Author Topic: Ya, I can really do it without cheating.  (Read 3701 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Ya, I can really do it without cheating.
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2009, 07:53:58 AM »
the 2 kills came in a P39Q. admittadly, i only FUBARED em, as there was a countryman on the ground, and he finished em, giving me the kill.
 i think with some practice, i should be able to finish em.

And that's usually the only way you can get kills in a P-39Q on tanks: Because it's the kill crediting system that's FUBAR in that specific aspect. You will get the "kill" credited just by pure volume of "damage points" you inflicted on them without any actual damage, while the ground guy that finally really kills them with a single hit get's an "assist" only.

The P-39 has a low velocity HE firing 37mm cannon, completely different from the tank-busting high-velocity AP firing  37mm NS-37, 40mm Vickers S and the 23mm VYa.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2009, 08:02:08 AM »
And that's usually the only way you can get kills in a P-39Q on tanks: Because it's the kill crediting system that's FUBAR in that specific aspect. You will get the "kill" credited just by pure volume of "damage points" you inflicted on them without any actual damage, while the ground guy that finally really kills them with a single hit get's an "assist" only.

The P-39 has a low velocity HE firing 37mm cannon, completely different from the tank-busting high-velocity AP firing  37mm NS-37, 40mm Vickers S and the 23mm VYa.

i didin't know that about the 39's gun. i only took that, as i can fight a little in it, if an enemy air con came in.....and i expected one to come in.

the rare occasion i've flown anything like the il2, or the ju87(with the ginormous bomb) i've pretty much been shredded before i got near my targets.

i'll make my next tries in the il.

i just found it interesting that i could get that close to em without them hitting me, and that rich was right. in the time i was doing this, a countryman got shot down 3 times, making the standard type passes.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2009, 11:00:34 AM »
See Rules #2, #4
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 09:58:55 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2009, 12:57:32 PM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 09:59:04 AM by Skuzzy »
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2009, 01:08:25 PM »
See Rules #2, #4
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 09:59:15 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2009, 04:48:16 PM »
No offence Shifty, but i had the pleasure of being in the same squad as Rich, your supposed description of him above is completely wrong. The video posted by him was informational only, and to help those that need help, or have questions on how to do something. Im sure the posts title was just a response to people alledging that he is cheating when he is popping tigers in his IL2. Maybe of some of the accusers would take the time to watch it, instead of acting like 4yrolds when they loose their cartoon tank,they would realize that it is possible.

I want to make it crystal clear that this is not an attack on you Shifty, just an observation after reading what you posted, that coupled with knowing Rich, and past experiances flying with him.

Understand MB and I respect your opinion of the OP.
I also appreciate you keeping the fonts at regular size.  ;)

<S>

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2009, 06:24:14 PM »
i gotta be missing somethign here. all i read was the op telling a good way to handle gv's from the air. then he shows film, and describes it.

i went out and tried it in a 39q, and it worked rather well.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2009, 06:47:49 PM »
i gotta be missing somethign here. all i read was the op telling a good way to handle gv's from the air. then he shows film, and describes it.

You're not missing much.  *snicker*
See Rule #4

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2009, 07:31:39 PM »

CAP, the only thing you are missing is a bunch of tards not properly utilizing their brains and thinking the original poster was bragging/wanting attention, ect. ect.

Quite sad really.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2009, 07:32:25 PM »
The only problem is that IRL aircraft killing tanks with a gun Including the IL2 were very rare.
By far more tanks were killed by bombs ..or other tanks then by gunfire..even from the IL2.

If this were the case. there would be little to no reason for a country to have tanks.Or aircraft with bombs  Just build aircraft with powerful enough guns to kill tanks on a single pass

The difference isnt that the IL2 here is over modeled. Or that the gun is over modeled. They probably aren't.
In fact. against medium tanks such as the panzer. Its probably slightly under modeled.

But...

The difference is that IRL pilots couldnt just switch to microscope view so they could hit an area with pinpoint accuracy 4-5 feet square while traveling at over 100 miles per hour. not to mention that its guns possessed such a recoil that it made accuracy beyond the first round or two of a burst very difficult at best.
While here. such ill effects are minimal

"The worsening of flight characteristics of the new Shturmovik, as with the IL-2 with the ShFK-37, was due to a large mass/wing ratio and the design of the cannon pods which lowered the aerodynamic performance of the aircraft. From an overall point of view, the IL-2 had poor balance; this indefinitely lowered cannon accuracy. This major factor was amplified by the strong recoil of the cannons during firing. According to NII VA VVS KA data (a letter of NII AV General-Major M.V. Gurevich, from 19.11.1943, to S.V. Ilyushin), the maximum strength of the recoil , present for .03 seconds, on a ground-based platform(existing technology of that time didn't allow the measuring of "the strength of recoil" in aircraft and much less in the air during firing) consisted of a considerable amount - 5500 kg, with a recoil average of 2500 kg. All of this contributed to the wide dispersal of shells during aerial firing."

Results based on the proving grounds trials showed that the well-trained Shturmovik-pilot in all normal circumstances of attack, could attack from a 30 degree angle at a distance of 300-400m - waging fire that would assure the destruction of the Pz.IVG medium tank at .04 to .07. For a halftrack such as the Sd Kfz 251, no higher than .08 - .17. In other words, for the destruction of a solitary tank, vehicle etc... it was necessary to attack with about 15 armored IL's"

http://www.battlefield.ru/content/view/239/123/lang,en/

rich isnt doing anything wrong or anything that the game doesnt allow.
He's just gaming the game a bit

Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2009, 07:57:47 PM »

Your not missing anything Cap. Its the same mopes busting up the same kinda threads, once again, and doing so without this Aces High company doing anything about it. Now I have a total stranger named "shifty" telling me why I posted something, in the negative of course. Gee thanks stranger. And here I was thinking I posted it cause I have a lot of enthusiam for this part of the game. Really, thanks for setting me straight.

So Im going to join the other 95% of their "paying" player base and just not use the forum. Im tired of playing games with these fools. As it stands now I cant even start a thread without the one Liner Monkey brigade busting it up. I dont need the additional aggravation, frankly I wonder if any of these characters have any kind of life outside this game.

:salute To those for the fine conversations weve had here. But this forum aint worth a damn!

P.S. Cap1 your a gentleman and Ive appreciated hearing your input. I could say that to a fair amount of folks and its a shame its come to this. But this thread is the last straw for me. <Poof>
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2009, 08:16:36 PM »
The only problem is that IRL aircraft killing tanks with a gun Including the IL2 were very rare.
By far more tanks were killed by bombs ..or other tanks then by gunfire..even from the IL2.

If this were the case. there would be little to no reason for a country to have tanks.Or aircraft with bombs  Just build aircraft with powerful enough guns to kill tanks on a single pass

The difference isnt that the IL2 here is over modeled. Or that the gun is over modeled. They probably aren't.
In fact. against medium tanks such as the panzer. Its probably slightly under modeled.

But...

The difference is that IRL pilots couldnt just switch to microscope view so they could hit an area with pinpoint accuracy 4-5 feet square while traveling at over 100 miles per hour. not to mention that its guns possessed such a recoil that it made accuracy beyond the first round or two of a burst very difficult at best.
While here. such ill effects are minimal

"The worsening of flight characteristics of the new Shturmovik, as with the IL-2 with the ShFK-37, was due to a large mass/wing ratio and the design of the cannon pods which lowered the aerodynamic performance of the aircraft. From an overall point of view, the IL-2 had poor balance; this indefinitely lowered cannon accuracy. This major factor was amplified by the strong recoil of the cannons during firing. According to NII VA VVS KA data (a letter of NII AV General-Major M.V. Gurevich, from 19.11.1943, to S.V. Ilyushin), the maximum strength of the recoil , present for .03 seconds, on a ground-based platform(existing technology of that time didn't allow the measuring of "the strength of recoil" in aircraft and much less in the air during firing) consisted of a considerable amount - 5500 kg, with a recoil average of 2500 kg. All of this contributed to the wide dispersal of shells during aerial firing."

Results based on the proving grounds trials showed that the well-trained Shturmovik-pilot in all normal circumstances of attack, could attack from a 30 degree angle at a distance of 300-400m - waging fire that would assure the destruction of the Pz.IVG medium tank at .04 to .07. For a halftrack such as the Sd Kfz 251, no higher than .08 - .17. In other words, for the destruction of a solitary tank, vehicle etc... it was necessary to attack with about 15 armored IL's"

http://www.battlefield.ru/content/view/239/123/lang,en/

rich isnt doing anything wrong or anything that the game doesnt allow.
He's just gaming the game a bit

we're not talking real life here. in real life, lancs, 17's, and 24's didn't dive bomb. tbm's and sbd;s didn;t turn fight. a20's didn't turn fight(i think).

we're talking ah2 here....and the demonstrated attack method works very nicely.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2009, 08:19:47 PM »
If this had been posted in the Help and Training forum and the subject line reflected that, the reaction would probably have been different. Some of your wording was probably interpreted that you invented the tactic. That was my first reaction when I read it.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2009, 08:25:23 PM »
Your not missing anything Cap. Its the same mopes busting up the same kinda threads, once again, and doing so without this Aces High company doing anything about it. Now I have a total stranger named "shifty" telling me why I posted something, in the negative of course. Gee thanks stranger. And here I was thinking I posted it cause I have a lot of enthusiam for this part of the game. Really, thanks for setting me straight.

So Im going to join the other 95% of their "paying" player base and just not use the forum. Im tired of playing games with these fools. As it stands now I cant even start a thread without the one Liner Monkey brigade busting it up. I dont need the additional aggravation, frankly I wonder if any of these characters have any kind of life outside this game.

:salute To those for the fine conversations weve had here. But this forum aint worth a damn!

P.S. Cap1 your a gentleman and Ive appreciated hearing your input. I could say that to a fair amount of folks and its a shame its come to this. But this thread is the last straw for me. <Poof>

hopefully you check in one more time.

if you leave, then they won.

now.......i had seen your other posts about this. it didn't strike home till last night though. there wasn't much going on in the air, and there were a couple guys kept trying to gv into our bases...i died once, and watched a countryman die multiple times......doing the standard attacks.
 one of em was idling in 1st gear, as he was able to bring his turret to bear on me rather quickly, when we attacked him from different directions.
 then i remembered this thread, and kinda "saw" the film in my head. since it was a slow night, i figured what the hell? i;ll try it.
 the first times were in a p38j. it's very very easy to line this up in a p38, with the counter-rotating props. the guns just aren't enough.....yet. since i wanted to stick with something i could fight in if i had to, i upped the p39q. it took me a few minutes getting re-adjusted to the torque of a single engine, but she did more damage. enough, that i now want to try this in the il2.

the most amazing part(to me anyway) is that although a p38 is a small target to another aircraft, it's generally one of the easier planes to hit from the ground.
 i made close to 10 passes, and neither of em put a single round in me.

don't much care what the other guys have said........

thanks dude!
<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2009, 08:26:44 PM »
If this had been posted in the Help and Training forum and the subject line reflected that, the reaction would probably have been different. Some of your wording was probably interpreted that you invented the tactic. That was my first reaction when I read it.

i believe he did post one in there........but with all of the gv's lately, this forum is appropriate for this. it is informative, and on topic.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"