Author Topic: A rich man's sport  (Read 1457 times)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: A rich man's sport
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 12:19:48 PM »
aahh....you guys don't wear 50 pounds of padding do yas?

Nope your thinking of the american version! I'm talking about real football  :lol you know the sport were you actually kick
a ball with your foot with most of the game? Hence the name  :rofl :devil

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 12:20:41 PM »
My bodys a temple!  :D  :lol

Mine too...  But at my temple we worship this guy...  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacchus

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2009, 12:25:10 PM »

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2009, 12:31:40 PM »
Well yeah that is expensive but example of the sport I play football (thats soccer) a ball, your mates cost zip  :lol

Unless you walk to games, you would have to include the expense of buying the bike, moped, car, plus insurance if it applies and fuel if needed.  So, no it's not just a $25.00 ball anymore, so AH is still the cheapest hobby at $15.00 a month.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2009, 12:32:43 PM »
Unless you walk to games, you would have to include the expense of buying the bike, moped, car, plus insurance if it applies and fuel if needed.  So, no it's not just a $25.00 ball anymore, so AH is still the cheapest hobby at $15.00 a month.

FAIL yes I do walk to them there just round the corner  :rofl

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2009, 12:35:42 PM »
BTW Skuzzy and Hitech are probably sitting somewhere smirking.

ACES HIGH 2 WORKS ON UBUNTU! WITH THE NEW UPDATE  :rock

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2009, 12:43:38 PM »

Shut up, shut up, shut up! Now go fix lunch. :rofl
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2009, 12:49:47 PM »
BTW Skuzzy and Hitech are probably sitting somewhere smirking.

ACES HIGH 2 WORKS ON UBUNTU! WITH THE NEW UPDATE  :rock

for chits and giggles my 6 year old laptop that has ubuntu on it.  I used the add remove program finder typed in Wine installed it.  Download AH,  right click open with wine installer. 

Loaded up 1st time auto detected settings     1440 x 900   textures 256.  30 FPS in tower.  all this took about 15 minutes.   :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2009, 12:51:41 PM »
I'm on flying in the ma now with it :aok getting 25 -35 fps alot better than I had under windows :rock vox and everything seems to work fine

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2009, 12:52:33 PM »
Shut up, shut up, shut up! Now go fix lunch. :rofl

:rofl

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2009, 01:51:07 PM »
Ever since their introduction to the home, computers have required replacement or upgrade every 2-3 years in order to stay current with new software.  It's been that way since the early 80's.
My four year old computer runs AH 2.14 at max detail, 1920x1280 (no AA) just fine.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2009, 04:04:00 PM »
My four year old computer runs AH 2.14 at max detail, 1920x1280 (no AA) just fine.

STOP bragging. we're not supposed to brag.  :rofl :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2009, 04:21:03 PM »
I think most of you are missing the issue the low end users have with this update.  All the points being made about computers needing to be upgraded are all good points and true, but they don't address this issue specifically.  The issue is that the game upgraded, but the graphics got incredibly worse for us.  I don't think there would be as much complaint if the graphics got slightly better for us, and we took a frame rate hit or couldn't play at all tbh.  So granted, the issue at hand is a peculiar one, being able to fly for years with relatively good graphics, to all of a sudden, an update that turns your graphics into the likes of a Nintendo 64.  Personally though, I found settings that make the game playable, but the older version had much much better graphics on my system.

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2009, 02:35:27 AM »
I think most of you are missing the issue the low end users have with this update.  All the points being made about computers needing to be upgraded are all good points and true, but they don't address this issue specifically.  The issue is that the game upgraded, but the graphics got incredibly worse for us.  I don't think there would be as much complaint if the graphics got slightly better for us, and we took a frame rate hit or couldn't play at all tbh.  So granted, the issue at hand is a peculiar one, being able to fly for years with relatively good graphics, to all of a sudden, an update that turns your graphics into the likes of a Nintendo 64.  Personally though, I found settings that make the game playable, but the older version had much much better graphics on my system.

This issue seems to be purely you, from what I have seen all the graphics have taken large steps forward

Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2009, 02:41:48 AM »
My computer is four years old.  It runs it just fine at resolutions far higher than most people play and at max detail.  If your system cannot handle this game then either you are on a business computer or have such an ancient system as to make your requests ridiculous.  You don't have to upgrade every year or two, but at least two or three times a decade.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-