Author Topic: Things Move Forward Why Don't You  (Read 3139 times)

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
Re: Things Move Forward Why Don't You
« Reply #120 on: August 07, 2009, 04:48:15 PM »
To answer the originol question.

1: Because many people have familys to feed and cannot aford a 200$ graphics card or a 700$ gaming computer.

2: Because an estimated (by me) 1/4 of us are under 16 and/or cannot get a good job and the same as above.

3: Because most people don't want to have to shell out 50$-300$ to keep up with their hobby of gaming.

4: Because not all of it is about the cost of up grading; The new version has some issues. Some people are un-happy with the changes for reasons other then cost. Which you must understand is, as you all have told me, bad for business.

5: Because if we all upgrade just due to the compulsive need to shoot cartoon planes in high-def, then, if it went on long enough, we would all stop playing due to unpaid electric bills.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2009, 04:54:27 PM »
I also like to fire up MAME once in a while and play Golden Age arcade games. There's never been a better arcade-style game than Galaga.

Asteroids
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #122 on: August 07, 2009, 04:58:16 PM »
To answer the originol question.

1: Because many people have familys to feed and cannot aford a 200$ graphics card or a 700$ gaming computer.

2: Because an estimated (by me) 1/4 of us are under 16 and/or cannot get a good job and the same as above.

3: Because most people don't want to have to shell out 50$-300$ to keep up with their hobby of gaming.

4: Because not all of it is about the cost of up grading; The new version has some issues. Some people are un-happy with the changes for reasons other then cost. Which you must understand is, as you all have told me, bad for business.

5: Because if we all upgrade just due to the compulsive need to shoot cartoon planes in high-def, then, if it went on long enough, we would all stop playing due to unpaid electric bills.

This post is not to ascertain how much money you need to spend, but it does relate to if you are going to spend it then make the most out of what you have, like you said it is a hobby and hobbies can get quite expensive, so maybe know what your getting into and the ultimate monetary needs it requires.
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #123 on: August 07, 2009, 05:04:54 PM »
I am aware of all of that. Infact I have upgraded several times.

But as you all have told me, loosing customers is bad for business. If those of us who can't upgrade cancle our account then you loose some money, hopefully not enough to ruin high tech creations, or to prevent them from maintaining Aces High. But a not as good version is infinitly preferable to seeing "System: servers will shut down in 15 minutes. Thanks for the memories." Sorry to whoever I copied; after a while, names just blur together. And if you say it isn't then, sorry about this, you are a complete moron incapable of adjusting to the situation.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th