Author Topic: Dueling Arena squads disbanded  (Read 8912 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: Dueling Arena squads disbanded
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2009, 08:54:33 PM »
Every now and then I'll land kills in the DA when I'm in something like the Ki-61, P-40, P-39, Yak-9T and have 6-7+ kills.  Why?  I dunno, but it looks kind of cool between "2 kills in a Temptest" and "2 kills in a F4U-1C." :D
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2009, 09:32:41 PM »
Masherbrum,

I've never once seen you and you've never asked me for a 1on1.  Like I said before I'll be happy to set some 1on1's up for you Sir.

I have and you must be blind not to notice my in game name.   I have MANY TIMES listened to you and your ilk bully folks, only to knock it off when leaned on slightly.   Am I saying it happens all of the time?   Nope.   You ARE one of the quieter ones in the "RO's"   But being silent and allowing your squaddies look like fools when they know they aren't "safe" in a 1 on 1, is funny. 

I'm not "bashing".   Merely wondering why people "bark" and don't wanna bite, when the opportunity is called upon them?   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2009, 09:35:34 PM »
 :rofl the rowdy ones? them there boys be aces  :rock
Lighten up Francis

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2009, 09:44:46 PM »
giggle.
-AoM-

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2009, 11:19:57 PM »
I have and you must be blind not to notice my in game name.   I have MANY TIMES listened to you and your ilk bully folks, only to knock it off when leaned on slightly.   Am I saying it happens all of the time?   Nope.   You ARE one of the quieter ones in the "RO's"   But being silent and allowing your squaddies look like fools when they know they aren't "safe" in a 1 on 1, is funny. 

I'm not "bashing".   Merely wondering why people "bark" and don't wanna bite, when the opportunity is called upon them?   

Masherbrum would you like some 1on1's I'll set some up and see how you fair? I've not seen you and I've not talked to you before.  I'm far from silent my friend but I know your lying when you say you've asked me for a 1on1.  I've fought alot of guys 1on1 Spacy,Klipper,SAJ,Strip,Klauss,Nrshida,WGSizzle tonight, ect. ect. No need to talk anymore lets set some 1on1s up and I'll be first come find me in the DA I'll go.  It's funny is I've told you on 3 or 4 different posts I'll set up some 1on1s and you've not stepped up to the plate yet.  Are you just talking or do you want some 1on1's.  I'll set you up with the best we have in our "Just a DA squad"
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2009, 11:55:37 PM »
Masherbrum would you like some 1on1's I'll set some up and see how you fair? I've not seen you and I've not talked to you before.  I'm far from silent my friend but I know your lying when you say you've asked me for a 1on1.  I've fought alot of guys 1on1 Spacy,Klipper,SAJ,Strip,Klauss,Nrshida,WGSizzle tonight, ect. ect. No need to talk anymore lets set some 1on1s up and I'll be first come find me in the DA I'll go.  It's funny is I've told you on 3 or 4 different posts I'll set up some 1on1s and you've not stepped up to the plate yet.  Are you just talking or do you want some 1on1's.  I'll set you up with the best we have in our "Just a DA squad"

I am "Karaya" as it says in my Sig.   Don't try and spin the "1 vs 1 thing" around.   For over 6 months this has gone on.   Klauss was a shades who left after I figured out who it was.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2009, 12:04:28 AM »
Klauss was a shades who left after I figured out who it was.   

Who was that timid patty cake? I actually put myself on auto-pilot in one round of a'duel' with him and died from boredom.
-AoM-

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2009, 12:22:09 AM »
I am "Karaya" as it says in my Sig.   Don't try and spin the "1 vs 1 thing" around.   For over 6 months this has gone on.   Klauss was a shades who left after I figured out who it was.   

I still don't recognize the name Karaya and I'm not trying to spin anything around about 1on1's.  You called me out and my squad for not fighting 1on1's and that were on borrowed time when you do get is on our on.  All I'm saying is do you want 1on1's or why post?  Thats it!
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2009, 12:25:01 AM »
I still don't recognize the name Karaya and I'm not trying to spin anything around about 1on1's. You called me out and my squad for not fighting 1on1's and that were on borrowed time when you do get is on our on.  All I'm saying is do you want 1on1's or why post?  Thats it!

I said, IF I manage to get a one on one (brief too) over the lake, I make quick work.   You ARE "spinning it around".   If you're not honest with yourself and able to admit it, why try to be pious about it?  

Also, stop hijacking the thread with this.   Take this to PM's if you wish to continue.   :salute
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2009, 12:28:37 AM »
I've NEVER encountered any of "The Rowdy Ones" in a 1 vs 1, let alone have any one of your kids take me up on ANY "let's move to a different field and have some fights".   Anytime I have managed to seperate any of you or your squaddies, you are on borrowed time.

Enough said there you go, I didnt say it you did! Lets move to a different field
~XO Top Gun~ Retired

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2009, 10:03:16 AM »
Wasn't the rowdy ones disbanded. Have not heard anything of them in awhile.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2009, 03:48:28 PM »
Wasn't the rowdy ones disbanded. Have not heard anything of them in awhile.

Nope we're still here Shuffler
~XO Top Gun~ Retired

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2009, 04:42:07 PM »
I have to say I am surprised at the hubbub over the DA.  I have been flying for about 9 months (original name) and initially ended up in the DA when the instructor, who was more patient than Methuselah, spent an hour teaching me very basic flight.  After bugging him, he suggested that IF I MUST GO TO DIE, which I insisted on, (its my 16 bucks per month right?) he sent me over to the DA with me having NO IDEA how difficult and brutal the learning process would be.  

I was there for 1 hour and 8 guys helped me out.  I came there nightly (I have to fly in the evenings because I have a family and a job and do not have the time or inclination to read the gargantuan volumes of tactical flight information that is available on the internet....if someone does have that kind of time, they are either a kid or someone who thinks this game is somehow important enough to distract them from their family or job....lol, I have heard this game referred to as "Divorce in a box")   TO DIE....DIE EARLY, DIE HARD, AND DIE OFTEN and again, many people, witnessing my slow, painful, agonizing, REPEATED deaths spent their THEIR TIME to show me things: Rowdy1, Krupnski, MugZ, Flood, vegas, Dodger, Hombre, TA57x, Daveski, Bentnail, Havoc, Waystin2, etc.  So it IS about relationships.

The DA is appealing to me for these reasons: 1) I like the guys I fly with; 2) It doesn't take 20 minutes of climbing to only find some BnZer who is higher than you are; 3) It takes much less time to get back in the fight 4) Even your enemies will help you with your flight skills; 5)and to try new planes and maneuvers under duress.  Almost all of us change sides at one time or another....regardless of what some may say.  The gangbanging, well, folks, that comes with the compressed area that the DA Lake is and every single country in there has their daily advantages in numbers..if you don't like getting banged, don't fly in there until it evens out and it evens out believe me...each and every few hours.

On another note:  1 v 1:  I am truly lucky to have both my grandfathers still in this world and both were pilots during WW II.  One was a B-25 driver and the other was a Texan trainer at Luke Field in AZ and then went on to the P-51B and both have laughed at the 1 v 1's we conduct.  "Aerial Gunnery" was the term used at the time for both marksmanship and ACM and all pilots were "rated" in that single category with numerical grades, of which, my instructor grandfather still has his "grades".  He watched me 1 v 1 xxxJCxxx and started screaming at the top of his old lungs to "fights-off" the fight because JC didn't knife edge pass me on the merge (they also chuckle at the HO rule and both agree....you wanna live or you wanna die?).  Apparently, the rule was and still is, initial merge is a knife edge pass (canopy to canopy) so that neither a/c has an advantage.   Some of you Im sure have heard of this but I have yet to see one person conduct a 1 v 1 in this manner.  Ofcourse it really doesn't matter much because its a game but as I have learned over the past 9 months the winner of the 1 v 1 in here is virtually ALWAYS the pilot that gets position BEFORE the merge.  I lay no claim to being any good at all at 1 v 1 but I believe them both and the rate at which I die in 1 v 1's is certainly a function of lack of experience in obtaining the advantage prior to the merge, NOT my lack of sack because that has been tested outside this game where it actually means something.  Living or dying in this this great game doesn't add up to a hill of crap and anyone who measures their "manhood" by their skills in this game is distracted....be it chemically or physically.

I won't and haven't turned down a 1 v 1 for one simple reason...it means nothing..win or lose, lol.

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2009, 06:24:20 PM »
The DA is appealing to me for these reasons: 1) I like the guys I fly with; 2) It doesn't take 20 minutes of climbing to only find some BnZer who is higher than you are; 3) It takes much less time to get back in the fight 4) Even your enemies will help you with your flight skills; 5)and to try new planes and maneuvers under duress. 
Seems that knowing only the present DA makes it really hard to imagine the old DA.  In the "old" DA:
1)  You had the same guys basically, except with less non-purist players. 
2)  You spent about the same amount of time to find a fight.  Since there was no, or next to no, race to altitude/demeasured positional advantage, the fights were pretty much at airfield altitude and down.  Also, killshooter hadn't been disabled yet, so you could FFA furball right off a field.  One of the usual patterns was everyone off the top left fields where you could spawn southwards, turn the plane around, and just drop off the top of the airfield to the furball that was right below that cliff edge. 
3) See above.  No need to grab.  The only thing you needed to do was look for a lone dot.. Because back then most everyone followed the common courtesy rule of chk6-ing before engaging.
4) I doubt this didn't happen more back then.  Almost no one was so busy landing kills and making squads to get kills against a threat (in the technical sense) of ganging that didn't exist, no one was trying to prove anything by landing kills when they could instead put up a real fight.  Effectively, all the players at the lake were one big informal squad.  Nowadays there's zero discernment between a tempest doing the pure BnZ pick thru a low and slow furball or picking the RTBs or the AFKs that don't even know the Tempest is there, and the plane that actually beat a gaggle of 5+ on his own.  Someone might say this is elitist, but it's not.  It's simple statment of fact, nothing to read between the lines.
5) No difference.  You wanted duress, you just set it up with someone else.. Say announce that you were in X plane and would like to have Y plane(s) against you.. No doubt someone would've consented.

So...
The gangbanging, well, folks, that comes with the compressed area that the DA Lake is and every single country in there has their daily advantages in numbers..if you don't like getting banged, don't fly in there until it evens out and it evens out believe me...each and every few hours.
This is self-fulfilling, circular.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2009, 06:40:20 PM »
Thank you for the response.  You are correct in that I never had the chance to fly in the old DA but it sounds good. 
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba