squad who has left or cant play the game now. Some are playing with the effects turned right down and will adjust one way or the other. 
DFC/GFC/OAP