Author Topic: Evil Con Mission: Superfokker  (Read 7158 times)

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
Re: Evil Con Mission: Superfokker
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2009, 04:37:22 PM »
Sweet!
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2009, 05:16:33 PM »
Wow with an unfinished WWII set? Just WOW. Total surprise at that decision.
all you do, in an arena FULL of different planes, is fly a single airplane type, and yet you complain about adding a few WW1 crates?  Wheres that "rolls eyes" thingy....

:rolleyes:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2009, 05:22:33 PM »
I too am a bit torn on my opinion regarding the WWI arena. Especially when there's things like the KI-43, Yak-1/3 family and Pe-2 missing from the WWII planeset and many existing planes still to be updated to the AHII-standards.

Here's the GOOD NEWS, HTC has years of work ahead of them.  Imagine them being DONE.  Somehow thats not really comforting.

Bring some WW1 crates for those of us that are open minded about the history of aerial combat and want to experience more.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2009, 05:28:41 PM »
I think through your own selfishness, some of you are missing a valuable point. Its easy to say I want this or that , but the business side needs to be looked at first imho. A WWI flight sim will add a whole different revenue stream appealing to another market . More money= more assets to assign to the things you do want. In these times if you have the means to do it, and your competition does not (or already offers this), it needs to be done. I say if its a healthy business decision after informed market survey , then do it. No matter what the new version/sim is. But right now there is no decent populated supported WWI flight sim out there other than Rise of flight which charges for each add on AC...and is not MMP.

My two cents.
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2009, 05:56:29 PM »
I'm all for a WWI arena and would ultimately like to see it developed to include a couple of bombers and GV's as well.  In fact I'd like to see a Spanish Civil War arena and a Korean arena too but four WWI aircraft would be a good place to start.

I just hope my arm heals (tennis elbow) before they introduce this so I can play.

[EDIT]  I just found this site on Spanish Civil War aircraft:  http://www.zi.ku.dk/personal/drnash/model/Spain/index.html

There also a good write up on the Spanish Civil war at Centennial of Flight:  http://www.centennialofflight.gov/essay/Air_Power/Spansh_CW/AP18.htm

In case anyone's interested.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 07:21:12 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2009, 05:58:26 PM »
Here's the GOOD NEWS, HTC has years of work ahead of them.  Imagine them being DONE.  Somehow thats not really comforting.

I don't think that a game using the business model HTC has is ever truly finished or ready and that's the real beauty of it which keeps me here. The question I raised was just about the order of doing things. I might disagree with HTC's decision of developing WWI-arena *now* instead of updating the existing WWII-planeset. I haven't actually formed an opinion about it yet. Couple things however are certain: First, I understand and respect HTC's decision and second, just like I would have great time flying things like the Me-410 or shooting down Pe-2s I will be certainly having fun in the WWI -arena.

Bring some WW1 crates for those of us that are open minded about the history of aerial combat and want to experience more.

So are you saying that people who would rather see more WWII- planes and better possibilities for Special Events are close minded? It is obvious that HTC can't please everyone at any given time and people are bound to disagree. And that doesn't nesessarily make them selfish either. For example, KI-43 isn't really my big favourites as far as fighters go but IMO with 5000 examples built and being the primary IJAAF fighter of the war I'm hoping it will be added soon.

I'm hoping that the fact that people are having different opinions regarding HTC's development decision wouldn't make it impossible to have a level headed discussion about it. Of course, knowing this board... :(
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2009, 06:31:50 PM »
So are you saying that people who would rather see more WWII- planes and better possibilities for Special Events are close minded?

After ten years of nothing BUT WW2 development?  yeah.  Some people are being extremely close minded.

The WW2 game is well on its way, now it is time to open up to a larger era of warfare.  Has been time for several years actually.  Now is as good a time as any.  Throw in a F86/Mig-15 while we are talking about it.  It is just too obvious not to do this, and it is way overdue.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2009, 06:39:27 PM »
WW1 is for the birds.

Especially with AH's current damage system.

If it means we no longer have to suffer through "titanic tuesdays" then maybe it would be a decent trade-off, but there are SO MANY things that need work in AH2 (ESPECIALLY all the ancient 1999-era graphics on half the planes!!!!) that I really REALLY don't want to see them working on an entirely different war while WW2 squanders.

Whats this "we" Kemosabi? I actually like Titanic Tues.
Its only 1 night sheesh
Seems there are stil a couple of other arenas to fly in if TT isnt someones cup of tea
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2009, 06:46:31 PM »
After ten years of nothing BUT WW2 development?  yeah.  Some people are being extremely close minded.

Ok, I was suspecting something like this. When you call people close minded based on something like this I really don't see a reason continuing this discussion.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2009, 07:02:58 PM »
Ever since the change of ONE single arena to Multiple arenas the focus of the game has changed for the user. WINNING the WAR was the ultimate outcome and when THE WAR was WON, it would start all over again. With multiple arenas it is more about just flying around Vulching, picking, buffing, GVing or taking all of TT, just out of spite. I think flying WWI rides would be fun and for sure might spark interest to a  new AH player to the game interested in WWI dogfighting. I just don't think it needs to be rocket science.......i.e. devoting time to another dimension of the game while neglecting another aspect or problems in the game that exist.

Early War Arena could easily be made to accommodate where the WWI kites fly and mid war could be Arena for the sticks that didn't want to deal with 262'z or late war aircraft for that matter. I do feel there is room for both. Make the game better and more interesting than just flying around is a plus and HTC would benefit. I just want to RALLY ALL AH PLAYERS to get HTC to put a base line cap of no less than 200 that can enter an Arena. Having the Arena cap at 100 is just lunacy for LATE WAR ARENAS!.......Lets start there and work up, but as far as the WWI rides I think it would be fun and another aspect of the game, when it does get a bit monotonous.

<<<!S!>>>  ALL ......just an opinion  :salute
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 07:05:34 PM by REVRAND »

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2009, 07:06:29 PM »
Has HT modeled trans/supersonic flow in AH or will it take additional 'coad' to have jets that can go over the speed of sound perform accurately?
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline boomerlu

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2009, 07:15:30 PM »
Has HT modeled trans/supersonic flow in AH or will it take additional 'coad' to have jets that can go over the speed of sound perform accurately?
This may sound odd, but one day I was bored enough to take various high performance late war planes up to their maximum altitudes and then dive them straight down to see which ones could break the Mach barrier.

I tested at least the P51D, TA152, and ME262. 152 was the only one that could break the speed of sound. Yet when it went over Mach 1, nothing special happened.

Donno if that helps, but that's what I've got on this subject.
boomerlu
JG11

Air Power rests at the apex of the first triad of victory, for it combines mobility, flexibility, and initiative.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2009, 07:18:29 PM »
This may sound odd, but one day I was bored enough to take various high performance late war planes up to their maximum altitudes and then dive them straight down to see which ones could break the Mach barrier.

I tested at least the P51D, TA152, and ME262. 152 was the only one that could break the speed of sound. Yet when it went over Mach 1, nothing special happened.

Donno if that helps, but that's what I've got on this subject.
I don't think much would happen...doubtful HT coaded Mach 1 transition since most planes don't go Mach 1 normally.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Grind

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2009, 07:20:11 PM »

The WW2 game is well on its way, now it is time to open up to a larger era of warfare.  Has been time for several years actually.  Now is as good a time as any.  Throw in a F86/Mig-15 while we are talking about it.  It is just too obvious not to do this, and it is way overdue.

+1  :aok

On another note..... maybe add an old Harley for a WW1 GV... hehe  
Windows 11 Pro, Z790 UD AX,  i5-13600K, 64 MB DDR5, RTX 4070, Alienware AW3225QF QD-OLED monitor,TrackIr 5, VKB Gunfighter IV, VKB Gladiator NXT EVO Throttle, VKB Mk V Rudder Pedals.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2009, 08:29:03 PM »
HTC needs to add what HTC thinks they need to add. Screw you guys going 'boo hoo i want i want gimme gimme', I'm happy with the game as it is. If more is added, even better. What we have now is a blessing. If you don't like it, leave. Good luck finding anything better than AHII, you'll be back.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok