Author Topic: Water sucks again...  (Read 2164 times)

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
Re: Water sucks again...
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2009, 06:24:06 PM »
I don't zoom in on the gunsight.   I honestly never have SunBat.   My eyesight while wearing glasses isn't that piss poor and my SA is just that good I guess.   But then again, Wax taught me SA in AH1.   

Wow...someone with and average of 4 kills per hour is bragging on how good his gunnery and SA skills are. There's a term for this, but I won't use it here....

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2009, 06:25:25 PM »
Which is negated by my reply.   When you "zoom in"/"lean over", your "depth perception" is more difficult.   He wants this "difficulty", made easier.   Blaming the "water model" on shoddy "tactics" is NOT the solution.  

Has nothing to do with zoom. Gee, how many times have I said that in this thread?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2009, 06:26:43 PM »
KPH is not a good measure.... I often walk away from the computer for some length of time and forget I am in game. In fact score of most any kind in this game means nothing.

PS I like to shoot limbs out of trees too.  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2009, 06:29:21 PM »
Wow...someone with and average of 4 kills per hour is bragging on how good his gunnery and SA skills are. There's a term for this, but I won't use it here....

Score means diddly in this game.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2009, 06:35:34 PM »
Of course you're gonna spin it.   It's typical of someone with limited life skills.

What is so difficult about comprehending this post from page 1?   Really?   It's his fault, not HTC's.   I'm far from "daft" btw.   BTW, the quote is nothing about "leaning forward", moot brought that up.   He's flying around zoomed in.    :x

No, I'm not flying around zoomed in just because you say i am. I'm zoomed in when I'm either looking at something far away or shooting at someone. I realize you're incapable of jumping to conclusions, but that's just how you are, so I didn't feel the need to defend myself against someone who is as clueless as you. Seeing as you can't stop the drivel, I'm going to start defending a bit, not that it's that hard to defend against someone who is clueless, it's just time consuming.

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2009, 06:37:46 PM »
KPH is not a good measure.... I often walk away from the computer for some length of time and forget I am in game. In fact score of most any kind in this game means nothing.

PS I like to shoot limbs out of trees too.  :D

KPH measures the time in the air...if you tell me you're walking away and forgetting you're flying your fighter, well, AFK = A Free Kill...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 06:41:42 PM by Dream Child »

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2009, 06:40:41 PM »
Score means diddly in this game.

Yes, score means diddly, but I wasn't talking about score. Kills Per Hour give you a clue as to what they're doing with their time. At 4 kills per hour, you're not doing much with your nice shiny fighter plane, other than running, perhaps...

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2009, 06:43:51 PM »
Two different animals bro.   But we all know what the OP failed to leave out of his first few posts until you coerced it out of him.

yep.

to be honest, a couple years ago when i found out there was a zoom function, i did try to zoom all the way in.

it was a very very very bad idea.  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2009, 06:47:35 PM »
Masherbrum/Karaya,

I realize you can't help but make a fool of yourself here or in the MA. I usually mute you in the MA after you start one of your driveling rants, as you continually prove yourself clueless.

Seeing as you're so interested in what I want, I want the water to have some depth perception, something it doesn't have now if you're in low resolution. Of course, if you'd read the posts, you'd already know that. For the record, the frustration that precipitated my first post was from me flying level above the water (or so i thought), ABSOLUTLY NO ZOOM, playing with two temps and a spit in the DA, looking out my front windshield at the moment of impact as i planted myself into the water, as i couldn't tell that it was that close. As I now ALWAYS film everything I do here, due to you and other clowns like you that don't have a clue what they're speaking of, I'll be happy to post the film if you would like. As this issue didn't exist in the previous versions before the big update, I'm sure HTC will eventually fix this too. At the moment, the water sucks, unless there's been an update since the last time i flew.

just out of curiousity, have you ever flown over water in rl?

i have.....once......unless there's waves, there really isn't any depth perception . it's worse at night. actully........i've flown over the coast of nj quite a bit. i stay within an eighth of a mile of the beach. i've flown over calm lakes. it doesn't give ya much......and the first time i flew when there was snow on the ground..........dammmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm did everythign look different........and not much depth perception either.

hopefully i have a map with water tonight........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2009, 06:55:22 PM »
yep.

to be honest, a couple years ago when i found out there was a zoom function, i did try to zoom all the way in.

it was a very very very bad idea.  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Umm...nope. Read my posts. Wasn't zoomed in.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2009, 06:58:01 PM »
Umm...nope. Read my posts. Wasn't zoomed in.

i didn't say ya were. i was only making a comment on something i did a few years ago.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2009, 07:01:02 PM »
just out of curiousity, have you ever flown over water in rl?

i have.....once......unless there's waves, there really isn't any depth perception . it's worse at night. actully........i've flown over the coast of nj quite a bit. i stay within an eighth of a mile of the beach. i've flown over calm lakes. it doesn't give ya much......and the first time i flew when there was snow on the ground..........dammmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm did everythign look different........and not much depth perception either.

hopefully i have a map with water tonight........

I don't have a pilots license, so the only flying I've done over water has been commercial flight.

Yes, it's worse at night. Flying without seeing anything is usually worse than being able to see, but that's not the point of this post. The point of the post is that the water we have now, at least in low resolution, doesn't have any depth perception. Before the big updated version, there was depth perception at low resolution. On at least one of the patches, there was depth perception at low resolution. Right now, there is no depth perception on low resolution.

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2009, 07:03:15 PM »
i didn't say ya were. i was only making a comment on something i did a few years ago.  :aok

Sorry, the format looked like you were agreeing with Mash. If that's not the case, then my apologies.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2009, 07:03:24 PM »
I don't have a pilots license, so the only flying I've done over water has been commercial flight.

Yes, it's worse at night. Flying without seeing anything is usually worse than being able to see, but that's not the point of this post. The point of the post is that the water we have now, at least in low resolution, doesn't have any depth perception. Before the big updated version, there was depth perception at low resolution. On at least one of the patches, there was depth perception at low resolution. Right now, there is no depth perception on low resolution.
Out of curiosity, do you have bump mapping on or off? If I'm not mistaken it defaulted to on a couple of patches ago and wouldn't remember being 'off', this was fixed in 7 or 8. Thus I'm thinking it may have turned off for some people in 7 or 8 and they didn't realize it/ didn't know it was there, and are thinking HTC changed something with the low detail terrain when they really didn't.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2009, 07:07:00 PM »

actually, in most cases, you can see much better at night.....except over water. my cfi showed me that off the coast of atlantic city.

this is NOT a shot at you.

can you post pics of what you see? i've never really had a problem with depth perception at any setting, over water or land.
 i have followed cons into the dirt and water, from target fixation. i've belly flopped into both.....because i was in the forward/up view tracking a con, and didn't realize i was so low.........but i don't understand about the depth perception. a pic or 2 of what you see would help.

i absolutely love flying at night. get up to about 2500 ft, trim for 100kts, and just enjoy the view....and the hum of that trusty ole lycoming..........stunningly beautiful. if you know anyone with a license, have them take ya up.....you won't regret it.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"