Author Topic: Stop dropping FHs....  (Read 19387 times)

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
Re: Stop dropping FHs....
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2009, 04:14:26 PM »
I honestly wish most of the morons who play this game would realise that....

Yea me too, why force people to play your game style. When the game is design so that everyone can do whatever style they like. Why is it gotta be your way or gtfo
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2009, 04:16:35 PM »
Aces High Gameplay

Capturing territory through the use of air, land and sea power is the objective in Aces High II(it says so main page game info/help/playing the game)
so if you want to Furball goto DA cos if it means hitting FHS cos furballers are to busy score whoring(dont know why there no money to win)
that the 1 la7 shooting the goon down or the last troop entering the maproom i say bomb the FHs :x :x :x

You expect us to abide by your game play style and yet, when we ask the same you and the other toolshedders go out of your way to purposely ruin our fight in an attempt to force us to play your way.  I have yet to see any 'furballers' do the same to the toolshedders, we're not asking you to stop your limp wristed playing style, we're just asking you stop ruining our fun.  

I also find it that you tools will use the excuse that you're stopping us from 'score whoring', especially when the majority of the score potatos are amongst your merry band of limp wristed toolshedders.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2009, 04:43:31 PM »
How many times I bomb the FH's, which in turns kills a fight, depends on the number of anti-buff whines logged in the forum. The more buff whines the more I like to kill FH's to piss off fighter pilots. Because of this thread alone I will need to kill at least 250 fights over the next week. *phew* I've got alot of work to do.

Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2009, 04:45:40 PM »
You dirt farmers can have the bases... I only need one to up from for a fight.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2009, 04:48:58 PM »
I don't know anyone who goes around bombing hangars to spoil others' fun.

Here ya go...

How many times I bomb the FH's, which in turns kills a fight, depends on the number of anti-buff whines logged in the forum. The more buff whines the more I like to kill FH's to piss off fighter pilots. Because of this thread alone I will need to kill at least 250 fights over the next week. *phew* I've got alot of work to do.

See, no shortage of morons...
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2009, 05:11:58 PM »
Here ya go...

See, no shortage of morons...

Hey Hey Hey! If you're going to insult me at least use the correct terms. I'm a "Total Retarded Idiot" not a moron. Just ask around the boards and arena, they'll agree.

P.S. Just for that Sunbat the MA will have to suffer another 250 fight killing base closures! Mwahahahahahah.........mwahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hah............MWAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahah ahahahah.....ahahahah....ahah ........ah.................
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 05:14:00 PM by Beefcake »
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2009, 05:19:48 PM »

Hey Hey Hey! If you're going to insult me at least use the correct terms. I'm a "Total Retarded Idiot" not a moron.

Some folks do not recognize the degrees and disciplines involved in that profession.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2009, 05:30:49 PM »

Hey Hey Hey! If you're going to insult me at least use the correct terms. I'm a "Total Retarded Idiot" not a moron. Just ask around the boards and arena, they'll agree.

P.S. Just for that Sunbat the MA will have to suffer another 250 fight killing base closures! Mwahahahahahah.........mwahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hah............MWAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahah ahahahah.....ahahahah....ahah ........ah.................

hahaha   :D
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2009, 05:36:30 PM »

How about we cut a deal, I keep the nasty fighters from shooting down your bombers if you keep the pesky wirbles and ostwinds at bay. :D
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2009, 05:41:43 PM »
Ok lets make a deal........ I won't drop FH if the bad guys don't pork the ordinace....ok?
999000<S>

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2009, 05:42:49 PM »
Stop dropping FHs....  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl....NOT!!!!!!! I get to much enjoyment reading posts like this to stop dropping the hangers.
and to think here i was thinking my handiwork wasnt recognized :D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 05:44:42 PM by smokey23 »

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2009, 05:48:20 PM »
You are looking at suppression in a very microscopic light.  Instead refer to the maxim "Divide and Conquer."  You want to isolate the base--not make it a beacon for reinforcements.

Nah, that's just beyond the scope of this discussion - you're talking about which FHs to bomb, not whether to bomb them at all, or when. And it depends on the situation. If a base is already isolated by geography it's best to hammer it directly, and if it has several large and medium fields nearby, isolating it is doomed to failure.

When you destroy the FHs at your target base, it forces every enemy fighter to launch from further away, and gain altitude and energy.  Since fights naturally progress towards the deck, your attacker's energy will be spent by the time reinforcements arrive.

Not true. The closer base always has the advantage, because as you mention below, time is everything; if you have time, you have alt. A defender can up, HO one attacker, die, and be up again inside 20 seconds; even if he only kills one attacker every 3-4 times he ups, he's doing more damage than a pilot who kills 2-3 enemies but is out of the fight for 10+ minutes when he dies. If the defenders manage to gain a numerical edge it's very difficult to lose it, beause at any given time half or more of the attackers are in transit. If the hangers are flat and the attackers have a CV a mile offshore, the reverse is true - the attackers can both gang up on defenders and climb at their leisure when the defenders are dead.

If the VH and ack are destroyed, there is no way any threat is upping from the base in question.

True, to some degree, but it's easier and just as effective (see above) to take out the hangars. Give me two other good buff pilots and a formation of Lancs and we can flatten a small base in one run and the town in a second (one if the angle permits one run for both). Two or three fighters can deack a port or V-base, but not an airfield and town, and some of them are likely to be crippled or shot down in the process.

Base captures don't (or really, really shouldn't) fail because of the "sole La7 that ups" but because attrition works against the attacker,

Sometimes killing two goons is enough, if it's a long flight. But more impotant, precisely: it's all about attrition. But why does attrition work against the attacker? Because he has to spend time coming back and the defender can use that delay to his advantage. If your contention above were true, that would be an advantage, because the attacker has all that time to grab alt. But it isn't, because the defender can spend that same time shooting the remaining attackers down and then grabbing alt, or having several planers do each.[/quote]

and that attrition is multiplied by losses to GV's, ack, and higher enemy reinforcements.

I don't think anyone who's played the game more than a month would dispute that the VH is the first priority (with the possible exception of ords, if you're attacking from a CV close by). As for ack, as I said, taking down six hangers is quicker, safer, and requires fewer people. Sure, if you have 15 or 20 attackers, de-ack and vulch, but who needs 15-20 people to capture a base? And unless you've got 20 attackers capping, in which case it's a moot point, ten or twenty uppers are better for the defense than reinforcements coming in high one at a time.

Further, speed is vital, and at the end of the day what that translates to is how quickly the town is taken down.  Every bombing pass spent on something else kills speed.

Your second statement does not follow from the first, because however you slice it it is necessary to take the town down and suppress the defenders to take a base, and because bombing six neatly lined-up hangars is quicker and more foolproof than hitting 20 scattered acks and quicker than bombing 12 or 18 hangars at nearby bases.

(It is possible to take a base by having 3 sets of buffs come in NOE and pop at the last second to flatten the town without going near the field, and having a goon follow immediately behind, but that depends absolutely on surprise and few or no defenders being up when you get there. It's also possible to take it in a GV rush without touching the field, and we do that sometimes, but if the defenders are even mildly alert it's a low-odds proposition for the same reason given above re: attrition - attackers who die take much longer to return than defenders.)

As an aside, it would help if base-taking players took a more keen interest in their personal development in dogfighting, as a key reason many plans don't work is because 4-5 fighters invariably try to simultaneously tackle the same enemy con. 

Judging by the number of players who act that way, especially in the giant endless furballs, I don't think that is any more common among those who like base-taking than anyone else.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2009, 06:05:25 PM »
Nah, that's just beyond the scope of this discussion - you're talking about which FHs to bomb, not whether to bomb them at all, or when. And it depends on the situation. If a base is already isolated by geography it's best to hammer it directly, and if it has several large and medium fields nearby, isolating it is doomed to failure.

If you paid attention, he's saying to pound the nearby large and medium fields into rubble, thus isolating your target base. Which then trying to take it will NOT be doomed to failure, because the enemy will be unable to mount a strong counter attack from those surrounding fields.

The tricky part is depending on the size or number of fields, it takes a VERY well-organized, coordinated and ACCURATE strike to knock the surrounding fields out fast enough to put them all out of action before one pops again (think of it as one person trying to jabo a CV to death with a Zeke). Not too hard to guess how often you see a coordinated, multi-target operation of THAT level of complexity on the Mains (just the sort of thing for us FSO dweebs, tho :D ).

Not true. The closer base always has the advantage, because as you mention below, time is everything; if you have time, you have alt. A defender can up, HO one attacker, die, and be up again inside 20 seconds; even if he only kills one attacker every 3-4 times he ups, he's doing more damage than a pilot who kills 2-3 enemies but is out of the fight for 10+ minutes when he dies. If the defenders manage to gain a numerical edge it's very difficult to lose it, beause at any given time half or more of the attackers are in transit. If the hangers are flat and the attackers have a CV a mile offshore, the reverse is true - the attackers can both gang up on defenders and climb at their leisure when the defenders are dead.

For the most part this is true, but again, much of this depends on the level of coordination of the attackers. If the attackers put together a concerted, organized strike with everyone rolling together and entering the engagement at once trying to defend against it is brutal.

True, to some degree, but it's easier and just as effective (see above) to take out the hangars. Give me two other good buff pilots and a formation of Lancs and we can flatten a small base in one run and the town in a second (one if the angle permits one run for both). Two or three fighters can deack a port or V-base, but not an airfield and town, and some of them are likely to be crippled or shot down in the process.

A good jabo squadron can shut down a field just as quickly. Town may take a little longer. And deacking depends on the pilot. On a good day I can get most of a small airfield's ack on my own without damage, A lot has to do with your approach angles. Two or three guys who know what they're doing, especially if they're in a cannon ride like a Charlie Hog, can deack a small field quickly and with minimal damage.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2009, 06:15:08 PM »
Why do you think that you have the right to shout at folks and tell them what to do?

When it takes away fun of the game from more then just a few people from both sides of the fight, i think anyone has the right to get mad, definately when you have asked these people not to politely
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2009, 06:24:27 PM »
Aces High Gameplay

Capturing territory through the use of air, land and sea power is the objective in Aces High II(it says so main page game info/help/playing the game)
so if you want to Furball goto DA cos if it means hitting FHS cos furballers are to busy score whoring(dont know why there no money to win)
that the 1 la7 shooting the goon down or the last troop entering the maproom i say bomb the FHs :x :x :x
I really care about score, last night at about 4 to 5 am in the states I was having GREAT fights with sticks alot better then me, but I didnt even score a kill.......problem with DA is the tards in the furball area flying Tempys non stop and 1v1s are boring after awhile because both sides have same E entering the fight...In MA you can find terrain and have to judge peoples E levels in the fight. Im pretty sure this game is based on the fighter expect seieng that at any time probably 90% of the people flying are in fighters alot of which are light....
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"