Author Topic: It takes 2 to HO....  (Read 8255 times)

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
Re: It takes 2 to HO....
« Reply #255 on: October 24, 2009, 12:15:42 PM »
I try very hard, REALLY REALLY hard not to call people idiots are insult them personally here.

Its a good way to go.

:rock :salute

yep Yeager - it's always amazed me how some seem to think that by insulting others it willl somehow endear them to their way of thinking. Now having said that I myself will admit to insulting behavior occasionally- but it was TOTALLY intentional!!!!!  :lol :lol :lol

cheers eh! :D
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #256 on: October 24, 2009, 01:25:24 PM »
yep Yeager - it's always amazed me how some seem to think that by insulting others it willl somehow endear them to their way of thinking. Now having said that I myself will admit to insulting behavior occasionally- but it was TOTALLY intentional!!!!!  :lol :lol :lol

poopieface!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bolt: :noid :bolt:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #257 on: October 24, 2009, 07:20:59 PM »
Wow you think it would take skill to preform a HO/ dodge it.....Theres no skill to it at all, no skill killing someone avioding it , if it doesnt take some skill why would you do it?
I offensively HO  in an IL2. Amazing how many people still come straight at you.  :x :airplane:
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #258 on: October 24, 2009, 07:59:31 PM »
I offensively HO  in an IL2. Amazing how many people still come straight at you.  :x :airplane:

According to BlauK the trainer it's a great offensive tactic, why not?

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #259 on: October 24, 2009, 08:16:18 PM »
Grizz,
get your facts right. I am no trainer and I have not called it a "great" offensive tactic.
Where do you invent all that stuff??
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 08:18:43 PM by BlauK »

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #260 on: October 24, 2009, 09:54:15 PM »
According to BlauK the trainer it's a great offensive tactic, why not?

Blauk is not trainer... but...

Being a trainer does not mean as much as some think. Most of them donate time to helping others. Does not mean they are correct with everything they may say.

Case in point..... ex-cop teaching a gun safety course for concealed carry. He said to everyone in a class that if they hear a noise in their home to investigate and shoot anyone they may find. When told I would not just shoot without identifying first as I have a wife and daughter in the house. He said if I wait I may get shot.

What that trainer was telling folks was going to get someone's family memeber killed.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #261 on: October 24, 2009, 11:32:42 PM »
Grizz,
get your facts right. I am no trainer and I have not called it a "great" offensive tactic.
Where do you invent all that stuff??

I'm going to go ahead and pull the booze card on this one.  Sorry.   :)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #262 on: October 25, 2009, 02:08:09 AM »
Fugitive was right....THIS ISNT REAL LIFE so dont use real life stuff as an arguement, You dont see Soldiers saying anything about noob tubing people in Call of duty...because they know it isnt real life. I cant argue anymore...I know there isnt any use.....
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #263 on: October 25, 2009, 10:39:51 AM »
Fugitive was right....THIS ISNT REAL LIFE so dont use real life stuff as an arguement, You dont see Soldiers saying anything about noob tubing people in Call of duty...because they know it isnt real life. I cant argue anymore...I know there isnt any use.....

I'm having real life fun! :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #264 on: October 25, 2009, 12:37:49 PM »
HO's are a legal but perhaps questionable manauver.
I knew a girl named Mary who HO'd to make a living.
Therefore what Mary did was legal. :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

You can prove just about anything you want by taking it out of context.
If you're having fun then great - if not then perhaps you need to consider alternatives.

HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #265 on: October 25, 2009, 01:28:36 PM »
hhmmm....remember all those old westerns? where they had the showdowns in the street?

10 paces, turn n fire? technically speaking, weren't they ho'ing each other?
 :noid :bolt:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #266 on: October 25, 2009, 02:30:38 PM »
I cant argue anymore...I know there isnt any use.....

"When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave". —Master Kan Kung Fu.

:x

"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #267 on: October 25, 2009, 02:30:58 PM »
hhmmm....remember all those old westerns? where they had the showdowns in the street?

lol my dad watches those all the time  :lol
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #268 on: October 26, 2009, 10:03:20 AM »
Hmmmm....remember all those old westerns? where they had the showdowns in the street?

In fact...wasn't shooting a guy in the back the COWARDS way?  :D

Ho-ing takes the dogfight out of the combat...but so does alt money pic-tarding which was also mentioned in this thread. Folks with good dogfighting skills and maneuverable planes want the game to be about dogfighting, but like the real war, the MA is about more than that. All of this whining about "Ho-ing" is just an attempt at a guilt trip to force pilots to give the advantage to pilots with higher skill levels by only engaging 'highly skilled' kills.

It's probably true that the (many) highly skilled pilots in this game would never be killed by pilot of lesser skill if it weren't for pick-tarding, and Ho-ing. So rather than be cannon fodder until I develop that kind of skill level, I'm going to shoot at what ever I have a gun solution on. (most likely I'll miss anyway)
I'm simply not good enough to give up an easy kill by NOT pulling the trigger on a bandit dumb enough to fly straight at me. 

But I would suggest that is what makes the MA like the real war in that Skill level was often no guarantee of success.

Better break early.  ;)

Who is John Galt?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #269 on: October 26, 2009, 10:10:01 AM »
In fact...wasn't shooting a guy in the back the COWARDS way?  :D

Ho-ing takes the dogfight out of the combat...but so does alt money pic-tarding which was also mentioned in this thread. Folks with good dogfighting skills and maneuverable planes want the game to be about dogfighting, but like the real war, the MA is about more than that. All of this whining about "Ho-ing" is just an attempt at a guilt trip to force pilots to give the advantage to pilots with higher skill levels by only engaging 'highly skilled' kills.

It's probably true that the (many) highly skilled pilots in this game would never be killed by pilot of lesser skill if it weren't for pick-tarding, and Ho-ing. So rather than be cannon fodder until I develop that kind of skill level, I'm going to shoot at what ever I have a gun solution on. (most likely I'll miss anyway)
I'm simply not good enough to give up an easy kill by NOT pulling the trigger on a bandit dumb enough to fly straight at me. 

But I would suggest that is what makes the MA like the real war in that Skill level was often no guarantee of success.

Better break early.  ;)

I believe the point is..... if they ho they will never learn the skill to dogfight. You don't just wake up one day and suddenly find you can dogfight in your cartoon plane.

On a 500 mile dash by car... would you jump in a vehicle with someone driving who has never driven before?  :)
80th FS "Headhunters"