Author Topic: My wishlist for the future  (Read 1008 times)

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
My wishlist for the future
« on: August 06, 2009, 09:18:25 PM »
Here I have put together just about all of my wishes ranging from a few small things to some more complicated wishes.

First, lets start out with the small ones:

1) A sun and a moon that are the right size.

To me, the size doesn't look right. If I am wrong and some one can prove it, then I will stand corrected.

2) Still on the subject of the sun, It would be nice if the sun didn't get cut in half for no apparent reason:

No, there is no mountain in the way.

3) Give the moon cycles that correspond to the cycles of the real moon. EX. Full moon, half moon, crescent etc.

4) When the update came out, the mouse now has a little line next to it. It shouldn't be hard to fix. It is small so it may be hard to see in this picture, but it's there:

I asked some other people if they saw this and they all said yes, so I don't think its just me.

5) I'm sure HTC knows about this, but I'll post it anyway. Some of the terrain around the ack, roads, and town is the same as it was before the update. I'm sure they are already working on it...

6) One of my bigest pet peeves in the game is when I get stopped or flipped by a foot high hedge row.. Very unrealistic. The tanks should just go through them like the smaller plants scattered around.

7) I wish that Tanks wouldn't go from 30-0 mph instantly when they hit a hill.

8. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SHEEP?!?!!111ONE! I think the sheep should have been animated anyway.

9) For a little added realism, water that doesn't act like pavement when crash landing on it. EX. Sliding across the water doesn't make a scratching sound. Splash effect. And if it's possible, the plane sinking into the water, like a carrier.

10) Weather. Been asked for many times, no need to elaborate here.

11) This is probably the most complicated wish, but would be a HUGE improvement to the game, IMO. A damage model like this for tanks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzpUVtVUBTI
I'm not sure how the damage model is set up right now, but I'll bet it's not as elaborate as that.

12) Realistic looking people in the lobby. Troops with moving legs. IMO, the troops need a total makeover.

13) Contrails as an option in the advanced tab under graphic detail. If your comp can handle it, turn it on, if not, turn it off. The ability to have them is there, just look at oil leaks, fuel leaks, red and blue smoke, fire etc.

14) I also like this Idea http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,270900.0.html

With all that said, I would like to thank HTC for all the work they have done, and I am not trying to sound ungrateful, just suggesting some things for updates to come. Just in case they can't find something to do. :)  <S>
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 09:22:08 PM by mike254 »
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

I have a photographic memory. The only problem is that sometimes I forget to take off the lens cap.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: My wishlist for the future
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 09:22:28 PM »
Well, that's a big list, but I'm surprised you didn't add a fix for clouds. :P

The water could also use some work, imho.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 09:33:03 PM »
Well, that's a big list, but I'm surprised you didn't add a fix for clouds. :P

The water could also use some work, imho.

The pictures make it seem like the liist is even bigger.  ;)

Clouds would be nice though.

[X] Detailed Terrain
  [X] Detailed Clouds
          [X] Detailed Water
              [X] local water reflections

[X] Bump Map Terrain

[X] Contrails

[X] Object Self Shadow
    [X]Smooth Shadow
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 09:36:46 PM by mike254 »

I have a photographic memory. The only problem is that sometimes I forget to take off the lens cap.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 09:39:29 PM »
Mike stop reading my threads.  :P
Strokes

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 09:50:44 PM »
11) This is probably the most complicated wish, but would be a HUGE improvement to the game, IMO. A damage model like this for tanks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzpUVtVUBTI
I'm not sure how the damage model is set up right now, but I'll bet it's not as elaborate as that.
According to HT, our damage model is basically the same they, just haven't explained it with fancy graphics :)
BTW PM coming your way

Offline Boxman

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 10:18:15 PM »
P-47's that stay on the ground after losing half a wing.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 10:20:32 PM »
I wonder if the wishlist forum would have been a better place for "My wishlist for the future".  :)

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 10:27:23 PM »
P-47's that stay on the ground after losing half a wing.

LMAO! haha Not gunna happen :)

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 10:28:06 PM »
Oh woops. i just realized I put this in General discussion. Sorry Skuzz. Please move.  :aok

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 10:49:07 PM »
I've had that stupid little line next to my cursor for over a year.  Since I built my new computer and could really crank up the video card settings.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 11:06:59 PM »
4) When the update came out, the mouse now has a little line next to it. It shouldn't be hard to fix. It is small so it may be hard to see in this picture, but it's there:

That has been there for quite some time ... it has nothing to do with the update.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 11:10:16 PM »
We used to have weather, back in the old days.

We used to have night, back in the old days. (complete with almost accurate constellations..IIRC)

We used to have sheep, back in the old days.

But,  us old farts didn't have the graphics and eye candy available now. All we had was fun.

I'd gladly trade you a few pixels today for a sheep and a rain storm.

Everything grows and evolves I guess, Darwin was spot on.

cheers,

RTR (Retired)

The Damned

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 11:19:14 PM »
I wish the sun wasnt in my eyes everytime i attacked a base :cool:
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 11:51:33 PM »

13) Contrails as an option in the advanced tab under graphic detail. If your comp can handle it, turn it on, if not, turn it off. The ability to have them is there, just look at oil leaks, fuel leaks, red and blue smoke, fire etc.

:aok

Offline Fender16

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 11:52:09 PM »
I think the game needs some kind of physics engine but I am not sure if it's even possible to implement into this game at all.

...Would it be?