Author Topic: Evil Con Mission: Superfokker  (Read 7148 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Re: Evil Con Mission: Superfokker
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2009, 09:07:15 PM »
Ok, I was suspecting something like this. When you call people close minded based on something like this I really don't see a reason continuing this discussion.
wow....just wow.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2009, 09:08:40 PM »
HTC needs to add what HTC thinks they need to add. Screw you guys going 'boo hoo i want i want gimme gimme', I'm happy with the game as it is. If more is added, even better. What we have now is a blessing. If you don't like it, leave. Good luck finding anything better than AHII, you'll be back.
+0

or

whichever floats yer boat.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2009, 09:11:58 PM »
HTC needs to add what HTC thinks they need to add. Screw you guys going 'boo hoo i want i want gimme gimme', I'm happy with the game as it is. If more is added, even better. What we have now is a blessing. If you don't like it, leave. Good luck finding anything better than AHII, you'll be back.

This man truly gets it.

+0

or

whichever floats yer boat.

This one doesn't. 

-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2009, 09:15:46 PM »
This man truly gets it.

This one doesn't. 

+1
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2009, 09:18:26 PM »

:neener:

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2009, 09:22:46 PM »
You sure are a negative person.  Were you not loved as a child?
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2009, 09:33:45 PM »

:joystick:

Offline HHBurn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2009, 05:24:31 AM »
Maybe they loved him a little too much.
Show us on the banana where they touched you. :banana:

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2009, 06:20:06 AM »
wow....just wow.

LOL I know your pain.

Reading comprehension is amazing
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2009, 07:43:10 AM »
First, remember, HTC doesn't care WHERE you fly. Early war, mid war, late war, AvA, DA, TA or WWI arena. As long as your having a good time, and keeping your acct active they are happy.
Simply stated more options means more happy customers, as your drawing from a bigger base.
Adding WWI is just one more string for the bow, one more different thing that you can do.

If you were paying attention the last couple patch's there have been HUGE changes in foundation stuff. Changes that may not effect us for a bit, but that set the stage for everything that follows.

They will start testing those with the WWI planes first, as they have a nice small set, 4 birds, and they can dial in all the bells and whistles.

Once that is all set then the really big job is of upgrading all the WWII planes to the new damage model with 4x as many damage points. That one will take time. But its much easier to do most of your testing in a small arena, with  limited #'s of people, and only 4 planes. Then take what you learn from there and start putting it to work on the WWII planes.

The idea was also raised to have a once an "anything goes" arena where there would be no perked planes, or field capture, and all the evil con missions from the past could be flown and enjoyed.

Who wins, the Shark with laser beam or the super fokker?  :)

I don't know about you, but to me these are great and exciting times to be flying here in AH. Lots of new stuff constantly in the pipeline.

Attaboy HTC! Rock on!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2009, 07:45:29 AM »
all you do, in an arena FULL of different planes, is fly a single airplane type, and yet you complain about adding a few WW1 crates?  Wheres that "rolls eyes" thingy....

:rolleyes:

Some of us are in it for the historical side. Our squad is an actual squad of WWII. Try googling 80th FS Headhunters some time.

Now on the other hand you can fly any plane you like... I really don't care. I know my plane and will come out on top more times than not because I know what my bird can do. I'm truely not interested in flying any other bird. I have have flown others in FSO when I fill in. I never do badly at all. In fact I find the other birds I have flown in there to be fairly easy to get a handle on.

The concern I have is not the crates but the time involved with adding another era without full support of the planeset here. That should be easy to understand.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2009, 07:51:03 AM »
WWI aircombat could be a lot of fun given the view system created by HTC.

If any type of "aircraft" needed that kind of view system it's those from the
WWII era in particular.  You gotta be able to crane your neck to look around
the struts and upper wings.

Anyway. I give it two weeks (so effing crucify me for the lamest joke in all of sim-dom)

It'l be out just after they release Combat Theater!

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2009, 09:39:04 AM »
Reading comprehension is amazing

It sure is. Applies when you are typing aswell, though.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2009, 09:46:14 AM »

Is that really necessary? We're just sharing opinions here.

I learned of this game from a history channel commercial and it was the historical aspect that interested me most.

I think WW2 represents the right combination of technology etc, to  make it the pinnacle of aerial combat and the ultimate shooting experience.

The Combat Tour concept excited me most, with that level of immersion, the fantasy experience of being a WW2 squadron fighter pilot.

Well, that didn't happen and now I have to fly the spit vs spit and corsair vs mustang concept, and play whatever special events I can, I'm still here.

I realize most don't share my opinions, if they did, the only arena that would have all planes enabled for each side would be the DA and all the main arenas would be axis vs allies, even if the axis bomber performance needed to be fudged a little to make it more fair for example.

If HTC thinks it's good for business to add Sopwith Camels, Mig 15's or X-wings and Tie-Fighters, that's what they need to do, but I think it's ok for me to say that that is not the direction I would like to see taken.

It's just an opinion.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 10:04:42 AM by jimson »

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2009, 09:48:27 AM »
Hopefully they don't spend too much time on it.  Whilst having a few basic WWI models will be great to dogfight in, I doubt you will see mass numbers flying in a WWI arena after the novelty wears off.

AH still has plenty of WW2 planes to be added and I would hate to see development get distracted again a la CT.  USP and all that.

Well if we do see it I bet there would be alot of disappointed RoF types joining up to fly what they thought they would get with that sim.  I wish HTC would do a WWI arena I would be there MOST of the time.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot