Author Topic: updated base defenses  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
updated base defenses
« on: August 11, 2009, 05:44:35 PM »
I think we should have it so when a base is made to be adjasent to an enemy base, a defense line will start to be built. At first it would just be trenches to stop jeeps an AT ditches to stop tanks with a gap in them wide enough for 3 tanks side by side every 2.5K.
After 15 minutes there would be auto manned panzers and armored cars in entrenchments covering the tracks and 3/4 of the body, and they would function simmilar to auto ack . It would prevent the use of the hull mg.

After another 15min, there would be bunkers with 20, 30, and 40mm cannons inside supporting the defense lines, firing HE and AP rounds.
After 15 more mins, there would be AA guns supporting the defenses (before this, there would be no oposition to a/c except from enemy fighters) that could fire all 3 types of ammo.
One hour after the base was made adjecent to an enemy base, some of the cannons would be replaced with 50mm AT guns and some German 88's would be placed along the defense line and would fire AA, HE, and AP rounds. The 88's and AA guns would be outside of bunkes to give planes a fair chance of de acking the line.

Tell me what you think. I know it has some holes in the idea, so please point them out as you see them and help me fill them in.

I know this would be a big addition, and would  probably take a LONG time to get in the game, but I think this would add a nice stragic touch to the game. It would make it so a lone halftrack can't go capture a base, and that if you stop pushing, it gets harder to capture a base. You could have it so that all cannons could survive 3/4 of the normal damage to compensate for the fact that it would be to hard normaly, or we could leave out the AA guns.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: updated base defenses
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 07:15:52 PM »
The idea of the "game" is COMBAT. You put that much defensive crap around a base and nobody will go near it, no battle. As it is now most base captures are NOE sneak types.... again, trying to avoid battle.

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 12:03:15 AM »
So let me great this straight, you want us to drive through 30 min(which isn't a measurement, got a speed for that?) of auto ack and such just to get a GV base? My guess is we won't be seeing this and it's likely for the best, on the other hand if it doesn't shoot at aircraft I don't care as I'm not a GVer anyways.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 12:36:48 AM »
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 12:17:58 PM »
(shrugs) whatever. I had an idea, I posted, and it got boo'd. I don't really care. This is just another something that won't make it in to the game but would be fun to fly over and watch the gv'ers get pwnd. It's like baseball...only more explosions.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 01:59:22 PM »
(shrugs) whatever. I had an idea, I posted, and it got boo'd. I don't really care. This is just another something that won't make it in to the game but would be fun to fly over and watch the gv'ers get pwnd. It's like baseball...only more explosions.

nah.....this is fun.

baseball is agonizingly boring.
baseball is about as exciting as watching the grass grow.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline cegull

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 04:47:55 PM »
I think the shore batteries should be given a wider traverse range when manned by players, but the existing auto defense kills plenty already.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 03:45:16 PM »
Cegull, this is not a shore batteries thread.

Cap1, I agree. And what's really trippy is that I'm going to a mariners game :D!

And I still say it would be fun to fly over in my B-25H watching tigers explode, droping a string of 250 pounders, then adding to the mayhem with my 75mm. Engine decking hasn't got a prayer.

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 12:08:55 AM »
It all sounded good until you mentioned auto panzers.

I would like to see trenches around bases though, that would be cool.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 12:22:19 AM »
Why no auto panzers? It would be like having an auto 75mm. Besides the panzers gun can't penetrate tiger and ?new T-34 frontal armor unless I am mistaken. BTW does that mean you like all the rest or just up untill the auto panzer?

First post with my new machine!!!

Offline iwomba

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 12:37:02 AM »
"Why no auto panzers? It would be like having an auto 75mm. Besides the panzers gun can't penetrate tiger and ?new T-34 frontal armor unless I am mistaken. BTW does that mean you like all the rest or just up untill the auto panzer?"

You are mixing the real world with AH world with that statement.

Up to 600m pzrs had the same penetration as tigers in the real world. In AH anything goes as far as gv's are concerned.

As to your original idea I think some better auto defences all round would be ok.

Sick & tired of seeing a single 190F deack, kill ords , dar & some fuel on medium fields & then just flying away unharmed.
WOMBA
9GIAP
Sydney, Australia Branch

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 03:54:50 PM »
"Why no auto panzers? It would be like having an auto 75mm. Besides the panzers gun can't penetrate tiger and ?new T-34 frontal armor unless I am mistaken. BTW does that mean you like all the rest or just up untill the auto panzer?"

You are mixing the real world with AH world with that statement.

Up to 600m pzrs had the same penetration as tigers in the real world. In AH anything goes as far as gv's are concerned.

As to your original idea I think some better auto defences all round would be ok.

Sick & tired of seeing a single 190F deack, kill ords , dar & some fuel on medium fields & then just flying away unharmed.

i popped a tiger from just under 2000 last week. granted, it was a side shot, but 2 rounds took him out.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 04:09:59 PM »

i popped a tiger from just under 2000 last week. granted, it was a side shot, but 2 rounds took him out.

One of them there...twin engine Tigers?   :devil
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 04:17:57 PM »
One of them there...twin engine Tigers?   :devil
lolololol

nah.....it was one night last week, when there was a mw arena full of alt monkeys and gangtards...........i landed,and went to defend the town. after i killed the m3, and troops, i drove out towards the spawn, found me a nice quiet hiding place near the edge of the treeline, and shut down.

only had a few minutes till nisr came past in his tiger. when i didn't kill him on the first hit, i thought i was done.....but he seemed to ignore me, as his turret never moved.....second round hit his sideskirt in front, and kabluie!!

:D :x
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2009, 04:40:18 PM »
lolololol

nah.....it was one night last week, when there was a mw arena full of alt monkeys and gangtards...........i landed,and went to defend the town. after i killed the m3, and troops, i drove out towards the spawn, found me a nice quiet hiding place near the edge of the treeline, and shut down.

only had a few minutes till nisr came past in his tiger. when i didn't kill him on the first hit, i thought i was done.....but he seemed to ignore me, as his turret never moved.....second round hit his sideskirt in front, and kabluie!!

:D :x

:t
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC